Best GOP canidate for 2012

Best GOP canidate 2012

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It obviously was not our Republican national leaders from 2001. Obama is far less dangerous than those folks who betrayed us. Remake the party, then take the government back from the dems.

The dems always looked at the national debt growth as a measure of success/failure of GOP admins, yet when Obama spends the US into bankruptcy it gets ignored. Similarly, the dems other economy-killing policies, "energy prices necessarily need to skyrocket" for one, is taking the US economy into the toilet. We need cheap energy to compete globally. Then add in UHC and C+T and some of their other schemes, and we have a "jobless recovery", which translates to a global depression.

Obama simply doesn't know what to do to fix the economy. He's trying to do too many things and he's messing everything up.

IMHO Romney has the skill sets to put the US on the "right track".

The voting public will not give the palinistas, the neo-cons, the international corporatists by themselves another shot. However . . . if the above-named figure out how to bring back the social values conservatives again that deserted them in 2008, then they may have a chance. If they do come back, there will be no future elections. They will not hazard losing their power again. They will destroy the Republic first before suffering that again.

That's the fear.

I voted for Gingrich.

I don't know if he's truly the best candidate, but he'd be the most entertaining and he'd probably be a decent President.

Yeah, I like Newt too--& lets face it--he has a very good track record of getting ridiculous government spending under control--with the "Contract with America" campaign.

I also "liked" Mitt Romney over McCain--but with the health care bill in his state that has basically collapsed--I think he will be a good target for democrats.

I think Sarah Palin is fantastic--but not quite ready for President--& like we have seen she is continally attacked by the left for no reason. Let's face it though--if there is anyone who knows energy it's Sarah Palin & I think she would make an excellent energy secretary in a new administration.

So--I think our best shot is with Newt Gingrich--just because he could rip this adiministration to shreds with his knowledge & conservative view points.

Last edited:
The sheeple were fooled by the "hope and change" mantra the first time. He was shiny and new, like a new toy!!

They won't fall for his bullshit again.

The Intrade prediction markets are currently priced at a 61% probability that Obama will be re-elected, and 37% for a Republican.

Against who? An unnamed republican? Obama has his 26% base, the rest of his votes came from the moderate center. If the economy is not rock-n-rollin' come 2011 - he will lose the moderates.

He has already lost the moderates....they were duped by Obama's bullshit, cons and the more layers that are peeled off the onion the more their eyes are watering.

The voting public will not give the palinistas, the neo-cons, the international corporatists by themselves another shot. However . . . if the above-named figure out how to bring back the social values conservatives again that deserted them in 2008, then they may have a chance. If they do come back, there will be no future elections. They will not hazard losing their power again. They will destroy the Republic first before suffering that again.

That's the fear.

Your fears are unjustified. States run elections, not the Feds. Groups like ACORN will destroy the election process via voter fraud, turning the US into Obama's version of Iran.

I remember the hatred of segregation in Little Rock. I remember the left's hatred of Nixon and Reagan. I remember the right's hatred of Clinton. But, never before, have I felt the depth, the vitriol, of the hatred that the reactionaries have for Obama and the constitutional process of majoritarian rule with minority protections. Some would kill, I believe, if they thought it was necesssary, to return to power.

Just as some of the New Left went crazy in the 1960s and 1970s, some of the New Right since 1994 have gone insane.

What part of "Obama failed" and its someone else's turn don't you understand? You whine about the "boogy-men" neo-cons, but fail to see the massive FAILS of the Obama-maggots. Please re-visit the above failure list and tell us who you think has the right "vision" for the US. Its obviously not the dems.

Your problem, my friend, is that your "Obama failed" mantra....no matter how many times you chant it are not supported. The economy, which was on the verge of collapse...is recovering. Healthcare will pass. Iraq and Afghanistan will be stabilized by 2012. Obama is still personally liked by most of the public

Your challenge in 2012 is to convince Americans that those accomplishments equal fail....Good luck to you

Your problem, my friend, is that your "Obama failed" mantra....no matter how many times you chant it are not supported. The economy, which was on the verge of collapse...is recovering. Healthcare will pass. Iraq and Afghanistan will be stabilized by 2012. Obama is still personally liked by most of the public

Your challenge in 2012 is to convince Americans that those accomplishments equal fail....Good luck to you

1. Define "recovering". Even Bernanke said it will be a "jobless recovery". The economy is living on borrowed time and Chinese money. I'm not seeing any Obama policies that will create US jobs, and I see policies that will kill US jobs. (high energy costs, UHC, C+T, etc)

2. Healthcare passing will not create jobs, you are drinking the cool-aid. Its like adding 20m or so to Medicare is "free" by cutting all waste fraud & abuse.

3. Iraq and AFG are not a campaign issue, bringing the terrorists to NYC for a show-trial is more of an issue.

4. I personally like Obama, but I hate most of his policies. The only ones I like are regulating Wall Street.

1. Define "recovering". Even Bernanke said it will be a "jobless recovery". The economy is living on borrowed time and Chinese money. I'm not seeing any Obama policies that will create US jobs, and I see policies that will kill US jobs. (high energy costs, UHC, C+T, etc)

2. Healthcare passing will not create jobs, you are drinking the cool-aid. Its like adding 20m or so to Medicare is "free" by cutting all waste fraud & abuse.

3. Iraq and AFG are not a campaign issue, bringing the terrorists to NYC for a show-trial is more of an issue.

4. I personally like Obama, but I hate most of his policies. The only ones I like are regulating Wall Street.

As USATODAY defines recovery. Note the graph before and after President Obama'a election. Those praying for the economy to fail must be sadly disapointed

Index forecasts slower growth in early 2010 - USATODAY.com

The public likes Obama, fears my current GOP. Rightfully so. However, we are changing it, one city, one county, one state at a time. The bad crowd that supported Bush-- the DeLays, the neocons etc -- are being cast aside like garbage. No more Cheneys, Rumsfelds, Gonzalezes, Boltons, Rices, etc., or those who are like them. Until the reactionaries are gone, the GOP will not win.

The public likes Obama, fears my current GOP. Rightfully so. However, we are changing it, one city, one county, one state at a time. The bad crowd that supported Bush-- the DeLays, the neocons etc -- are being cast aside like garbage. No more Cheneys, Rumsfelds, Gonzalezes, Boltons, Rices, etc., or those who are like them. Until the reactionaries are gone, the GOP will not win.

They are not giving up without a fight. As long as Limbaugh, Beck and Hannity fawn over ever word uttered by Palin and Cheney they will ensure the party continues its pattern of.....FAIL

The Party will eventually straightened itself out, or it will be replaced by a Party that elimiantes the Cheneys and Palins. When it does, the Dems will be defeated again. That's how American politics work.

The Party will eventually straightened itself out, or it will be replaced by a Party that elimiantes the Cheneys and Palins. When it does, the Dems will be defeated again. That's how American politics work.

I agree. The GOP will eventually work its way back. But given its current tactics and philosophies...it is going to take a long time

This is so true. Where oh where has the GOP gone?

The money and power corrupted it, and that is what is happening to your own Dem party.

What i think is that: NO ONE HAS ANNOUNCED THEY ARE RUNNING YET.

Therefore, ,the best GOP candidate is currently non-existant since they are zero, nada, zilch GOP candidates for 2012.

What happened to 'none of the above'???

Forum List

Back