Best Pizza in your area

Andrew2382

Gold Member
Oct 1, 2008
I travel a lot for work, and I always enjoy finding good pizza places when I go somewhere.

Figured people could suggest what city they are in and nominate the best pizzerias they know of.

New York City (this could be a long one so I'ma limit it to 5)-

#1- L&B Spumoni Gardens nothing comes close
#2- GoodFellas
#3- Johns Pizza in Times Square
#4- Lombardi's
#5- Grimaldi's

Miami-

I only have one place that is even worth mentioning here, all the other places blow goat

Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza

you're from my neighborhood???

DiFara's... Ave J. brookyn, ny

Connies... Nostrand Ave, brooklyn, ny

L&B spumoni gardens, brooklyn, ny

Rays... 6th Ave (from my school days), ny, ny

I lived in Bensonhurst for 2 years if you are referring to L&B

I'm not the best pizza critic but there's a chain here called Old Chicago that makes pizza I really like. I don't know how far away they have stores but there are a couple here.

I travel a lot for work, and I always enjoy finding good pizza places when I go somewhere.

Figured people could suggest what city they are in and nominate the best pizzerias they know of.

New York City (this could be a long one so I'ma limit it to 5)-

#1- L&B Spumoni Gardens nothing comes close
#2- GoodFellas
#3- Johns Pizza in Times Square
#4- Lombardi's
#5- Grimaldi's

Miami-

I only have one place that is even worth mentioning here, all the other places blow goat

Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza

The last really good pizza I had was from a place called Dino's in Miami, and I made it. The guy that owned the place was from NJ. Seems pizza is the one thing Yankees can make better than anyone else.

Pick your favorite chain and that's all we have here in San Antonio. I don't eat pizza much.

Indianapolis:

Jockamo's Pizza

Some Guys Pizza

Bazbeaux Pizza

Puccini's Smiling Teeth Pizza

(All locally owned, it's a tie between all 3!) Forget the chains, always go mom and pop when it comes to pizza!

Well.. considering I live in the boonies.. there is only 1 pizza place in my town.. and it uses a crappy forced air oven... hell, they use the forced air oven to also cook their rib eye steak for subs.. yuck

But if I go to Frederick, MD.. there is a great place there called Il Forno... open brick fire oven... great flavor combinations and fresh ingredients... Best pizza within 40 miles of me

Il Forno Pizzeria

For pizza you need NY, NJ, Philly or Boston.

:eusa_whistle:

You saying us hicks in Indiana don't know for pizza missy? :evil:

I looked... never saw the word hick ever. :lol:

but you sure as heck are missing out on real pizza.

you've never had a real bagel either. s'okay, I love ya anyay. we'll get you to NY one of these days and you can have the real deal. ;)

Only if we go to the Letterman Show after! ;)

I know a thing or 2 about pizza's, worked in pizzerieas from 13-18. One of th emost fun jobs ever.. Worked from little mom and pop shops in the neighborhood to a place that won best pizza in the country 5 years in a row in vegas competition with their Vodka pie.

Best ovens to cook a pizza is always Coal.

If you find a coal oven place, definately try it, then comes brick, followed by gas.

However, whenever I go back to NYC to visit, the first place I hit is Spumoni Gardens, I recommend it to everyone. It's the best square slice you will ever have in your life.

In Miami, hit up Anthony's coal fired pizza, there is no other option down here.

I find it amusing how people down here in South Florida, think papa john's is real pizza

I pity these people

I live in midCoast Maine. The home of whitebread foods.

The closest REAL pizza to me that I know of is in Boston.

There's a place called Kirks right outside of OC in Marmora. Their pizza is probably my 2nd favorite

Forum List

Back