Best Closing Episodes (finales) of TV series

It's ironic that the MASH series lasted about three times longer than the war it was based on. We all know that MASH was really about the new left wing anti-Military and anti-patriotic and cool disregard for authority during the Vietnam era rather than a series based on Korea. The whole 4077 MASH unit would have rightfully been in jail for a hundred violations of the UCMJ in every episode not to mention the cruel harassment of female personnel which hardly anyone objected to at the time.

Of course MASH the movie and MASH the tv series were both about Nam.

What I liked about the MASH TV seies -flawed as it was - was that it was clear-cut and gave closeure - and rewarded the viewers -without being a total cop -out (they dindt make it seem like VJ Day in Times Square.

There was a sense of failure.............

Lets see thae last of the Rush TV shows and Becks I expect as well.

gee thx we really needed politics here...:clap2:

Lets see thae last of the Rush TV shows and Becks I expect as well.

Rush was shanghaid off TV by the Clinton admin.

They didnt like his hilarious on-air caricatures of Bubba.

:clap2:

It's ironic that the MASH series lasted about three times longer than the war it was based on. We all know that MASH was really about the new left wing anti-Military and anti-patriotic and cool disregard for authority during the Vietnam era rather than a series based on Korea. The whole 4077 MASH unit would have rightfully been in jail for a hundred violations of the UCMJ in every episode not to mention the cruel harassment of female personnel which hardly anyone objected to at the time.

:clap2:

How can you understand the finale of a TV series you never understand to begin with? I e Lost

Nothing gets better than The Fugitive finale.

They REWARD the viwers with sticking to the series.

I was afraid it might be a cop-out ending............

Of course MASH the movie and MASH the tv series were both about Nam.

What I liked about the MASH TV seies -flawed as it was - was that it was clear-cut and gave closeure - and rewarded the viewers -without being a total cop -out (they dindt make it seem like VJ Day in Times Square.

There was a sense of failure.............

The MASH TV show sucked. The movie was brilliant though.

How can you understand the finale of a TV series you never understand to begin with? I e Lost

Nothing gets better than The Fugitive finale.

They REWARD the viwers with sticking to the series.

I was afraid it might be a cop-out ending............

LOST wasn't that bad. The first 3 or 4 seasons were mostly incoherent, but they pulled it together for the last 3 seasons, and I thought the finale was as good as it possibly could have been, aside from the last 4 minutes, which almost completely ruined it for me.

The Avengers part 1 had a nice transition - Emma Peel was replaced by Tara

Diana Rigg was a fox

The Prisoner could punk any of todays stuff

didngt have a nice tidy ending - don't think he ever escaped - or what thereason was for his abduction ..............

The Smallville Series Finale was pretty darn good.

your kidding?......10 years for that Ending?.......and they devoted 2 hours to it.....for that whole 2 hours Clark should have been suited up and been Superman doing stuff that they denied him doing for ten Seasons......

>

Scrubs was one of those series that I only say occasionally in early evening reruns. Recently I had a couple of working weekends where I had to go in a baby sit some processes so I took my son's series collection to run in the background.

Watching it on reruns or once a week over 8 years is totally different then sitting down and watching it marathon. The mixture of inane comedy with the story lines and character development was actually pretty good.

And yes I'm not to proud to admit that I shed a tear during the finale especially at these two points (sorry I don't know how to embed the video).

YouTube - Finale - JD and Cox

YouTube - Scrubs Finale - Book Of Love

One of the best series wrap ups ranking right up there with The Shield and M*A*S*H.

>>>>

Forum List

Back