best glenn beck clip I have seen in a long time

:ack-1: GLENN BECK :ack-1: :eek: GLENN BECK :ack-1: :eek: GLENN BECK :ack-1: :eek: GLENN BECK :ack-1: :eek:

(hey, some one had to do it)

Weren't there Che flags hanging in some of Obama's offices during the election? You betcha.

Little Green Footballs - Che Guevara Flags in Obama's Houston Office

This from a review of the film 'Che...'

"Something else you won’t see in Che: how Guevara treated the enemy, ordering executions of surrendered Batista soldiers shortly before the rebel victory in the Battle of Santa Clara. When he is finally captured, we see him claim to a Bolivian soldier that Christianity flourishes unimpeded in Cuba. That’s what you call a lie, as countless accounts of the persecution of priests and the faithful from Cuba indicate. Again, Soderbergh makes no effort to correct the record.

The film also offers up some of Guevara’s more anodyne thinking about violence, including his musing that victory depended on the “greater or lesser desire of the troops to fight and confront danger,” but we don’t hear any of his more blood-curdling thoughts. In his “Message to the Tricontinental,” for example—a 1967 rallying cry addressed to the Cuba-sponsored Organization of Solidarity with the People of Asia, Africa, and Latin America—he wrote of “hatred as an element of struggle; unbending hatred for the enemy, which pushes a human being beyond his natural limitations, making him into an effective, violent, selective, and cold-blooded killing machine.”
The New Che, Same as the Old by Anthony Paletta, City Journal 27 February 2009

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
:ack-1: GLENN BECK :ack-1: :eek: GLENN BECK :ack-1: :eek: GLENN BECK :ack-1: :eek: GLENN BECK :ack-1: :eek:

(hey, some one had to do it)

Weren't there Che flags hanging in some of Obama's offices during the election? You betcha.

Little Green Footballs - Che Guevara Flags in Obama's Houston Office

This from a review of the film 'Che...'

"Something else you won’t see in Che: how Guevara treated the enemy, ordering executions of surrendered Batista soldiers shortly before the rebel victory in the Battle of Santa Clara. When he is finally captured, we see him claim to a Bolivian soldier that Christianity flourishes unimpeded in Cuba. That’s what you call a lie, as countless accounts of the persecution of priests and the faithful from Cuba indicate. Again, Soderbergh makes no effort to correct the record.

The film also offers up some of Guevara’s more anodyne thinking about violence, including his musing that victory depended on the “greater or lesser desire of the troops to fight and confront danger,” but we don’t hear any of his more blood-curdling thoughts. In his “Message to the Tricontinental,” for example—a 1967 rallying cry addressed to the Cuba-sponsored Organization of Solidarity with the People of Asia, Africa, and Latin America—he wrote of “hatred as an element of struggle; unbending hatred for the enemy, which pushes a human being beyond his natural limitations, making him into an effective, violent, selective, and cold-blooded killing machine.”

I kind of liked Goldberg's analysis of the the fascination the left has for folks like Che...

"Just as Herbert Croly could make allowances for Mussolini, and other Progressives the same for Stalin, the 1960’s generation of liberals had a soft spot for men like Castro, Che, Arafat, as long as they moved beyond bourgeois morality and democracy in the name of social justice. Once again, the left shows an obsession with the fascist values of authenticity and will."
Goldberg, “Liberal Fascism,” p. 324

And now we see Chavez fan Oliver Stone stating that Hitler's position in history has been slanted by the Jewish dominated media - and that Hitler deserves to be put "in context".

Alas, the moder era Democrat in America is but a ruse for far-left fascism...

Here's the irony. Beck is basing this clip on our ignorance of history and forgetting the way things were. Yet, HE is the first one to compare anything and everything to the Nazi regime. Now until the administration kills 6 million people I think he's the one who is forgetting history.

Here's the irony. Beck is basing this clip on our ignorance of history and forgetting the way things were. Yet, HE is the first one to compare anything and everything to the Nazi regime. Now until the administration kills 6 million people I think he's the one who is forgetting history.

non-sequitur?

Holy crap, that was entertaining. Thanks for posting it. The only real "value" in this video was the history lesson of the communist party. The rest, was COMPLETE fear mongering. The best part was his review of the communist declaration where he would state the objective and then make a face or a comment that didn't in anyway prove communists are taking over our country.

So in typical Beck fashion, great entertainment but little substance.

non-sequitur?

Sure, he doesn't talk about Nazis in this video but my point is he should be the last one to tell us about accurately remembering history.

Last edited:
he wrote of “hatred as an element of struggle; unbending hatred for the enemy, which pushes a human being beyond his natural limitations, making him into an effective, violent, selective, and cold-blooded killing machine.”

That's certainly one school of thought that countless generals have embraced throughout history. I tend to agree with a competing school, which I understand the US military adheres to in its training, which teaches people to be calm and methodological, but not to feel hatred, as hatred can prevent good reasoning.

Of course, all soldiers must dehumanize the enemy to some extent, to view them as something unlike the man next to them, something which they can kill without remorse. Failure to achieve this disconnect causes severe problems coping afterward.

How Did Communism Become Cool?

It was only cool among the hippies, and hippies were only cool to other hippies

That's not my experience. Most of the biggest hippies I knew, now consider themselves libertarians. They went from one extreme to the other!!!

:eusa_eh:

Dude, they're not at opposite ends of anything. A libertarian and a hippie differ mostly in that the libertarian knows what a shower is and has a job or a ranch whereas the hippie lives with a bunch of other hippes and sleeps in national parks. The underlying ideology of total freedom is pretty much the same.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu

Forum List

Back