Best concerts ever

tinydancer

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2010
Piney
Now the game is only what you have been to.

I've been to some wild ones.

Toss up for me. Let's start with this.

Humble Pie opens for Black Sabbath now are you ready....:lol::lol::lol: Now we are good to go...

then comes Three Dog Night. They were the headliners.

Three Dog Night was the first concert I ever went to! Long Beach Arena, 1972. I was 8. I remember my Dad complaining about the cost of the tickets: $3.50! :lol:

Best concert ever? Eagles, Hell Freezes Over Tour, Yokohama Marine Stadium.

Three Dog Night was the first concert I ever went to! Long Beach Arena, 1972. I was 8. I remember my Dad complaining about the cost of the tickets: $3.50! :lol:

Oh too funny ever. I've seen some lineups that I could never believe. I was with Dennis from Alice Cooper (unabashed groupie) and this one will kill you.

Alice Cooper opening for War(Eric Burdon for those that don't know) opening for Ike and Tina Turner.

I was having a lot of fun there, but I think they could be in my top ten. My number one has to be King Crimson at Massey Hall only tied with Zappa with Jean Luc Ponty.

I give. I don't know who I love the best.

I hate to participate in these but i always do. It's hard to label the multitude of concerts I've been to in a best of order. Here are the top 5 in no particular order:

J.Giels Band opened for Humble Pie, no one wanted Humble Pie after that. J.Geils ROCKED the place.

The Peachtree Festival, Rockingham North Carolina, 1972. 10 bands including Alice Cooper, Three Dog Night, Black Sabbath, Black Oak Arkansas, and Rod Stewart and the Faces.

One of the Rock Superbowls, at the Tangerine Bowl in Orlando, The Who, Alice Cooper, The Eagles, and two pretty good local bands.

The Rolling Stones (First) Final Tour stop in Orlando

Green Day at the Amway Center in Orlando.

Last edited:
My most favorite performance was seeing my most favorite singer James Otto for the second time last year on January 31st. :) :) :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8t3lX8wX_wg]James[/ame]

God bless you and him always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

Last edited:
Pink Floyd Metrodome, Minneapolis, 1994 is second only to Pink Floyd's "The Wall Tour", Los Angles Memorial Sports Arena, 1980. I also them in 1985 at The Forum, Oakland Coliseum in 1994. The first time I saw them was in Anaheim in 1977.
I think I like Pink Floyd. :D:clap2:

Last edited:
greatest musical artist I ever saw live was at a 3-day rock festival back in August 1969...

and, no... it wasn’t Woodstock...

it was called the New Orleans International Pop Festival... a coupla weeks after Woodstock...

among the various acts, there was Jefferson Airplane (pretty good, but seemed like they mebbe wanted to be somewhere’s else), Chicago (good, but a band with a horn section seemed sorta outta place at the time), Lee Michaels (pretty good), Canned Heat (loved their stage presence), T. Rex (a sorta forgettable novelty... but this was before Mark Bolin made us stand up and take notice with Electric Warrior), Country Joe & the Fish (another forgettable novelty... I spent most of their set waiting in line to use the port-a-potty), Iron Butterfly (a waste of time), Pot Liquor (a pretty good underrated band that nobody’s ever heard of), Youngbloods (okay), Byrds (I missed their set ‘cause I’d dozed off... simply ‘cause I was exhausted), Cat Mother & the All Night Newsboys (okay), and Grateful Dead (most boring band I ever saw... wake me up when they’re done)...

anyhow... the one who really electrified the crowd... who brought us all to our feet... who practically singed my eyebrows off (I was fortunate enough to have gotten a spot at the edge of the stage no more’n 30 feet away from where she stood)... was this lady:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1T-p7IFselU]Janis Joplin - Cry Baby (live in toronto 1970) - YouTube[/ame]

choice between second and third place is kinda tough...

call it a tie between these guys:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbA_TZn35LA]Its a beautiful day white bird - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNslkIdyprw]Santana - Soul Sacrifice (Woodstock 1969) - YouTube[/ame]

I hate to participate in these but i always do. It's hard to label the multitude of concerts I've been to in a best of order. Here are the top 5 in no particular order:

J.Giels Band opened for Humble Pie, no one wanted Humble Pie after that. J.Geils ROCKED the place.

The Peachtree Festival, Rockingham North Carolina, 1972. 10 bands including Alice Cooper, Three Dog Night, Black Sabbath, Black Oak Arkansas, and Rod Stewart and the Faces.

One of the Rock Superbowls, at the Tangerine Bowl in Orlando, The Who, Alice Cooper, The Eagles, and two pretty good local bands.

The Rolling Stones (First) Final Tour stop in Orlando

Green Day at the Amway Center in Orlando.
J. Geils Band was the first concert I went to, where nobody sat down through the whole concert.

greatest musical artist I ever saw live was at a 3-day rock festival back in August 1969...

and, no... it wasn’t Woodstock...

it was called the New Orleans International Pop Festival... a coupla weeks after Woodstock...

among the various acts, there was Jefferson Airplane (pretty good, but seemed like they mebbe wanted to be somewhere’s else), Chicago (good, but a band with a horn section seemed sorta outta place at the time), Lee Michaels (pretty good), Canned Heat (loved their stage presence), T. Rex (a sorta forgettable novelty... but this was before Mark Bolin made us stand up and take notice with Electric Warrior), Country Joe & the Fish (another forgettable novelty... I spent most of their set waiting in line to use the port-a-potty), Iron Butterfly (a waste of time), Pot Liquor (a pretty good underrated band that nobody’s ever heard of), Youngbloods (okay), Byrds (I missed their set ‘cause I’d dozed off... simply ‘cause I was exhausted), Cat Mother & the All Night Newsboys (okay), and Grateful Dead (most boring band I ever saw... wake me up when they’re done)...

anyhow... the one who really electrified the crowd... who brought us all to our feet... who practically singed my eyebrows off (I was fortunate enough to have gotten a spot at the edge of the stage no more’n 30 feet away from where she stood)... was this lady:

Janis Joplin - Cry Baby (live in toronto 1970) - YouTube

choice between second and third place is kinda tough...

call it a tie between these guys:

Its a beautiful day white bird - YouTube

Santana - Soul Sacrifice (Woodstock 1969) - YouTube
I had a buddy, who was at the Monterey Pop Festival in '67. He said everyone started to leave after The Who did their set. They didn't think anyone could follow that. Then Hendrix came on and people were climbing the walls to get back in, with this WTF look on their faces.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVDRbIYKzLQ]ROCK ME BABY - JIMI HENDRIX LIVE AT MONTEREY POP FESTIVAL (1967) - YouTube[/ame]

My first concert was Deep Purple Burn tour at the Long Beach Auditorium in 1974. Since then, I've seen the Stones, the who, black sabbath, Led Zeppellin, Eagles, Pink Floyd, Jethro Tull, Nirvana, Bob Dylan and ahem, Olivia Newton John (hey, I was trying to get laid).

But without a doubt, the best concert I ever saw, was Bruce Springsteen River tour in 1980 at the LA Sports Arena. My neighbor saw him on a Thursday and during our poker party on Friday, he goes, "you gotta see this guy, he plays every concert like its his last". I thought, bullshit, nobody does that! So we got tickets for the following Tuesday and went down to check it out.

He starts off and your thinking, the musics okay, I don't see what the big deal is and then it's like you just got hit by Mike Tyson. And the rest of the show you're going "Fuck!"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Xab-th4ltU&feature=related]Bruce Springsteen - Prove It All Night - Largo live 1978 (Blu-ray) - YouTube[/ame]

Pink Floyd Metrodome, Minneapolis, 1994 is second only to Pink Floyd's "The Wall Tour", Los Angles Memorial Sports Arena, 1980. I also them in 1985 at The Forum, Oakland Coliseum in 1994. The first time I saw them was in Anaheim in 1977.

We saw Roger Water's "The Wall" at Fenway Park this past summer. Amazing concert.

We saw Roger Water's "The Wall" at Fenway Park this past summer. Amazing concert.

I saw that last December, at HP pavilion, gotta say though, thats really meant be and is best as an indoor concert, glad u got to go though. ;)

My first concert was Deep Purple Burn tour at the Long Beach Auditorium in 1974. Since then, I've seen the Stones, the who, black sabbath, Led Zeppellin, Eagles, Pink Floyd, Jethro Tull, Nirvana, Bob Dylan and ahem, Olivia Newton John (hey, I was trying to get laid).

But without a doubt, the best concert I ever saw, was Bruce Springsteen River tour in 1980 at the LA Sports Arena. My neighbor saw him on a Thursday and during our poker party on Friday, he goes, "you gotta see this guy, he plays every concert like its his last". I thought, bullshit, nobody does that! So we got tickets for the following Tuesday and went down to check it out.

He starts off and your thinking, the musics okay, I don't see what the big deal is and then it's like you just got hit by Mike Tyson. And the rest of the show you're going "Fuck!"

Bruce Springsteen - Prove It All Night - Largo live 1978 (Blu-ray) - YouTube
well i hope you were successful.....

Forum List

Back