Best Closing Episodes (finales) of TV series

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
The Fugitive

MASH

Both rewarded viewers with feel-good clear-cut endings.

Hate ambiguous stuff like in Lost and The Sophranoes (sp?)

Heard the upcoming finale in The Killing on AMC sucks.....

Laugh if you will, and I know some of y'all might, but the very last episode of The Golden Girls was a great one. A sad one, but a great one.
That show ran for 7 seasons and I have adored all of the shows. I have the entire DVD collection from the whole 7 seasons......it was a good show...made me happy :)
I never watched The Sopranos and I don't even know what Lost is/was ~LoL~
And I did not like the show M*A*S*H.

The worst closing eposode for a sit-com was Seinfeld. The guys get arrested in a hick-town. It was a poorly written incoherent mess.

Lost sucked, but, I still want to know what the black smoke represented. I quite watching after the first half dozen episodes but one of my sons watched it to the end. He still refuses to explain the black smoke.

That said, Mash and this one:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MECtoQ9YL3Q]YouTube - ‪Seinfeld-The Verdict (Newman chokes)‬‏[/ame]

I kinda liked Dallas finale - JR gets in the final shot................

Survivor.

Or basically, any reality show.

Anytime one of those things quits airing, we can all celebrate.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
Lost sucked, but, I still want to know what the black smoke represented. I quite watching after the first half dozen episodes but one of my sons watched it to the end. He still refuses to explain the black smoke.

That said, Mash and this one:

YouTube - ‪Seinfeld-The Verdict (Newman chokes)‬‏

Seinfeld was pure NYC and I'm surprised it resonated in the rest of the Country. It was well written though. My guess is that all the writers walked away before the last episode and the actors didn't give a damn by that time and somebody put the thing together and threw out knowing that they would get a good audience no matter how bad it was.

It's ironic that the MASH series lasted about three times longer than the war it was based on. We all know that MASH was really about the new left wing anti-Military and anti-patriotic and cool disregard for authority during the Vietnam era rather than a series based on Korea. The whole 4077 MASH unit would have rightfully been in jail for a hundred violations of the UCMJ in every episode not to mention the cruel harassment of female personnel which hardly anyone objected to at the time.

Forum List

Back