Best Rock Rhythm Sections?

but i should clarify something here.... i only feel this way about the band IF someone dies....NOT if a member quits and the band gets someone else to replace him....i should have said this earlier....

I know what you mean. Metallica post-Cliff Burton sucks ass. :lol:

many feel that Cliff was the heart and soul of the band.....so go on but change your name....this is what i feel that the Allman Bros...AC/DC and Skynard and a few others should have done....ESPECIALLY when the heart and soul of the band is no more....if he quits,that is a different situation....

but i should clarify something here.... i only feel this way about the band IF someone dies....NOT if a member quits and the band gets someone else to replace him....i should have said this earlier....

many feel that Cliff was the heart and soul of the band.....so go on but change your name....this is what i feel that the Allman Bros...AC/DC and Skynard and a few others should have done....ESPECIALLY when the heart and soul of the band is no more....if he quits,that is a different situation....

I'll give you Skynard, but I have to disagree on the Allmans and AC/DC. Unless I'm mistaken, Duane wasn't the only Allman brother in the band. And I'd say Angus has always been the heart and soul of AC/DC. I do however think Johnson is nowhere near the vocal talent that Scott was.

I'll give you Skynard, but I have to disagree on the Allmans and AC/DC. Unless I'm mistaken, Duane wasn't the only Allman brother in the band. And I'd say Angus has always been the heart and soul of AC/DC. I do however think Johnson is nowhere near the vocal talent that Scott was.

but Duane was the heart and soul of the band.....notice how the music was different after he was gone...Brothers and Sisters?.....mostly Country Rock.....they were nothing like the first 4 LP's after his and berry's deaths....now when i see people putting up an Allman bro. video from U-Tube it is many times the "NEW" Allman Bros. playing the "OLD" allman tunes....a cover band....the only band that i can think of right now that did what i consider the right thing with a members death was Zeppelin.....but that is just me....Queen trying to replace Freddie Mercury was another asinine move IMO....

but Duane was the heart and soul of the band.....notice how the music was different after he was gone...Brothers and Sisters?.....mostly Country Rock.....they were nothing like the first 4 LP's after his and berry's deaths....now when i see people putting up an Allman bro. video from U-Tube it is many times the "NEW" Allman Bros. playing the "OLD" allman tunes....a cover band....the only band that i can think of right now that did what i consider the right thing with a members death was Zeppelin.....but that is just me....Queen trying to replace Freddie Mercury was another asinine move IMO....

The Doors too. Unless you count their weak attempt 3 decades later. :lol:

Sublime
Nirvana

But at least with Queen they added "with Paul Rodgers" who let's face it, is quite the vocal titan in his own right.

Sublime
Nirvana

But at least with Queen they added "with Paul Rodgers" who let's face it, is quite the vocal titan in his own right.

That was the whole point actually. Band members just don't stay together for the most part. Usually their egos get in each other's way, but someone gets to keep the name that everyone knows. What I said earlier about there being a lot of talent out there is true, so the way I see it is, if the tunes that made the group continue, then it's still "the group". Yes, there are outstanding musicians/vocalists, who would be hard to make a comparison to, but you'd rarely see them together on the same stage.

Interesting that nobody ever mentions Mitch Michtell and Noel Redding.

Were they just an average rhythm section, or were they just totally eclipsed by the real star?

Sublime
Nirvana

That was the whole point actually. Band members just don't stay together for the most part. Usually their egos get in each other's way, but someone gets to keep the name that everyone knows. What I said earlier about there being a lot of talent out there is true, so the way I see it is, if the tunes that made the group continue, then it's still "the group". Yes, there are outstanding musicians/vocalists, who would be hard to make a comparison to, but you'd rarely see them together on the same stage.

i understand what your saying ALL..B....i just feel that if the only original member in the "new" band is the drummer say....it aint the band....i can go down to a club and see covers....but thats me....:razz:

Paul (Fast Foot) Lagos drums and Victor Conte bass.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj1ouUg1VfE&feature=PlayList&p=66488B93DE3C7166&index=2]YouTube - Harvey Mandel (The Divining Rod)[/ame]

Pete Way/Andy Parker-UFO
Jack Bruce/Ginger Baker-Cream
Martin Turner/Steve Upton-Wishbone Ash
Paul Samwell-Smith/Jim McCarty-The Yardbirds
Chas Chandler/John Steel-The Animals
Geezer Butler/Bill Ward-Black Sabbath

Forum List

Back