Best Gifts for The Lady

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
The idea of going out shopping without the gifts plan, sounds like no fun for Lumpy..

No requests this year...

Gals... can't you help me and the other Guys out here...

What do you want?

The idea of going out shopping without the gifts plan, sounds like no fun for Lumpy..

No requests this year...

Gals... can't you help me and the other Guys out here...

What do you want?

You work, take care of the kids/pets, clean, make dinner, clean up afterwards, do the laundry, etc while she spends a luxurious weekend at a 5 star beauty spa.
Barring that, a long hot bath with a good book after a fine meal of Big Macs and fries by candlelight, whichever your budget can afford.

Last edited:
Buy her a Kindle.

Ah.. what is that?

It's an electronic book, well sorta. You can buy and download "books" and read them on the screen. It's about normal book size and unless your wife is one of those "latest and greatest" computerized gizmo fans I wouldn't bother.

That's kinda funny...
My wife and I were just taking about, "that computer book thingy" that my son-in-law has.
My Wife says she only wants the real thing... ah.. the book that is...

(the rest so far also):lol:

Last edited:
My mom is 84 with wretched rheumatoid arthritis that has malformed (misformed?) her hands and feet. She's lost so much strength (not to mention weight/body fat) from it that she can only read paperbacks because holding a book is hard for her. My brother wants to get her a Kindle for Christmas -- which I think is a terrific idea. He mentioned to my dad who balked and balked saying what the hell do you need that for when you have a book? This from a man who has always loved 'gadgets'. Now? He won't even use the 'guide' button on the damn Comcast remote. Gaaa, the denseness never ceases to amaze me at times.

Lumpy, your wife would like a dog. Trust me on this. A nice dog, not too big and not too small. A dogsized dog. Yep.

A little kiss,
a little hug,
a little cuddln'
and a little lov'n.

Thats the best gift you can give to a gal.

:2up::2up::2up:

It's an electronic book, well sorta. You can buy and download "books" and read them on the screen. It's about normal book size and unless your wife is one of those "latest and greatest" computerized gizmo fans I wouldn't bother.
Do you own one?

No, and I have no intention of ever owning one. You have a problem with people who don't like what you like? :eusa_eh:
No, but I tend to not talk out my ass about things I don't know about.

My mom is 84 with wretched rheumatoid arthritis that has malformed (misformed?) her hands and feet. She's lost so much strength (not to mention weight/body fat) from it that she can only read paperbacks because holding a book is hard for her. My brother wants to get her a Kindle for Christmas -- which I think is a terrific idea. He mentioned to my dad who balked and balked saying what the hell do you need that for when you have a book? This from a man who has always loved 'gadgets'. Now? He won't even use the 'guide' button on the damn Comcast remote. Gaaa, the denseness never ceases to amaze me at times.

Lumpy, your wife would like a dog. Trust me on this. A nice dog, not too big and not too small. A dogsized dog. Yep.

It is a terrific idea. It's super light, readable in any condition, you can change font size which is great for someone her age, the books can be bought and downloaded right from the Kindle either by USB cable or Wi-Fi, the books are cheaper, and you can download other things like The New York Times. Plus, Amazon has a daily list of free books for download, with some of them recently off the bestseller list. Also, you can download free books from the Gutenberg Project. And you no longer have to store all your books. I know people who have their bible on it, and bring it to church with them.

It's a great device for anyone who reads a lot.

Forum List

Back