Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cissy Strut - The Meters

• Eruption - Van Halen

• Hocus Pocus - Focus

• Total voters
Dragonforce 'Through The fire And Flames' not strictly an instrumental but wait for the guitar solos and prepare to be amazed.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jgrCKhxE1s]YouTube - DragonForce - Through the Fire and Flames[/ame]

Toss up between Rush, and ELO, but ELO won out because Rush is too mainstream, and way too overplayed.

• Banned
Toss up between Rush, and ELO, but ELO won out because Rush is too mainstream, and way too overplayed.

LOL

I've been a Rush fan for over 20 years and seen them live over 40 times. This is the first time I've ever heard them described as too mainstream and overplayed.

And fwiw, I hear Fire on High played on the radio with considerably greater frequency than YYZ.

LOL

I've been a Rush fan for over 20 years and seen them live over 40 times. This is the first time I've ever heard them described as too mainstream and overplayed.

And fwiw, I hear Fire on High played on the radio with considerably greater frequency than YYZ.

You don't live in Wisconsin. :eusa_eh:

I can't imagine choosing my favorite rock instrumental, but how about Tarcus by Emerson Lake and or Palmer?

If I want to hear an instrumental, I prefer Mozart. Instrumentals by rock groups are boring and self-indulgant, IMO.

I never for the life of me understood how anyone could stand listening to Drums in Space.

In Memory of Elizabeth Reed---Allman Brothers. Can I count "Can't You Hear Me Knocking" by the Stones ? minimal lyrics ??? Please ??

If I want to hear an instrumental, I prefer Mozart. Instrumentals by rock groups are boring and self-indulgant, IMO.

Okay, I'm down with that, too.

Then how about Mussorgsky's Pictures at an Exhibition by Emerson Lake and Palmer?

Not to your liking?

Okay how about Tchiakowski's "March of the Sugar Plum Fairies" ALSO by ELP?

Still not your taste?

How about Jose Filiciano's rendidtion of Handel's FIREWORKS?

Maybe the Saturday Night Fevor version of Night on Bald Mountain works for you?

Then how about Mussorgsky's Pictures at an Exhibition by Emerson Lake and Palmer?

Not to your liking?

Still not your taste?

Or one of Jethro Tull's seventeen odd versions of Boureé.

[youtube]W37x7lNP4DY[/youtube]

Not to your liking?

Still not your taste?

Well, fair points. FWIW, I tend to be a purist when it comes to classical music. I'm not big on synthesizers and ELP wasn't ever my kind of music...

But can't say I've ever heard the Jose Feliciano, so you never know. ;)

But can't say I've ever heard the Jose Feliciano, so you never know.

A blind Puerto Rican whose time of fame was in the late 1960s.

A flamigo guitarist who could handle Handel as easily as spanish folk tunes or rock and roll.

I believe his most famous top 40's song was his cover of the Door's "Light my Fire" which, frankly, I think he did better than the Doors.

For a while he was sort of like a Segovia-lite.

Forum List

Back