Best concerts ever

I just read that Argent was the opening act in 75 so I must have attended the 76 show. Like it makes a fucking difference

yea i saw E.L.P. at the Anaheim Convention Center around 73.....they had a real good 4 Channel System set up....dam good show by some dam good players....
From the Ed Sullivan show up to the California Jam, we were so spoiled musically, that this was considered an average band at the time.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lxyRjzXvxo]I Don't Need No Doctor (live) - Humble Pie - YouTube[/ame]

not for me.....i dug the Pie.....Marriott was great.....

as long as it is the Bon Scott era.....after he died i just could not get behind those guys anymore....i tried.....to me it was just too different....
Although I think "Shoot the Thrill" is the greatest rock song ever made, you do have a point with Bon.

There's just something about him that Brian doesn't have...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g23GiivXC78]AC/DC - Big Balls - YouTube[/ame]
he was their voice.....Brian just sounds,to me, like some guy screaming to try and sound similar to him.....for me it just wasnt there anymore.....

Pink Floyd "The Wall" 1980
Rush 1982
The who 1979
Pink Floyd " Animals" 1978
Pink Floyd " Divison Bell" New Orleans 1994

Last edited:
Led Zeppelin MSG 1977. Sat in nose bleed seats, passing left and right. Vaguely remember Since Ive Been Loving you and I think the encore was the Whole Lotta Love/ Elvis/ John Lee Hooker Medley. My ears were ringing well into the next afternoon.
I know exactly what you're saying there. The 2nd time I saw Zep, my ears were still numb the next day.

That was the loudest concert I've ever been to.

Sorry, Blue Cheer fans!

loudest for me was West,Bruce & Laing.......until i saw Motorhead.....mother fuck....you could feel the Bass hammering your body.....

Led Zeppelin MSG 1977. Sat in nose bleed seats, passing left and right. Vaguely remember Since Ive Been Loving you and I think the encore was the Whole Lotta Love/ Elvis/ John Lee Hooker Medley. My ears were ringing well into the next afternoon.
I know exactly what you're saying there. The 2nd time I saw Zep, my ears were still numb the next day.

That was the loudest concert I've ever been to.

Sorry, Blue Cheer fans!

Loudest concert for me, Emerson, Lake and Palmer. Held in a relatively small gymnasium, I sat near the back wall and got the sound coming at me and the echo. Wasn't sure I'd be quite right for several days afterward.

Alabama at the Oakland Colleseum around 1983.

Closest I have ever come to being arrested.

Immie

Don't remember what show it was, but the damndest thing I ever saw was in the IU basketball arena before a concert. Someone threw a frisbee from the furthest seat in the nosebleed section. It sailed probably 200 yards all the way down to the back of the stage and landed square into a trash can.

The crowd went ape shit.

Don't remember what show it was, but the damndest thing I ever saw was in the IU basketball arena before a concert. Someone threw a frisbee from the furthest seat in the nosebleed section. It sailed probably 200 yards all the way down to the back of the stage and landed square into a trash can.

The crowd went ape shit.

my arm hurt for a week after that

The crowd went ape shit.

my arm hurt for a week after that

Happens when you beat off too much. :D

• Thanks
Reactions: del

Forum List

Back