Best Gunship

Best Attack Helicopter

• Agusta A129 Mangusta (Italy)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AH-64 Apache (United States)

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Kamov Ka-52 Alligator (Russia)

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • AgustaWestland AW159 Wildcat (United Kingdom)

• Eurocopter Tigre (European)

• CAIC WZ-10 (China)

• Bell AH-1Z Viper (United States)

• Mil Mi-28 (Russia)

• AgustaWestland T129 (Italy/Turkey)

• Denel Rooivak (South Africa)

• Total voters
The Zulu is a variant of the Viper. I didn't include every variant of the same model.

The Cobra doesn't deserve to be on the list (along with the shitpache) since the Viper is considered to be an upgrade .

And why doesn't the Viper and the Apache belong on that list? And why was the Hind left off? Those 3 are the worlds Attack Chopper work horses.

And why doesn't the Viper and the Apache belong on that list? And why was the Hind left off? Those 3 are the worlds Attack Chopper work horses.

The Viper and Apache are on the list. The Viper should definitely be on this list. The Apache is the oldest and objectively worse if we are being honest, but I knew uneducated Americans would bitch at me for leaving it off.

I probably should of put up the Mi-35. There was no reason to put up the Mi-24 due to the Mi-28 having better performance in almost every category.

The Viper and Apache are on the list. The Viper should definitely be on this list. The Apache is the oldest and objectively worse if we are being honest, but I knew uneducated Americans would bitch at me for leaving it off.

I probably should of put up the Mi-35. There was no reason to put up the Mi-24 due to the Mi-28 having better performance in almost every category.

If you nit a lot, the first flight of the Viper(Cobra) is in the 60s. The first flight of the 64 is in the 80s. With the upgrades to the Apache, it's still a world class attack chopper. Most of the Western World agrees it's worth the money because they keep buying it. I prefer the Viper due to time to train, frontal visual, and cost of operations. And I happen to be one of those "Uneducated Americans" you so fondly refer to. You should be so lucky.

As for the MI-24, there are still a boatload of them out there. It's easy to maintain, cheap to buy and more. And you had better take it out with your first shot or you are dead. It can sustain a direct hit from a 23mm and more. It's the AK-47 of the Attack Choppers. That means, so is the MI-35. But to say that the 24 should not get a mention is just plain wrong. If a MI-28 were to go head to head with a MI-24, the MI-28 gets one free shot. Just one. If he doesn't take out the 24 then he's dead.

The MI-28 has too short a range and can't carry the load the MI-24 can. Having a 10 minute loiter time translates to seconds of actual combat.

Forum List

Back