Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Anderson Silva

• Minotauro Nogeira

• Randy Couture

• Total voters
I'm tempted to say Silva but I honestly don't see a person on this planet with enough balls to take Emelianenko down. You know that old saying, "No matter how bad you are there's always someone badder?" Well Fedor is that man. He's so funny...he always has that deer in the headlights/not too bright look. But man, that beast is relentless and fearless. He has amazing knockout power. Not to mention he is a very good Sambo and Judo fighter. He can submit very well.

I say Emelianenko is undefeated but tecnically he was beat by Kohsaka back in 2000. Kohsaka hit Fedor with an accidental elbow and opened a nasty cut on his head. The doc said he would not allow Fedor to continue. Because this was a tournament a winner had to be declared so Kohsaka won. Should have been a NC. He later got a rematch with Kohsaka and chopped him down.

Who hear thinks Couture could beat Fedor?

Don't count out Nogueira as a possibility as the best PFP. Yeah I know he lost to Emelianenko but this guy has the heart of a warrior. How can anyone not stand in awe of what this man has done. His first loss was against Dan Henderson but beat him in a rematch with an armbar. Dan is one of the best in the business but Nogueira looked very good against him. Beating him was a statement. He lost by unanimous decision in a war with Emelianenko and again in their rematch but showed extreme heart against the best fighter in the world. I was shocked he lost to Josh Barnett but beat him in their rematch.

That's four losses. Not too shabby considering who he lost to and factor in the men he's beat...Jeremy Horn, Mark Coleman, Heath Herring 3 times, Enson Inoue, Bob Sapp, Dan Henderson, Rico Rodriguez, Mirko Cro-Cop, Zuluzinho, Fabricio Werdum and Tim Sylvia.

I was most impressed with his win over Sylvia for the belt. He stepped in and stood toe-to-toe with Sylvia. Eventually he snuck in and pulled guard. He swept Tim and took cross-mount. From there he nabbed Sylvia in an anaconda choke. It was tight and Timmy tapped quickly. Nogueira went to war with the big man and won, not something many men have done.

Nogueira faces Frank Mir next. I say he wins. He has impressed me and is now one of my favorite fighters. I love this guy.

If he beats Mir I say Dana White finally gets Emelianenko to come to the UFC, fight a few scrubs and then gets an epic fight against Nogueira for the title. I will go even further and say I would not be surprised if he beat Fedor. Nogueira is getting better and better with every fight and wins in the rematches he loses. He has shot down the elite of MMA and is looking better than ever.

In the end I have to vote for Fedor Emelianenko. Yeah, Anderson Silva is the hottest fighter right now but Fedor is just unstoppable.

Last edited:
I'm tempted to say Silva but I honestly don't see a person on this planet with enough balls to take Emelianenko down. You know that old saying, "No matter how bad you are there's always someone badder?" Well Fedor is that man. He's so funny...he always has that deer in the headlights/not too bright look. But man, that beast is relentless and fearless. He has amazing knockout power. Not to mention he is a very good Sambo and Judo fighter. He can submit very well.

I say Emelianenko is undefeated but tecnically he was beat by Kohsaka back in 2000. Kohsaka hit Fedor with an accidental elbow and opened a nasty cut on his head. The doc said he would not allow Fedor to continue. Because this was a tournament a winner had to be declared so Kohsaka won. Should have been a NC. He later got a rematch with Kohsaka and chopped him down.

Who hear thinks Couture could beat Fedor?

Don't count out Nogueira as a possibility as the best PFP. Yeah I know he lost to Emelianenko but this guy has the heart of a warrior. How can anyone not stand in awe of what this man has done. His first loss was against Dan Henderson but beat him in a rematch with an armbar. Dan is one of the best in the business but Nogueira looked very good against him. Beating him was a statement. He lost by unanimous decision in a war with Emelianenko and again in their rematch but showed extreme heart against the best fighter in the world. I was shocked he lost to Josh Barnett but beat him in their rematch.

That's four losses. Not too shabby considering who he lost to and factor in the men he's beat...Jeremy Horn, Mark Coleman, Heath Herring 3 times, Enson Inoue, Bob Sapp, Dan Henderson, Rico Rodriguez, Mirko Cro-Cop, Zuluzinho, Fabricio Werdum and Tim Sylvia.

I was most impressed with his win over Sylvia for the belt. He stepped in and stood toe-to-toe with Sylvia. Eventually he snuck in and pulled guard. He swept Tim and took cross-mount. From there he nabbed Sylvia in an anaconda choke. It was tight and Timmy tapped quickly. Nogueira went to war with the big man and won, not something many men have done.

Nogueira faces Frank Mir next. I say he wins. He has impressed me and is now one of my favorite fighters. I love this guy.

If he beats Mir I say Dana White finally gets Emelianenko to come to the UFC, fight a few scrubs and then gets an epic fight against Nogueira for the title. I will go even further and say I would not be surprised if he beat Fedor. Nogueira is getting better and better with every fight and wins in the rematches he loses. He has shot down the elite of MMA and is looking better than ever.

In the end I have to vote for Fedor Emelianenko. Yeah, Anderson Silva is the hottest fighter right now but Fedor is just unstoppable.

After what Fedor did to Tim the maniac, I pick fedor. I think no one wants to fight him.

My friends say I'm like fedor. 1ou can't tell by looking at him that he could beat anyone up. He's just sound as hell. Great balance, not afraid to bang, good on the ground, etc.

But there are a lot of tough guys to go thru.

If lesner can learn how not to get caught and learn what to do when he gets ppl on the ground, he could beat anyone. But he's not schooled enough as Mir proved.

I wrestled in college so I root for the restlers, but my ju jitsu friends catch me so I wish I knew that stuff.

I wish I knew that stuff.

Take it, dude. You'll love it. It's completely addicting. I've taken it for a looooooooong time and wouldn't take anything else. It's without a doubt the best style there is.

With your wrestling background you should take to it like a duck in water. Having natural, skilled wrestling is great groundwork for BJJ. I never wrestled in high school but was just a natural wrestler/grappler. It came very easy to me. They'll start you off with a couple submissions from the mount, guard and cross mount.

From the mount they'll probably teach you the key lock and mounted armbar.

From the guard they'll most likely show you the armbar, triangle choke and kimura.

From the side mount they'll teach you the key lock and straight armbar.

They'll also show you many non-submission tecniques such as how to slide your hips out from the guard, sweeps, etc... At times the drills will get repetitive but it's repetition that makes you better.

They key to BJJ is repetition and practicing the move from both sides.

Tell me what city you live in and I can help you find a good school with a reputable instructor. That or ask your friends who take it where they go.

Last edited:
Take it, dude. You'll love it. It's completely addicting. I've taken it for a looooooooong time and wouldn't take anything else. It's without a doubt the best style there is.

With your wrestling background you should take to it like a duck in water. Having natural, skilled wrestling is great groundwork for BJJ. I never wrestled in high school but was just a natural wrestler/grappler. It came very easy to me. They'll start you off with a couple submissions from the mount, guard and cross mount.

From the mount they'll probably teach you the key lock and mounted armbar.

From the guard they'll most likely show you the armbar, triangle choke and kimura.

From the side mount they'll teach you the key lock and straight armbar.

They'll also show you many non-submission tecniques such as how to slide your hips out from the guard, sweeps, etc... At times the drills will get repetitive but it's repetition that makes you better.

They key to BJJ is repetition and practicing the move from both sides.

Tell me what city you live in and I can help you find a good school with a reputable instructor. That or ask your friends who take it where they go.

I know where all the schools are. One of them is a Gracey school, and now they have 2 other great schools in my area competing with them. So it's becoming very popular around here.

I can't go because I get home at 6pm and I have a dog, blabla. I know, excuses. LOL.

You said this about Fedor: Sambo and Judo fighter. He can submit very well.
How is Sambo or Judo submission? Or how are they different than Ju Jit Su? They teach submissions too?

The one move you guys know that amazes me is I'm on top of you and you turn your hips, put your hand between my legs and just toss me off of you like it's no big deal. WTF? Why didn't they teach us that in Wrestling? LOL.

I remember before my buddy learned, he said he could take me so I bear hugged him into tapping. 1 year later, I can tackle him to the ground but from there he is in complete control.

Gotta go to work. We'll talk more.

My buddy is James Lee. He was on a PPV UFC. He was an under card and ended up being aired on tv. We were so excited, until he got embarrassed. He didn't train and he's lazy. The guy he faught wooped him bad. Embarrassing. James Lee Vs Alessio Sakara Fight Video UFC 80

I told all my friends to watch and they made fun of me for a week.

Then he had another fight and:

James Lee Out, Mike Patt In Vs Tim Boetsch At UFC 88

He tore his bicep.

sealybobo said:
You said this about Fedor: Sambo and Judo fighter. He can submit very well.
How is Sambo or Judo submission? Or how are they different than Ju Jit Su? They teach submissions too?

Sambo teaches a lot of submissions and groundwork...more than people realize. Leglocks are big in Sambo. As far as Judo, many will be shocked to hear this and no...I'm not stoned (yet) but the style most similiar to BJJ is Judo. Many people think Judo is all about throws, etc... True, throws are a big part of it but there's much more to it. Judo teaches you a lot of grappling and submissions.

Believe it or not BJJ came from Judo.

Sambo teaches a lot of submissions and groundwork...more than people realize. Leglocks are big in Sambo. As far as Judo, many will be shocked to hear this and no...I'm not stoned (yet) but the style most similiar to BJJ is Judo. Many people think Judo is all about throws, etc... True, throws are a big part of it but there's much more to it. Judo teaches you a lot of grappling and submissions.

Believe it or not BJJ came from Judo.

I can see that. My tai kwon do master in college asked me to come at him, so I charged him like a bull. He reversed my direction and next thing I know I'm on my back, and he did have me tied up and immobilized. By the way, I only took tai kwon do for a semester, as a college class. Not like I claim to know anything.

So right, it's not just throwing someone around. He has to know what to do with me once he gets me on the ground.

Watch my buddy James Lee's fight. It's horrible. He came over to a mutual friends house with his Pride fights. Or whatever league he was in before MMA. The guys he faught were horrible. So I think he is out of his league in MMA. And everyone around here talks so much shit about how good he is. So far, he is not off to a good start.

PS. Do you know who the California Kid is? Urijah Faber is? I think he's one of the pound for pound best of the best. He's an animal with mad skills. He reminds me of the guys who beat me when I wrestled. No matter how strong and fast you are, they are always just a little bit better.

Urijah Faber - The California Kid

I'm hesitant to rant about Urijah Faber. He hasn't fought anyone of class yet (2 exceptions).

The first decent fighter he fought was Tyson Griffin and he got beat down.

I was shocked he beat Pulver recently. Would have been more impressed if he would have finished him instead of going the distance.

You put this kid up against Penn and watch what happens.

Forum List

Back