Best Option: Dignified Failure

P F Tinmore

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
The entire U.S. administration's Middle East A-team--President Obama, Secretary of State Clinton, and Special Envoy Mitchell--is defying the mass majority of political analysts by dismissing the status quo in the Palestinian West Bank and Gaza Strip, and insisting that the latest round of Palestinian-Israeli direct talks has the potential to lead to an agreement which will resolve the conflict. I have a deep fear that they may be correct in predicting an agreement will be signed, but I do not have an iota of confidence that it will end the conflict.

Conventional wisdom on both sides of the Atlantic predicts that the current peace talks will hit a cement wall before the one-year time frame expires. The numerous explanations for the predicted failure are all sensible given the region's track record. International law is blatantly ignored, the logic of might is right trumps justice and the international community continues to turn its back to its own obligations toward the occupied Palestinian people.

Best Option: Dignified Failure by Sam Bahour

Just some advice: Less time posting mindlessly and more time on a career and you might not be such a huge loser in life.

He is a loser of epic proportions.
However the Pali flack he posted is instructive in that the Palis have no incentive to pursue peace, as I've maintained. The current round of talks will end in failure since Abbas cannot make peace with Israel without suffering the fate of either Anwar Sadat or Saddam Hussein.

However the Pali flack he posted is instructive in that the Palis have no incentive to pursue peace, as I've maintained. The current round of talks will end in failure since Abbas cannot make peace with Israel without suffering the fate of either Anwar Sadat or Saddam Hussein.

Israel is one of the most advanced, successful and prosperous countries in the world.
Let the Pallies rot.

Greater Israel's demise SWIFTly approaches.

"SWIFT links 8,740 financial institutions in 209 countries. Without access to SWIFT and its interbank payment network, countries are unable either to pay for imports or to receive payment for exports. In short, no payment -- no trade."

Can you prosper without money?

Losers.

Greater Israel's demise SWIFTly approaches.

"SWIFT links 8,740 financial institutions in 209 countries. Without access to SWIFT and its interbank payment network, countries are unable either to pay for imports or to receive payment for exports. In short, no payment -- no trade."

Can you prosper without money?

Losers.

Warren Buffett knows better than you, loser...
Israel is now a major factor in commerce and in the world, and, is a smaller replica of what has been accomplished in the US and I think Americans admire that. They feel good about a society that is on the move
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaN_2nFqFtI]YouTube - Warren Buffet Supports the U.S.-Israel Relationship[/ame]

The talks will fail, as the always do, because they are based on the false premise that Israel is a legitimate state and the Palestinians must surrender.

Abbas is virtually alone in his willingness to surrender. Eleven other factions in Palestine oppose his willingness to engage in these fake peace talks.

Aims

Encourage and pressure individuals, financial institutions and companies to shed their investments in Israel in order to curb the profits of Israel’s war and apartheid economy.

"To raise awareness about Israel’s policies and true nature among companies, and encourage them to use their economic influence to put pressure on Israel to end the discrimination and expulsion of the Palestinian people and the occupation of their land."

Divestment...

Let the Pallies rot.

Is this the policy towards the thousands of Palestinian children who can't get proper medical aid because of Israeli embargoes on medical supplies and equipment?

Pallies get the best medical care...AT ISRAELI HOSPITALS!

When I was injured I chose to come to Israel because it's well known that the treatment here is better than in Egypt - by a lot - or in Gaza. I had to have a microsurgery to replace a tendon in my foot, and I knew this was the best place to do it. He insisted that his identity be hidden, for fear of repercussions from Hamas.

Every year thousands of Palestinian patients from Gaza and the West Bank are treated in Israeli hospitals across the country. Patients also come from many Arab countries, some of which still don't even recognize Israel.

Rokon Asadi, Medical Rep. for Arab Community...
All politics aside, Israel has a very good reputation in the world for medicine. There are many, many people who want to be treated by Israel. It just doesn’t matter to them that it's Israel. There would be many more patients coming from Persian countries, Arab and neighboring countries, if there wasn’t such difficulty getting their visas
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCqJ948Td2Q]YouTube - Gazans choose Israeli hospitals despite troubles[/ame]

Aims

Encourage and pressure individuals, financial institutions and companies to shed their investments in Israel in order to curb the profits of Israel’s war and apartheid economy.

"To raise awareness about Israel’s policies and true nature among companies, and encourage them to use their economic influence to put pressure on Israel to end the discrimination and expulsion of the Palestinian people and the occupation of their land."

Divestment...

Israel is the only country in the apartheid Arab Muslim Middle East, whose countries discriminate based on religion, gender and sexual orientation, that constitutionally guarantees all citizens freedom, human rights and civil liberties.

Reverend Malcolm Hedding, who fought apartheid in South Africa, further edifies...
Essentially, apartheid was a totalitarian system of governance – not unlike many of the regimes in the Arab world today. A white minority subjugated the overwhelmingly black population. It was ideologically driven and obsessed with racial superiority. The superior whites could not mingle with or even sit on a bench with the inferior black peoples. Even the education system was “dumbed down” for black people because they were deemed mentally inferior.

THERE IS absolutely nothing equivalent to this [apartheid] in the dispute between the Palestinians and Israel today. Within Israel itself, Arabs and Jews share the same shopping malls, benches, hospitals, theaters and, in many cases, suburbs. The educational institutions do not have a deliberately “dumbed down” Arab curriculum and the privilege of voting is given to all. The Knesset has Arab members, and Jews, Arabs and Palestinians often work together at construction sites, businesses, hotels and elsewhere.

Most important of all is the fact that Israel is a democratic state. Not a perfect one, but it does have democratic institutions and is definitely not governed by a totalitarian minority! In the disputed territories, some 98 percent of the Palestinian Arab population now lives under the governance of their own Palestinian Authority, where they have the right to vote and change their leaders – at least theoretically. True, Israel has adopted security measures that curtail their movement, but these have been necessitated by the conflict and are legitimate acts of self-defense, rather than acts of racial discrimination.
Expose ?apartheid? charge's real agenda

Last edited:
Israel is one more big lie the rich tell.

'Probably didn't mention that at Princeton

Right, Princess?

Israel is a project of the world's criminal class.

Warren Buffett knows better than internet chat room flunkies...
Israel is exceptional. I can give you an absolute, unequivocal answer. You can go around the world and it's very impressive to see a country of 7 million create a business like this, I haven't seen anything like this in the US.

When you think about it, if you compare Israel (now) to 1948, it's very, very impressive. It's a remarkable place
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bV3W_86NTYA]YouTube - Warren Buffet in Israel - www.themarker.com[/ame]

Right, Princess?

It is hard to find a shortage of corruption in Israel and the US governments. Maybe it has something to do with arms sales, oil sales, and the sales of illegal commodities (mostly drugs) being the top three money earners on this planet?

Right, Princess?

Bill Gates knows better than Internet losers...
Israel is by many measures the country, relative to its population, that's done the most to contribute to the technology revolution

Warren Buffett knows better than Internet losers...
If you go to the Middle East looking for oil, you don't even stop at Israel. But, if you go looking for brains, for energy and for integrity, Israel is the only stop you make.

CNBC knows better than Internet losers...
If you go to the Middle East looking for oil, you don't even stop at Israel. But, if you go looking for brains, for energy and for integrity, Israel is the only stop you make.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHStBGk_D8Y]YouTube - Israel Innovation[/ame]

Right, Princess?

Warren Buffett knows better than internet chat room flunkies...
Israel is exceptional. I can give you an absolute, unequivocal answer. You can go around the world and it's very impressive to see a country of 7 million create a business like this, I haven't seen anything like this in the US.

When you think about it, if you compare Israel (now) to 1948, it's very, very impressive. It's a remarkable place
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bV3W_86NTYA]YouTube - Warren Buffet in Israel - çãùåú ëìëìä éãéòåú åðúåðé áåøñä îäàøõ åäòåìí - Themarker[/ame]
Look around, stupid.

You're chatting on the internet.

Are you a PAID flunky?

Or have you finally found your niche?

Forum List

Back