Best Grocery Market In The U.S.?

I'm a big fan of Kroger's, which in Arizona would be Fry's Supermarkets, and occasionally Smith's. They have excellent prices, send me wonderful coupons in the mail for things I actually purchase on a regular basis rather than simply what they'd like me to purchase, and they are aggressive about reducing prices and moving day-old perishables, which makes for some really good prices on Manager's Special.

What's the best?

Whichever one carries the bear claws I know are still made, but can't find for love or money anywhere around here. :) Something like Svenson's brand or something like that. Has a cinnamon kinda paste inside, usual glazed outside. SO good. The place down the road had em for a while then stopped. :( Haven't seen them since. Probably just as well though hehe.

Here's the exact brand, Svenhard's as it turns out. :)

Svenhard s Breakfast Claw 8 s Franz Bakery

Svenhards-8-breakfast-claws.jpeg

...Probably shouldn't have looked for em online. Now that I know I could order them...:)

anywhere but here....my one complaint about Maine is the near non existent selection of fruits and veggies in the winter.... (but you can buy live Maine lobster at the grocers here).(so I guess that makes up it?)

Groceries are throughput for ass-fucking farmers. The Renewable Fuels Standard (RFS) raises food prices and kills the middle class. Mail box money enables Agriculture to continue it's ass-raping of our earth's environment.

Costco. Seriously, I treat it as a grocery rather than a warehouse.

Wegman's is good. Publix is good but expensive. Whole Foods has great quality but they don't call it Whole Paycheck for nothing. Fresh Market is good, especially for fresh candy by the oz. and high-end ready to cook/eat.

Meijers up north is pretty good, Publix down in Florida ain't bad, but H.E.B. in Texas is far and away the best I've been to, and I've been everywhere, man, with my high and canvas covered load.

Publix is very good but the edge goes to..........

Wegman's.

I don't have either near me. Nearest local is a NC chain called Harris Teeter. It's decent but I didn't go in it for a long time thinking it was a speaker store. And I have way too many speakers.

"oh- Teeter, not tweeter..."

Forum List

Back