Votes: 8 72.7%
  • Stones

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DamnYankee

No Neg Policy
Apr 2, 2009
Your choice may be based on quality, looks, longevity, or any other criteria you have. Which group was/is your fav? Have a reason?

Beatles easily.

Set the standard for a generation, and in just one decade produced more memorable music then any band in history.

I would have to say the beatles. Both groups came out like gangbusters in the early to mid 60's. The Stones had a good British Blues sound. I did like the Stones a lot, but when their music changed...it just wasn't the same.
The Beatles early music was groundbreaking. When they did their change with the Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band Album, it took them to a new level, that I really liked.

PS Remember the "Beatle boots?"

Wasn't a Beatle-maniac when everyone else was fawning all over them. Even now, as I listen to some of their earliest music, it comes off as nonsensical. Of course, there could very well have been a reason for that -- I wasn't interested enough to check. Always found it interesting that such a popular group couldn't keep it going longer. Too much individual talent / ego?

Beatles without doubt.

The body of their work is so far and away superior to the Stones that comparing them is absurd.

I like the Stones a lot, but they're not even in the same league with the Beatles.

at the time i liked the Animals and the Kinks better than both of them,but i liked the Stones over the Beatles...they were harder rock....and that is something that took a hold of my young balls and never let go....

Wasn't a Beatle-maniac when everyone else was fawning all over them. Even now, as I listen to some of their earliest music, it comes off as nonsensical. Of course, there could very well have been a reason for that -- I wasn't interested enough to check. Always found it interesting that such a popular group couldn't keep it going longer. Too much individual talent / ego?

too much ego. and too much Yoko.

:lol:

This reminds me of a poll I was going to start last week but never got around to it. I was going to ask who is the second best british invasion band... because everyone knows the Beatles OWN the top spot, or so I thought! :lol:

:lol:

This reminds me of a poll I was going to start last week but never got around to it. I was going to ask who is the second best british invasion band... because everyone knows the Beatles OWN the top spot, or so I thought! :lol:

I'd say it needs more input. You could always drum some up.... :eusa_whistle:

too much ego. and too much Yoko.

And yet, not enough....

The Beatles weren't the best rockers. Not by a long shot.

But they wrote the best music.

And their ability to change musical styles and make those archaic styles relevant to the boomer generation was simply amazing.

Add to that their experimental music, their use of electronic instruments, their use of the sitar and tabla and so forth, and no group of their time comes close to reaching their level of musical accomplisment.

The Beatles weren't the best rockers. Not by a long shot.

But they wrote the best music.

And their ability to change musical styles and make those archaic styles relevant to the boomer generation was simply amazing.

Add to that their experimental music, their use of electronic instruments, their use of the sitar and tabla and so forth, and no group of their time comes close to reaching their level of musical accomplisment.

Their musical "ability" and "experimentation" came from being spaced out on drugs -- no different than many other "rockers". It's really rather surprising they didn't kill themselves that way, as was the fate of so many of their peers.

Forum List

Back