Best Economic Stimulus

What do you think?

• Drill as much as we can here and now.

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • Keep sending out money to the Mid-East.

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Do nothing and learn Arabic.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ban cars and jets except for people like Al Gorey.

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters

akiak

Jun 19, 2008
Bush's handout and the no federal tax on gas gift this summer will do nothing to stimulated the economy. It's Politics as usual. What to increase jobs, decrease gas prices and stimulate our countries economy then start drilling as fast and as we can. Keep drilling, production and distribution jobs here instead paying the Arabs to drill and sell us oil. They are laughing all the way to the bank. I wouldn't be surprised if the environmental lobbyist aren't in the back pockets of the Mid-East oil barrons. Just follow the money.
Vote 08 Here.

Last edited:
Here's an idea, how about instead of appeasing the oil execs and GM, how about we completely break our dependence of oil from the middle east and become a self sustaining nation? How about electric cars. Or cars that produce water vapor? Why drill when we have the technology to do better that that? "I want to put a man on the moon in ten years!" I want to break free from oil in ten years!:eusa_whistle:

give companies small and large a reason to expand their business......

what would motivate a business man to spend money to take risk to expand their business....

Here's an idea, how about instead of appeasing the oil execs and GM, how about we completely break our dependence of oil from the middle east and become a self sustaining nation? How about electric cars. Or cars that produce water vapor? Why drill when we have the technology to do better that that? "I want to put a man on the moon in ten years!" I want to break free from oil in ten years!:eusa_whistle:

Ah yes, but in the next 20 years or so we should get use to paying over 5 dollars a gallon....I see..

Ah yes, but in the next 20 years or so we should get use to paying over 5 dollars a gallon....I see..

If we didn't treat the Dollar the way we do, we wouldn't be paying anywhere near $5 a gallon.

Where else do you expect oil to go when the dollar is dropping? A strong Dollar means cheaper oil. But it also means more expensive credit.

What would you rather have, cheap credit or cheap oil?

If we didn't treat the Dollar the way we do, we wouldn't be paying anywhere near $5 a gallon.

Where else do you expect oil to go when the dollar is dropping? A strong Dollar means cheaper oil. But it also means more expensive credit.

What would you rather have, cheap credit or cheap oil?

I realize that, but we can't completely abandon solutions for the price of oil until we have alternatives in place.

Bush's handout and the no federal tax on gas gift this summer will do nothing to stimulated the economy. It's Politics as usual. What to increase jobs, decrease gas prices and stimulate our countries economy then start drilling as fast and as we can. Keep drilling, production and distribution jobs here instead paying the Arabs to drill and sell us oil. They are laughing all the way to the bank. I wouldn't be surprised if the environmental lobbyist aren't in the back pockets of the Mid-East oil barrons. Just follow the money.
Vote 08 Here.

breaking news, if we have to rely on drilling to save a few dimes on a gallon in 7 years, then our economy is well past fucked by then.

breaking news, if we have to rely on drilling to save a few dimes on a gallon in 7 years, then our economy is well past fucked by then.

For one, it wouldn't take 7 years to bring oil online, that's a liberal myth. BTW just the serious promise of drilling would bring oil prices down, somewhat.

The best economic times come when everyone shares in the great wealth of this nation. That happened after FDR and continued to the social darwinism of Reagan began the destruction of the middle class.

"The middle class is a new invention of liberal democracies, the direct result of governments defining the rules of the game of business. It is, quite simply, an artifact of government regulation of markets and tax laws." Thom Hartmann

Democracy - Not "The Free Market" - Will Save America's Middle Class

A vote for John McCain is a vote against the fundamental principle of America, the right of the individual to lead their life privately without the government interfering.

The best economic times come when everyone shares in the great wealth of this nation. That happened after FDR and continued to the social darwinism of Reagan began the destruction of the middle class.

Yup!

And these notwits bought onto it, too.

Just ask 'em.

They STILL think that the Republicans are the party of fiscal conservatism and patriotism despite thirty years of evidence to the contracy.

Or ask the rank file Ds, and those notwits will tell you that the Ds are looking out for the little guys.

Once myths like those take hold it of the public mindset, it takes catastrophe to wake people from their dreams

Last edited:

"The middle class is a new invention of liberal democracies, the direct result of governments defining the rules of the game of business. It is, quite simply, an artifact of government regulation of markets and tax laws." Thom Hartmann

Democracy - Not "The Free Market" - Will Save America's Middle Class

A vote for John McCain is a vote against the fundamental principle of America, the right of the individual to lead their life privately without the government interfering.

where did the middle class go.....did they all become poor or did they all become rich......

Yup!

And these notwits bought onto it, too.

Just ask 'em.

They STILL think that the Republicans are the party of fiscal conservatism and patriotism despite thirty years of evidence to the contracy.

Or ask the rank file Ds, and those notwits will tell you that the Ds are looking out for the little guys.

Once myths like those take hold it of the public mindset, it takes catastrophe to wake people from their dreams

Ah, yes the party of Medicaid, Medicare and Social Security. Those entitlement programs are what is breaking this country's economic back.

The Medicare ‘Entitlement’

A quarter of health spending in the United States, about $420 billion this year, is by the Medicare program established by the government in 1965 to ensure people 65 years old and older have access to health care. Medicare is an entitlement covering 44 million older Americans (or 14 percent of all Americans) and pays hospitals, doctors, suppliers, drug plans, and a variety of other providers. Medicare is financed by a mix of premium payments by beneficiaries, payments directly from federal revenues, and a payroll tax on workers and employers.
The yearly increases for Medicare have been skyrocketing for many years, averaging 8 percent every year from 2000 to 2005, well ahead of the pace of overall economic growth.
According to the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office (CBO), by 2017, Medicare spending is projected to more than double to $853 billion. As a share of the total economy, Medicare expenditures currently stand at 3 percent, growing to 6.5 percent by 2030. As a comparison, we will spend 4 percent of the economy this year on national defense.

The 2007 Social Security and Medicare Trustees report, issued the past April, underscores the perilous condition of Medicare’s finances. “Social Security and Medicare both present daunting fiscal challenges,” the Trustees say, adding “their fiscal problems are driven by inexorable demographic change and, in the case of Medicare, relentless increases in health care costs, and are not likely to be greatly ameliorated by economic growth or mere tinkering with program financing.”
As the senior Republican on the House Budget Committee, Congressman Ryan crafted an alternative budget for Fiscal Year 2008 that balances by 2012, addresses the runaway growth of entitlement spending, demands accountability in other government spending, and helps maintain a strong economy. Unfortunately the Ryan plan was ignored by the majority in Congress in favor of a budget that does nothing to acknowledge the increasingly dire condition of Medicare’s finances.

Ah, yes the party of Medicaid, Medicare and Social Security. Those entitlement programs are what is breaking this country's economic back.

The Medicare ‘Entitlement’

A quarter of health spending in the United States, about $420 billion this year, is by the Medicare program established by the government in 1965 to ensure people 65 years old and older have access to health care. Medicare is an entitlement covering 44 million older Americans (or 14 percent of all Americans) and pays hospitals, doctors, suppliers, drug plans, and a variety of other providers. Medicare is financed by a mix of premium payments by beneficiaries, payments directly from federal revenues, and a payroll tax on workers and employers.
The yearly increases for Medicare have been skyrocketing for many years, averaging 8 percent every year from 2000 to 2005, well ahead of the pace of overall economic growth.
According to the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office (CBO), by 2017, Medicare spending is projected to more than double to $853 billion. As a share of the total economy, Medicare expenditures currently stand at 3 percent, growing to 6.5 percent by 2030. As a comparison, we will spend 4 percent of the economy this year on national defense.

The 2007 Social Security and Medicare Trustees report, issued the past April, underscores the perilous condition of Medicare’s finances. “Social Security and Medicare both present daunting fiscal challenges,” the Trustees say, adding “their fiscal problems are driven by inexorable demographic change and, in the case of Medicare, relentless increases in health care costs, and are not likely to be greatly ameliorated by economic growth or mere tinkering with program financing.”
As the senior Republican on the House Budget Committee, Congressman Ryan crafted an alternative budget for Fiscal Year 2008 that balances by 2012, addresses the runaway growth of entitlement spending, demands accountability in other government spending, and helps maintain a strong economy. Unfortunately the Ryan plan was ignored by the majority in Congress in favor of a budget that does nothing to acknowledge the increasingly dire condition of Medicare’s finances.

So a quarter of all our healthcare dollars go toward covering 14% of the population, wow! This is typical liberalism, mandate massive spending on a select few, while the masses go bankrupt.

For one, it wouldn't take 7 years to bring oil online, that's a liberal myth. BTW just the serious promise of drilling would bring oil prices down, somewhat.

Liberal myth? I rather doubt that.

According to what I've been lead to believe, bringing known but untapped resources online takes anywhere between 4 and 12 years depending on circumstances at the drilling site.

These are the timelines I heard recently on Bloomberg Report (I think) in a program where they were discussing drilling FLA and the continental shelf.

This from Wikipedia about NORTH SEA oil, for example

North Sea oil was discovered in the early 1960s,<SUP class=reference id=cite_ref-0>[1]</SUP> with the first well coming on line in 1971<SUP class="noprint Template-Fact">[citation needed]</SUP> and being piped ashore from 1975,

Liberal myth? I rather doubt that.

According to what I've been lead to believe, bringing known but untapped resources online takes anywhere between 4 and 12 years depending on circumstances at the drilling site.

These are the timelines I heard recently on Bloomberg Report (I think) in a program where they were discussing drilling FLA and the continental shelf.

This from Wikipedia about NORTH SEA oil, for example

I wonder if the industry has made any technological advances since the 60's? It all depends on the infastructure, we could be producing oil in a lot of offshore drilling in as little time as 1 to 2 years.

I wonder if the industry has made any technological advances since the 60's? It all depends on the infastructure, we could be producing oil in a lot of offshore drilling in as little time as 1 to 2 years.

Of course the technology has advanced greatly since then. So has the already existing infrastructure especially those needed for off shore Dilling, I Imagine we have some rigs sitting around that were used on sites that have been tapped out just waiting to be moved to new sites. So using information from the 1960's to say it will take 4 to 12 years seems a bit silly to me. Not sure if you are right about 1 to 2 years, but It seems you certainly could be. Clearly the many Liberals, are in bed with environmentalist Extremist, So it is not beyond to pale to imagine they would lie about how long it would take to do. Clearly some if not many of them Do not want us to drill ever, no matter how long it will take, or how much we will benefit from it. It does not fit into their all encompassing desire to save the planet from the evils of fossil fuels.

Forum List

Back