Best buy hunting rifle.

Oh! Thank you! You got any pictures of grouping or anything?

No, it my brother did an inch and a half with his gun, but it’s built. Mine I have only used to 100 yards. It’s really to much for where I hunt, it I like it allot. So far I took a hog and a scrawny spike deer. Neither took a step and they hit right where I wanted. Like another poster mentioned, I also like the .243, that’s more my speed for where I hunt. Back to my brothers gun, it is capable of much, much more, we are just lousy shots. You could likelihood grab the version I have in the caliber you want and add the magazine kit. It comes in a hogs overmold stock. Feels tacky. I can’t speak for the .30 cal rifles aside from my brothers, but I’m thinking mine in the right hands is a very capable rifle.

Adjustable trigger? That's a deal breaker for me.

edit...And a definite half closed bolt position?

My ideal hunting rifle is a Ruger #1A in .270.

It is accurate as most, when fed the right ammo. With it being single shot, it is about 4 inches shorter than a bolt action with the same barrel length. Heft and balance like a fine O/U shotgun.

It is accurate as most, when fed the right ammo. With it being single shot, it is about 4 inches shorter than a bolt action with the same barrel length. Heft and balance like a fine O/U shotgun.

Sexy gun fosho, but they cost allot! They are a no e platform for shooting heavy stuff to.

Sexy gun fosho, but they cost allot! They are a no e platform for shooting heavy stuff to.

All true. I did have to save for a bit. But living in east central Alabama (at the time), all I wanted was a good deer rifle. I have some other stuff for heavier and lighter rounds.

Forum List

Back