Best "Notable Quotes" of 2005

I get a sense, not only of Bush hostility, which doesnt belong in the press, but of an ego war, who can come up with the "catchiest" most profound statements. LOOK AT ME!, reporting is no longer about reporting, but about the reporter.

Its disgusting. Its OUR PRESS. ITS OUR AIRWAVES. THE PUBLIC. It belongs to us, we are letting them use it to INFORM US, not make themselves bigger than life ego driven characters.

Brian Williams: "You just told me the story about one photograph from the war that always kind of catches you, the Japanese soldier returning to his city that’s been destroyed. Do you have remorse for what happened? How do you deal with that in your mind?"
Enola Gay navigator "Dutch" Van Kirk: "No, I do not have remorse! I pity the people who were there. I always think of it, Brian, as being, the dropping of the atom bomb was an act of war to end a war."— Exchange as the two stood next to the plane at the Smithsonian’s new National Air and Space annex near Dulles airport, in a segment on the 60th anniversary of the dropping of the first atomic bomb on Hiroshima, Japan, NBC Nightly News, August 5.

Gotta love it. ;)

GunnyL said:
Brian Williams: "You just told me the story about one photograph from the war that always kind of catches you, the Japanese soldier returning to his city that’s been destroyed. Do you have remorse for what happened? How do you deal with that in your mind?"
Enola Gay navigator "Dutch" Van Kirk: "No, I do not have remorse! I pity the people who were there. I always think of it, Brian, as being, the dropping of the atom bomb was an act of war to end a war."— Exchange as the two stood next to the plane at the Smithsonian’s new National Air and Space annex near Dulles airport, in a segment on the 60th anniversary of the dropping of the first atomic bomb on Hiroshima, Japan, NBC Nightly News, August 5.

Gotta love it. ;)

Yea, that good ol country boy common sense vs. the city boy intellectual.

Texan sitting on a tree stump, commenting on homo's, "it just aint right"

GunnyL said:

Gotta love it. ;)

I loved that one too. It's so refreshing to hear a realist put down a "feely-touchy" lib in such a forthright manner. Exposed Williams for what he is: a person who goes through life with blinders on.

Now, let's not forget that are some quotes from the Hollywood Hitler Youth that are just GEMS!!!!!

Frankly, if I made remarks like these in public... I'd leave the country or go home and shoot myself!!!! (To borrow a couple of lines from Streisand et al!)

Rosie O’Donnell: "This President invaded a sovereign nation in defiance of the UN. He is basically a war criminal. Honestly. He should be tried at The Hague. This man lied to the American public about the reasons for invading a nation that had nothing to do with 9/11. And as a Democrat, as a member of this democracy...I feel I have a responsibility to speak out, as does every other person who disagrees with this administration. And it’s scary in a country that you can say something against the President and then worry about your career. That Dan Rather gets taken off CBS News for writing, for saying a report that essentially was true, that George Bush did not show up–"
Geraldo Rivera: "Okay, okay, we get it, we get it!"
O’Donnell: "Okay, there you go. Anyway, it infuriates me."
— Exchange on FNC’s At Large with Geraldo Rivera, April 30. [52]

My son calls her 'Rosie O'Dumbo' and for good reason!!!! - Karl

"The President is a moron! I’m saying it. I don’t care. He’s an idiot. Cheney is evil. I’m sick of, impeach them, get them out! I hate them! I hate them. Get them out. They got to go!...What is it going to take for you people? Get Bush out! Impeach. Out! Out! Out!"
— Actress/comedienne Kathy Griffin on Comedy Central’s Weekends at the DL, September 10. [46]

"Cindy Sheehan is my hero. She is the hero of all Americans who make up the 62 percent of us who oppose this war. As an American exercising her right to free speech, she is a brave, passionate, living example of democracy....No wonder Bush is intimidated. No wonder he can’t even walk down his driveway to speak with her. He is scared shitless. Whether he acknowledges it or not — whether his aides try to insulate him from the truth or not — his hands are covered in the blood of Cindy Sheehan’s son. They are dripping with the blood of all who have died there."
— Actress Christine Lahti in an August 11 Huffington Post blog entry. [44]

"...The leadership of the Republican Party are a bunch of sociopathic maniacs who have their lips super-glued to the ass of the conservative right."
— Actor Alec Baldwin during an appearance on HBO’s Real Time with Bill Maher, April 1. [40]

"Hurricane Katrina is George Bush’s Monica Lewinsky. One difference, and I’ll say this, the only difference is this: That tens of thousands of people weren’t stranded in Monica Lewinsky’s vagina. That is the only difference."
— Comedy Central’s Jon Stewart during his opening remarks on The Daily Show, September 6. [35]
Probably because all those cigars took up too much room - Karl

KarlMarx said:
Now, let's not forget that are some quotes from the Hollywood Hitler Youth that are just GEMS!!!!! [QUOTE/]

Right you are, Karl. What a pitiful lot. Guess that's why they live and work in "la la" land.

My god, its incredible how they all spew the same line. I mean, talk about talking head DNC points

Is there no dissent (other than Lieberman, whom they ostrecized) allowed in the party that claiims dissent is so American???

I got into the second line, then told my son, take a look at this, I havent read it yet, now I will tell you what it says, let me know if Im right. He said, OK.

I went through the usual liberal lying diatribes on PRESIDENT Bush.

WHen I was done, he said, DAD, you already read it. I couldnt convince hiim I hadnt.

Forum List

Back