Best Islamic Destinations

Ignorance?
Nah, Muslim countries are not for me.

Queensland woman tells of her jail hell in United Arab Emirates | News.com.au

Queensland woman tells of her jail hell in United Arab Emirates

A QUEENSLAND woman spent eight months in a United Arab Emirates jail for adultery after complaining to police about being drugged and raped by co-workers.

Gee, Muslims even get persecuted, I'd have no chance;

Sydney mother jailed after 'insulting' Kuwait's Emir [Archive] - AussieMuslims.com - Home of Australian Muslims

A SYDNEY mother is in a Kuwait prison cell after a bizarre incident at the country's international airport.

Nasrah Alshamery, 43, is facing the archaic charge of insulting the nation's ruling Emir after rowing with airport security officers over Saddam Hussein versus John Howard and George W. Bush, The Daily Telegraph reports.

"My mother didn't even name the Emir. She doesn't know who he is," her distraught daughter Wasa Alshamery, 21, said yesterday.

The row occurred when Mrs Alshamery, her husband Solomon, 43, six sons and daughter flew into Kuwait from Syria as part of their return to their homeland, which they left 10 years ago.
At the family's Winston Hills Sydney Australia home, medical science student Ms Alshamery told how an airport security officer was rude to her youngest brother, Mohammed, when the family asked about getting visas.

She said her father told the officer to be polite but he was then hit by the security officer - at which point the two brothers became involved.

They were soon surrounded by 35 police and security officers.

"My mother was screaming at them 'Give me my sons'," said Ms Alshamery, adding the security officers made fun of her mother's Arabic, saying she was speaking with a funny accent and accusing her of being a "slut" because she was Australian, even though she was wearing a hijab that covered everything but her eyes.

I am not blaming the victim here, but there is the old adage and it should be adhered to when traveling and spending time in other countries: When in Rome, do as the Romans do.

In the UAE, nice women don't hang out in bars alone. Though in the West her behavior would be innocuous, in the UAE her being in a bar by herself is what a prostitute would do, and it is an invitation for sex. That’s how it would be seen by men in that culture. It does depend on where you are. If it is a 5 start hotel and you are waiting for someone, it's different. But it was not such a hotel and she wasn't waiting for anyone.

Don't go to another country without knowing and abiding by the cultural values and expect to be treated like you would at home. I read about this case and this was a young woman who jumped at the chance of this job because of the money. She did not take the time and thought to look into what she was getting into, the culture, going there alone etc. If I were her mother, I would never have allowed such a young woman to go alone to Dubai. She isn’t knowledgeable or mature enough to deal with the differences in culture.

Last edited:
When you visit a Muslim country an Arab country in particular its eyes straight ahead and DO NOT SAY ANYTHING, this is not like the US where you can piss on Obamas name all day and nothing will happen, if you insult their leaders or Islam YOU ARE GOING TO JAIL.

Why would you go to another country and want to insult their leader, their religion or their culture? This is something I don't get. You are a guest in their country. Behave like guest, not like a higher being from a 'better' country and culture and think it is completely reasonable and acceptable to go around criticizing everything you see.

Look at how many people piss all over their own President, just on this board alone, why would it be any different overseas? I know what you are saying but some people just can't help themselves, freedom of speech is a western sensibility, you cannot do that in Islamic countries.

Ignorance?
Nah, Muslim countries are not for me.

Queensland woman tells of her jail hell in United Arab Emirates | News.com.au

A QUEENSLAND woman spent eight months in a United Arab Emirates jail for adultery after complaining to police about being drugged and raped by co-workers.

Gee, Muslims even get persecuted, I'd have no chance;

Sydney mother jailed after 'insulting' Kuwait's Emir [Archive] - AussieMuslims.com - Home of Australian Muslims

A SYDNEY mother is in a Kuwait prison cell after a bizarre incident at the country's international airport.

Nasrah Alshamery, 43, is facing the archaic charge of insulting the nation's ruling Emir after rowing with airport security officers over Saddam Hussein versus John Howard and George W. Bush, The Daily Telegraph reports.

"My mother didn't even name the Emir. She doesn't know who he is," her distraught daughter Wasa Alshamery, 21, said yesterday.

The row occurred when Mrs Alshamery, her husband Solomon, 43, six sons and daughter flew into Kuwait from Syria as part of their return to their homeland, which they left 10 years ago.
At the family's Winston Hills Sydney Australia home, medical science student Ms Alshamery told how an airport security officer was rude to her youngest brother, Mohammed, when the family asked about getting visas.

She said her father told the officer to be polite but he was then hit by the security officer - at which point the two brothers became involved.

They were soon surrounded by 35 police and security officers.

"My mother was screaming at them 'Give me my sons'," said Ms Alshamery, adding the security officers made fun of her mother's Arabic, saying she was speaking with a funny accent and accusing her of being a "slut" because she was Australian, even though she was wearing a hijab that covered everything but her eyes.

I am not blaming the victim here, but there is the old adage and it should be adhered to when traveling and spending time in other countries: When in Rome, do as the Romans do.

In the UAE, nice women don't hang out in bars alone. Though in the West her behavior would be innocuous, in the UAE her being in a bar by herself is what a prostitute would do, and it is an invitation for sex. That’s how it would be seen by men in that culture. It does depend on where you are. If it is a 5 start hotel and you are waiting for someone, it's different. But it was not such a hotel and she wasn't waiting for anyone.

Don't go to another country without knowing and abiding by the cultural values and expect to be treated like you would at home. I read about this case and this was a young woman who jumped at the chance of this job because of the money. She did not take the time and thought to look into what she was getting into, the culture, going there alone etc. If I were her mother, I would never have allowed such a young woman to go alone to Dubai. She isn’t knowledgeable or mature enough to deal with the differences in culture.

She was an adult, age 29 in the article...her mother could not have stopped her.

She was drugged and raped by her co-workers.

Alicia Gali, 29, yesterday detailed her harrowing ordeal after filing a Queensland lawsuit against the five-star international resort where the attack allegedly took place in 2008.

Warning other women against going to the UAE, Ms Gali said she endured eight months in a crowded prison room with up to 30 other women after she complained to authorities of being raped.

Ms Gali, a salon manager at the resort, said she had been in the staff bar, where she was told she could legally drink, when another employee put ice in her drink.
When she was discharged from hospital she was asked to go to a police station to make a statement and then speak in front of a judge.

"I realised when I was put in a police car that I was being taken to jail."

Ms Gali said she was never warned by her UAE employers that she could be charged with adultery and face prison if she complained of being raped, without having four adult male Muslim witnesses.

"I didn't even know what the charges were until five months into my sentence," Ms Gali said.

#####

Charming!

Yes, welcome ladies, and gentlemen.....to the Muslim Arab world of Dubai/UAE.

Wise words indeed
Stay right away.

Last edited:
All the places or countries is good and have abilities to attract the tourist toward us natural beauty and many more things but if you discuss Islamic destination then Saudi Arabia is on of the best place for the Muslim..

All the places or countries is good and have abilities to attract the tourist toward us natural beauty and many more things but if you discuss Islamic destination then Saudi Arabia is on of the best place for the Muslim..

Saudi Arabia is a shit hole for the most part.

Forum List

Back