Best party group song

midcan5

liberal / progressive
Jun 4, 2007
America
We are at an age in which graduations / wedding invitations come often. All our children are marrying, poor souls. ;) I am often amazed at songs the younger generation sing to, know the words, and everyone just has a great time shouting, not really singing. So name a few. I have to write some down as they are often great fun. Here are two our clan always sing and dramatize.

form a circle and round and round and in and out, just enjoy it gotta sing loud, long version required

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEGOb6siJdo]YouTube - "American Pie" SingAlong![/ame]

grab your partner and see how well you do playing a part

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0ns8t9iQck]YouTube - Paradise by the dashboard light[/ame]
Meat Loaf - Paradise By The Dashboard Light

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7h6U5fZ1c7Q&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7h6U5fZ1c7Q&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

i know the words to both...american pie...and paradise by the dashboard lights...do i feel smart and pretty....no just old and wondering why i remember that...but not where i left my camera

We are at an age in which graduations / wedding invitations come often. All our children are marrying, poor souls. ;) I am often amazed at songs the younger generation sing to, know the words, and everyone just has a great time shouting, not really singing. So name a few. I have to write some down as they are often great fun. Here are two our clan always sing and dramatize.

form a circle and round and round and in and out, just enjoy it gotta sing loud, long version required

YouTube - "American Pie" SingAlong!

grab your partner and see how well you do playing a part

YouTube - Paradise by the dashboard light
Meat Loaf - Paradise By The Dashboard Light

Shout is still one of the best party songs ever....

my husband is a guitarist/singer, and when he has gigs at parties....

American Pie always provokes the audience to sing, Rocky Mt High, Yesterday, anything from the eagles too...

and this song from The Who....always gets the crowd singing

Squeeze Box Lyrics
Artist(Band):The Who

Mama's got a squeeze box
She wears on her chest
And when Daddy comes home
He never gets no rest

'Cause she's playing all night
And the music's all right
Mama's got a squeeze box
Daddy never sleeps at night

Well the kids don't eat
And the dog can't sleep
There's no escape from the music
In the whole damn street

Mama's got a squeeze box

She goes in and out and in and out and in and out and in and out

Cause' she's playing all night
Mama's got a squeeze box

She goes, squeeze me, come on and squeeze me
Come on and tease me like you do
I'm so in love with you
Mama's got a squeeze box

She goes in and out and in and out and in and out and in and out

Mama's got a squeeze box

Thanks all, good choices.

There is a party song about monkeys, if my mind isn't going, anyone know it.

OH! I just thought of another one or two and not sure if they were mentioned, that really gets the crowd singing at parties or gigs of my husband....

KISS- Rock and Roll all night

Beatles-Birthday Song "Today is your Birthday" nahnahnahnahnahnahnahnah :)

Of course, i am approaching the age of being what i thought of at one time in my life....many moons ago, an old geezerette...:eek: and at some of the parties we have gone to....the crowd actually gets in to singing the theme songs from the Flinstones, Gilligan's Island and the Brady Bunch and the young ones there seem to know the songs as well! :lol:

Or Beach Boy Songs!

Also, when i Lived in Miami, Brickel Avenue Biscayne Bay area and went out clubbing in that area or coconut grove or south beach....

Santiago's OOPS, SANTANA -Oye como va? always got the crowd singing :D
(Santiago was a street in Tampa some relatives lived on! hahahahaha)

Last edited:
When I was a teen, a teen living in Pennsylvania not too awfully far north of Philly, for young male thugs like us, hanging out of street corners drinking beer and singing acappella was standard operating procedure.

Mostly we sang MOTOWN numbers since they were mostly designed for male voices singing in harmony.

Everybody sang in those days, folks.

And having a good voice was as much a social feather in your cap as being able to fight, or knowing where to buy beer illegally, or any of the other sociopathic things that young thugs like us cared about back then.

Good times, those.

No computers, no 400 channel TVs, so young people hit the streets to cruise, to get drunk, to get laid, to fight for the hometown team...you know...American Grafitti only with real sex in the back seats and real blood on the streets, too.

I feel sorry for the kids today.

Seriously, our lives were better in so many ways compared to what kids are facing now.

Of course, back then, people could find decent paying jobs, too.

Americans were far wealthier than they are today, folks.

Far far richer not only in terms of money, but in terms of having a fuctional society, too.

Todays youth are SCREWED

The Rasmus-in the shadowes:cool:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azpErXezD8M]YouTube - The Rasmus-In the Shadows[/ame]

When I was a teen, a teen living in Pennsylvania not too awfully far north of Philly, for young male thugs like us, hanging out of street corners drinking beer and singing acappella was standard operating procedure.

Mostly we sang MOTOWN numbers since they were mostly designed for male voices singing in harmony.

And having a good voice was as much a social feather in your cap as being able to fight, or knowing where to buy beer illegally, or any of the other sociopathic things that young thugs like us cared about back then.

Good times, those.

No computers, no 400 channel TVs, so young people hit the streets to cruise, to get drunk, to get laid, to fight for the hometown team...you know...American Grafitti only with real sex in the back seats and real blood on the streets, too.

Seriously, our lives were better in so many ways compared to what kids are facing now.

Far far richer not only in terms of money, but in terms of having a fuctional society, too.

Todays youth are SCREWED

That depressed me, Editec. Generation Y blows.

Good times, those.

Todays youth are SCREWED

Well... generation Y doesn't blow, but what they're facing certainly might.

The boomers had a LOT more freedom in those days..at least in some ways we did. Our society was not only more affluent, but in many ways it was more forgiving of youthful excesses and the mistakes that youth tends to make, too.

You know, kids reached that age where it was time to head out on their own, and they could do it fairly easily.

On the road adventures were part of our lives because it was easier to go someplace new, and find some kind of work and make some kind of life.

I don't think kids really have that kind of freedom that we had.

It's too damned hard to make it, now, for kids to just hit the road and hope for the best.

There is a direct relationship between a society's overall affluence and the freedom for people to take risks like that.

Generally speaking, the harder the times the more conservative people become about taking risks.

LOL - I lived in that world too. We sang in the playground at night, eyes open for the police and later did the American graffiti scene. 'This old heart of mine' still moves me. But each generation does change and my wife who has taught for over 25?? years says today youth are too self centered and for lack of a better word, dumb. That same feeling comes from many teachers, so maybe this economic crisis is good, for it grounds us in the world in which we are all in together.

Forum List

Back