Best Old Fogies

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
I like old fogies, fuddy-duddies and I especially like the old Gals..

I loved my firsts wives's Great Grandmother.. Maita.. She was a Saloon Gal during the horse and buggy days.. She was incredibly open and honest.. held nothing back.. was a great storyteller, roll on the floor funny and tastefully nasty...:redface:

The mother in law hit 89 yesterday. Very old school country gal with a backwoods vocabulary.
We dropped her at home after dinner and noticed she had the a/c going and three windows open.

I like old fogies, fuddy-duddies and I especially like the old Gals..

I loved my firsts wives's Great Grandmother.. Maita.. She was a Saloon Gal during the horse and buggy days.. She was incredibly open and honest.. held nothing back.. was a great storyteller, roll on the floor funny and tastefully nasty...:redface:

Can you repeat that for Granny Smith, she left her dentures in a cup and didn't see what you were saying.

Yeah I have always liked to talking to really old timers, too.

They can put a narrative to history that brings it to life.

My great grandfather lived to the ripe old age of 104 and i still have the Winchester he bought new way back in '78....that's 1878 and he could really spin a good one!

My great grandfather lived to the ripe old age of 104 and i still have the Winchester he bought new way back in '78....that's 1878 and he could really spin a good one!

Old folks have great stories and wisdom. I think it's a waste that people don't take their time to discover that reality and many old folks are lonely and far under-appreciated..

Grandma...rest her soul. Big as life in personality. Told good stories of "years ago" had us kids hangin' on every word. She didn't beat around the bush, didn't lie, told it straight up and if you got your feelings hurt, she figured you were meant to, maybe you'd learn somethin' from it.

She was the BESTcook! Had an infectious laugh and had arms that would enfold you in a hug that left no doubt you were loved.

Last edited:
Grandma...rest her soul. Big as life in personality. Told good stories of "years ago" had us kids hangin' on every word. She didn't beat around the bush, didn't lie, told it straight up and if you got your feelings hurt, she figured you were meant to, maybe you'd learn somethin' from it.

She was the BESTcook! Had an infectious laugh and had arms that would enfold you in a hug that left no doubt you were loved.

Yup.. those Grand Ladies.. they are the best..

And dang, you're right.. they sure can & could cook...

Old folks have great stories and wisdom. I think it's a waste that people don't take their time to discover that reality and many old folks are lonely and far under-appreciated..

When I was a child, an older couple babysat for me, entertaining me for hours with tales of their younger days on the vaudeville stage! Now that I'm flirting with my own geezer-dom, I wish I had more exciting adventures to tell.

I am lonely and unappreciated. ;)

When I was a child, an older couple babysat for me, entertaining me for hours with tales of their younger days on the vaudeville stage! Now that I'm flirting with my own geezer-dom, I wish I had more exciting adventures to tell.

I am lonely and unappreciated. ;)

:(... I am willing....yet happily married.... Damn That Guilt Thing..:lol:

Years ago, we purchased a business and I got to know the family a bit. Befriended grandpa who was a WWII vet. He showed me his medals and some recently declassified wing footage from his days of strafing the beaches and inlands of Normandy.

You never know. It never hurts to say "hi".

Yeah when we moved to that town it was a bit of a culture shock. Mostly old folks. Old folks and school kids. The rest of them split. I formed an unofficial "hug of the month club". The old gals got a kick out of that.

Years ago, we purchased a business and I got to know the family a bit. Befriended grandpa who was a WWII vet. He showed me his medals and some recently declassified wing footage from his days of strafing the beaches and inlands of Normandy.

You never know. It never hurts to say "hi".

Yeah when we moved to that town it was a bit of a culture shock. Mostly old folks. Old folks and school kids. The rest of them split. I formed an unofficial "hug of the month club". The old gals got a kick out of that.

Sounds like Florida. The fountain of youth IS here, just hanging out in Gods waiting room makes you feel young even at my age.

Forum List

Back