Best fake commerical ever!

hero_roadster_jet-black.jpg

0 to 60 in 3.7
245 miles/charge
The Electric Tesla Roadster | Tesla Motors

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTKexaylnt4]YouTube - ‪Tesla Roadster Wins Four Car Drag Race‬‏[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-i6lmf977hg&feature=related]YouTube - ‪The electric car's faster than Porsche and Ferrari‬‏[/ame]

Keeping with the automotive theme did Volvo not run a monster truck over one of their cars only to have it come out looking ok in an attempt to make their cars seem tough

Only thing was they filled that car of theirs with bricks or something similar?

Early 80... now where is a clip...

Do you know what king of mileage it gets if you actually drive it like you would a car?

We never said that the Tesla’s true range is only 55 miles, as opposed to their own claim of 211, or that it had actually ran out of charge. In the film our actual words were: “We calculated that on our track it would run out after 55 miles”. The first point here is that the track is where we do our tests of sports cars and supercars, as has happened ever since Top Gear existed. This is where cars are driven fast and hard, and since Tesla calls its roadster “The Supercar. Redefined.” it seemed pretty logical to us that the right test was a track test. The second point is that the figure of 55 miles came not from our heads, but from Tesla’s boffins in California. They looked at the data from that car and calculated that, driven hard on our track, it would have a range of 55 miles.

Transmission – BBC Top Gear Tesla vs Top Gear: Andy Wilman on our current legal action «

Not so impressive if you want a car and not a really expensive toy to prove to idiots that you care about the environment and are really rich.

Rather like test track in disney world.

A VERY long wait for nothing.

Do you know what king of mileage it gets if you actually drive it like you would a car?

We never said that the Tesla’s true range is only 55 miles, as opposed to their own claim of 211, or that it had actually ran out of charge. In the film our actual words were: “We calculated that on our track it would run out after 55 miles”. The first point here is that the track is where we do our tests of sports cars and supercars, as has happened ever since Top Gear existed. This is where cars are driven fast and hard, and since Tesla calls its roadster “The Supercar. Redefined.” it seemed pretty logical to us that the right test was a track test. The second point is that the figure of 55 miles came not from our heads, but from Tesla’s boffins in California. They looked at the data from that car and calculated that, driven hard on our track, it would have a range of 55 miles.

Transmission – BBC Top Gear Tesla vs Top Gear: Andy Wilman on our current legal action «

Not so impressive if you want a car and not a really expensive toy to prove to idiots that you care about the environment and are really rich.

British Top Gear rocks. The Tesla scored the same on their track as a 911 GT. Right under the Lotus it was lifted from. Faster on the straights, slower in the turns with all them batteries.

It was funny when dude ran out of charge. And the other Tesla was broken also.

If it runs 55 miles like they were dogging it then the darn thing will do my 56 mile round trip to and from work no problem! Hell, probably three days of it. I'm not that polite with my MarkVIII but even on good traffic days there are only one or two chances to wind her up. Probably only hit 4k rpms a couple times a week.

Thanks for reminding me to check out more Top Gear on Youtube!

British Top Gear rocks. The Tesla scored the same on their track as a 911 GT. Right under the Lotus it was lifted from. Faster on the straights, slower in the turns with all them batteries.

It was funny when dude ran out of charge. And the other Tesla was broken also.

If it runs 55 miles like they were dogging it then the darn thing will do my 56 mile round trip to and from work no problem! Hell, probably three days of it. I'm not that polite with my MarkVIII but even on good traffic days there are only one or two chances to wind her up. Probably only hit 4k rpms a couple times a week.

Thanks for reminding me to check out more Top Gear on Youtube!

Don't get me wrong, I think the Tesla is a great car, but it obviously needs a lot of work if it wants to compete in LeMans, which is my standard for performance. Going fast is great, but if I can only do 60 miles of hard driving before I recharge a car it is negates the whole thing.

LeMans and the European city tracks are where it is at. NASCAR is ok...ish. Even with the wrenches I turn my attention span needs right turns also lol. Them Pike's Peak type runs are wild also.

Darn Tesla needs their cars to be at least Ferrari type reliable if they want to charge me so much.

Worst thing I have ever done to cars....used to cruise my 77 F body either around 270 or up and down US67, mostly forty miles of city driving there with one or two races. Oh! Have a 20 mile curcy stretch of hwy94 I still hit with the MarkVIII sometimes. That one is neat....

Here is a trip the Tesla would worry me on. Rented a Hemi Daytona a few back and drove it from Vegas to Badwater CA. Death Valley park in the summer at a mere 112 is a test to a car. God that place is hot.....Red Rock by Vegas was scenic as could be. Never hit the corners that hard there, Tesla could have done that.... Vegas to Phoenix maybe not. Lots of 90+ on that route. Phoenix is HOT as well and has one hell of a botanical garden. Had to build a dome not because of rain but so folks could live through watching a baseball game.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back