Best concerts ever

Pink Floyd Metrodome, Minneapolis, 1994 is second only to Pink Floyd's "The Wall Tour", Los Angles Memorial Sports Arena, 1980. I also them in 1985 at The Forum, Oakland Coliseum in 1994. The first time I saw them was in Anaheim in 1977.
I think I like Pink Floyd. :D:clap2:

I am a floydaphile too, last time I counted i saw them 18 times, I am sure I missed a few as I was to wrecked to remember.

Pulse was a good concert, I think MLR is a very good album too, but, it ain't Floyd bro ;)

Pink Floyd Metrodome, Minneapolis, 1994 is second only to Pink Floyd's "The Wall Tour", Los Angles Memorial Sports Arena, 1980. I also them in 1985 at The Forum, Oakland Coliseum in 1994. The first time I saw them was in Anaheim in 1977.

We saw Roger Water's "The Wall" at Fenway Park this past summer. Amazing concert.

I saw that last December, at HP pavilion, gotta say though, thats really meant be and is best as an indoor concert, glad u got to go though. ;)

Yeah?

We had a perfect night for the concert albeit a bit humid.

I had no idea how good it would be. I did take some cellphone video but it does not do it justice.

We saw Roger Water's "The Wall" at Fenway Park this past summer. Amazing concert.

I saw that last December, at HP pavilion, gotta say though, thats really meant be and is best as an indoor concert, glad u got to go though. ;)

Yeah?

I had no idea how good it would be. I did take some cellphone video but it does not do it justice.

shot I got of roger singing Mother, following himself via a clip form their 79 Earls Court concert, really poignant and he did a beautiful job too, for moment, I closed my eyes and I was back...:redface:

Attachments

• $roger follows roger.jpg
    $roger follows roger.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 54
I'll have to peruse my ticket stubs for a memory jog. For now I'll go with my first Yes show in '72.

For absolute purity of sound quality would be Greatful Dead in late 70's or early 80's. I wept.

Yeah?

shot I got of roger singing Mother, following himself via a clip form their 79 Earls Court concert, really poignant and he did a beautiful job too, for moment, I closed my eyes and I was back...:redface:

Nice.^^

A couple of my shots.

My first concert was Deep Purple Burn tour at the Long Beach Auditorium in 1974. Since then, I've seen the Stones, the who, black sabbath, Led Zeppellin, Eagles, Pink Floyd, Jethro Tull, Nirvana, Bob Dylan and ahem, Olivia Newton John (hey, I was trying to get laid).

But without a doubt, the best concert I ever saw, was Bruce Springsteen River tour in 1980 at the LA Sports Arena. My neighbor saw him on a Thursday and during our poker party on Friday, he goes, "you gotta see this guy, he plays every concert like its his last". I thought, bullshit, nobody does that! So we got tickets for the following Tuesday and went down to check it out.

He starts off and your thinking, the musics okay, I don't see what the big deal is and then it's like you just got hit by Mike Tyson. And the rest of the show you're going "Fuck!"

Bruce Springsteen - Prove It All Night - Largo live 1978 (Blu-ray) - YouTube
well i hope you were successful.....
Not that night. It finally sunk in what my rock n roll buddy's were always telling me, "You're not going to get laid trying to be their friend, you'll better your odds if you treat'em like shit!" "If you try to be their friend, they'll think you're a pussy!" "They want a guy, who acts like a guy!"

So I stopped calling her, put some distance between us, started hitting on her friends and bang, it worked! I have no idea why that works, but it does.

Back to concerts...

I've seen a lot of bands in my time, but the one band I've wanted to see above all others, I have not seen. These guys are the greatest band in the history of music. And I really can't see anyone else being this good!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kD8sxIjVuc]AC/DC Shoot to Thrill (with Iron Man 2 footage!) - YouTube[/ame]

I'll have to peruse my ticket stubs for a memory jog. For now I'll go with my first Yes show in '72.

For absolute purity of sound quality would be Greatful Dead in late 70's or early 80's. I wept.
I saw the Dead every new years at Pauly Pavillion. The one good thing about a Dead concert, it lasted a good 4 hours and you never had to bring weed. You just breathed in the air and you were high.

I saw Yes twice. They were good. So was Emerson, Lake and Palmer.

This is another band that could really "bring it!"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5rM16Q7Rgg&feature=related]TEN YEARS AFTER - GOOD MORNING LITTLE SCHOOL GIRL(LIVE 1983) - YouTube[/ame]

Unfortunately for me, I got busted for coke in the bathroom halfway through the concert. I didn't realize cops hung out in there in hawaiian shirts.

Don't know about the best, but I loved them in concert. When they did this one, he thanked Janis Joplin for making him famous.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEyIvj1tryE]Me & Bobby Mcgee - YouTube[/ame]

Kris Kristofferson & Rita Coolidge- Me & Bobby McGee

I am a floydaphile too, last time I counted i saw them 18 times, I am sure I missed a few as I was to wrecked to remember.

Pulse was a good concert, I think MLR is a very good album too, but, it ain't Floyd bro ;)

saw them at the L.A.Sports Arena in 73...Dark Side Tour.....4 Channel PA System....played the whole Album....nice.....

My first concert was Deep Purple Burn tour at the Long Beach Auditorium in 1974. Since then, I've seen the Stones, the who, black sabbath, Led Zeppellin, Eagles, Pink Floyd, Jethro Tull, Nirvana, Bob Dylan and ahem, Olivia Newton John (hey, I was trying to get laid).

But without a doubt, the best concert I ever saw, was Bruce Springsteen River tour in 1980 at the LA Sports Arena. My neighbor saw him on a Thursday and during our poker party on Friday, he goes, "you gotta see this guy, he plays every concert like its his last". I thought, bullshit, nobody does that! So we got tickets for the following Tuesday and went down to check it out.

He starts off and your thinking, the musics okay, I don't see what the big deal is and then it's like you just got hit by Mike Tyson. And the rest of the show you're going "Fuck!"

Bruce Springsteen - Prove It All Night - Largo live 1978 (Blu-ray) - YouTube
well i hope you were successful.....
Not that night. It finally sunk in what my rock n roll buddy's were always telling me, "You're not going to get laid trying to be their friend, you'll better your odds if you treat'em like shit!" "If you try to be their friend, they'll think you're a pussy!" "They want a guy, who acts like a guy!"

So I stopped calling her, put some distance between us, started hitting on her friends and bang, it worked! I have no idea why that works, but it does.

Back to concerts...

I've seen a lot of bands in my time, but the one band I've wanted to see above all others, I have not seen. These guys are the greatest band in the history of music. And I really can't see anyone else being this good!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kD8sxIjVuc]AC/DC Shoot to Thrill (with Iron Man 2 footage!) - YouTube[/ame]
as long as it is the Bon Scott era.....after he died i just could not get behind those guys anymore....i tried.....to me it was just too different....

I saw the Dead every new years at Pauly Pavillion. The one good thing about a Dead concert, it lasted a good 4 hours and you never had to bring weed. You just breathed in the air and you were high.

I saw Yes twice. They were good. So was Emerson, Lake and Palmer.

yea i saw E.L.P. at the Anaheim Convention Center around 73.....they had a real good 4 Channel System set up....dam good show by some dam good players....

yea i saw E.L.P. at the Anaheim Convention Center around 73.....they had a real good 4 Channel System set up....dam good show by some dam good players....
From the Ed Sullivan show up to the California Jam, we were so spoiled musically, that this was considered an average band at the time.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lxyRjzXvxo]I Don't Need No Doctor (live) - Humble Pie - YouTube[/ame]

as long as it is the Bon Scott era.....after he died i just could not get behind those guys anymore....i tried.....to me it was just too different....
Although I think "Shoot the Thrill" is the greatest rock song ever made, you do have a point with Bon.

There's just something about him that Brian doesn't have...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g23GiivXC78]AC/DC - Big Balls - YouTube[/ame]

Led Zeppelin MSG 1977. Sat in nose bleed seats, passing left and right. Vaguely remember Since Ive Been Loving you and I think the encore was the Whole Lotta Love/ Elvis/ John Lee Hooker Medley. My ears were ringing well into the next afternoon. I didn't fully appreciate the "Going to California" acoustic set at the time. Saw them in 73 and 75 as well.

Best Ever that people still talk about to this day was Blackmore's Rainbow at the Beacon Theater 1975. Booed the opening act offstage and into retirement, I think they opened with "Kill the King" Dio was Dio and Cozy Powell was awesome (RIP) Some lunatic climbed one of the statues off to the side of the stage and was trying to get Dio's attention. (er, that's what I remember)

Led Zeppelin MSG 1977. Sat in nose bleed seats, passing left and right. Vaguely remember Since Ive Been Loving you and I think the encore was the Whole Lotta Love/ Elvis/ John Lee Hooker Medley. My ears were ringing well into the next afternoon.
I know exactly what you're saying there. The 2nd time I saw Zep, my ears were still numb the next day.

That was the loudest concert I've ever been to.

Sorry, Blue Cheer fans!

Led Zeppelin MSG 1977. Sat in nose bleed seats, passing left and right. Vaguely remember Since Ive Been Loving you and I think the encore was the Whole Lotta Love/ Elvis/ John Lee Hooker Medley. My ears were ringing well into the next afternoon.
I know exactly what you're saying there. The 2nd time I saw Zep, my ears were still numb the next day.

That was the loudest concert I've ever been to.

Sorry, Blue Cheer fans!

I learned, only recently, that most musicians and their smarter fans wore ear plugs. I have hearing loss that I blame on Jimmy Page, Ritchie Blackmore and Rat Race Choir.

Christopher Guest, Michael McKean, Harry Shearer: Unwigged and Unplugged (singing Spinal Tap and Folksman songs as themselves) Musically great and amazingly funny.

Pink Floyd, 1994, Mile High Stadium.

Forum List

Back