Best fake commerical ever!

Discussion in 'Humor' started by Quantum Windbag, May 21, 2011.

1. Quantum Windbag

Quantum Windbag Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,221
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meEIIjt6R2o&]YouTube - ‪Hybrid Power‬‏[/ame]

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. JBeukema

JBeukema BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,705
  3. JBeukema

JBeukema BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,705
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTKexaylnt4]YouTube - ‪Tesla Roadster Wins Four Car Drag Race‬‏[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-i6lmf977hg&feature=related]YouTube - ‪The electric car's faster than Porsche and Ferrari‬‏[/ame]

4. Trajan

Trajan conscientia mille testes

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,756
  5. Toronado3800

Toronado3800 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +355
    Keeping with the automotive theme did Volvo not run a monster truck over one of their cars only to have it come out looking ok in an attempt to make their cars seem tough

Only thing was they filled that car of theirs with bricks or something similar?

Early 80... now where is a clip...

6. Quantum Windbag

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,221
    Do you know what king of mileage it gets if you actually drive it like you would a car?

Transmission – BBC Top Gear Tesla vs Top Gear: Andy Wilman on our current legal action «

Not so impressive if you want a car and not a really expensive toy to prove to idiots that you care about the environment and are really rich.

7. syrenn

syrenn BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,403
    Rather like test track in disney world.

A VERY long wait for nothing.

8. Toronado3800

Toronado3800 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +355
    British Top Gear rocks. The Tesla scored the same on their track as a 911 GT. Right under the Lotus it was lifted from. Faster on the straights, slower in the turns with all them batteries.

It was funny when dude ran out of charge. And the other Tesla was broken also.

If it runs 55 miles like they were dogging it then the darn thing will do my 56 mile round trip to and from work no problem! Hell, probably three days of it. I'm not that polite with my MarkVIII but even on good traffic days there are only one or two chances to wind her up. Probably only hit 4k rpms a couple times a week.

Thanks for reminding me to check out more Top Gear on Youtube!

9. Quantum Windbag

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,221
    Don't get me wrong, I think the Tesla is a great car, but it obviously needs a lot of work if it wants to compete in LeMans, which is my standard for performance. Going fast is great, but if I can only do 60 miles of hard driving before I recharge a car it is negates the whole thing.

10. Toronado3800

Toronado3800 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +355
    LeMans and the European city tracks are where it is at. NASCAR is ok...ish. Even with the wrenches I turn my attention span needs right turns also lol. Them Pike's Peak type runs are wild also.

Darn Tesla needs their cars to be at least Ferrari type reliable if they want to charge me so much.

Worst thing I have ever done to cars....used to cruise my 77 F body either around 270 or up and down US67, mostly forty miles of city driving there with one or two races. Oh! Have a 20 mile curcy stretch of hwy94 I still hit with the MarkVIII sometimes. That one is neat....

Here is a trip the Tesla would worry me on. Rented a Hemi Daytona a few back and drove it from Vegas to Badwater CA. Death Valley park in the summer at a mere 112 is a test to a car. God that place is hot.....Red Rock by Vegas was scenic as could be. Never hit the corners that hard there, Tesla could have done that.... Vegas to Phoenix maybe not. Lots of 90+ on that route. Phoenix is HOT as well and has one hell of a botanical garden. Had to build a dome not because of rain but so folks could live through watching a baseball game.

Last edited: May 22, 2011