Best FlatScreen TV for < $1500?

dmp

May 12, 2004
Enterprise, Alabama
Thoughts? I was thinking of getting a Sharp 32"

I confess I don't know much about LCD TVs - The idea is to get something I can mount high on a wall - about 6-7' up, to be viewed from about 10 feet away, whilst laying in bed. $1500 is about as much as i'd want to spend - I'd like the best of the best, but don't want to have to negotiate for the TV should I find myself trying to keep as much of 'my' stuff as possible in the coming months.

dmp said:
Thoughts? I was thinking of getting a Sharp 32"

I confess I don't know much about LCD TVs - The idea is to get something I can mount high on a wall - about 6-7' up, to be viewed from about 10 feet away, whilst laying in bed. $1500 is about as much as i'd want to spend - I'd like the best of the best, but don't want to have to negotiate for the TV should I find myself trying to keep as much of 'my' stuff as possible in the coming months.

my phillips from costco was a good deal at 1500

manu1959 said:
i smell a good story

No story - I simply don't trust their subjective measurments. They can measure specific technical data using insturments - fine. But what they call 'good' and what I call 'good' often differ. Ask CR what a 'good car' is? or what 'good audio' sounds like?

;)

They'd likely answer 'Chevy Cobalt and Bose'

dmp said:
No story - I simply don't trust their subjective measurments. They can measure specific technical data using insturments - fine. But what they call 'good' and what I call 'good' often differ. Ask CR what a 'good car' is? or what 'good audio' sounds like?

;)

They'd likely answer 'Chevy Cobalt and Bose'

exactlly...i went and had a few beers then went and bought the tv that looked the best

Forum List

Back