Best Branch to Serve/Work For?

Depends what you are looking for in your period of service.

I meant in terms of overall benefits/pay/comfort of lifestyle..

Benefits and Pay are the same whether you are an E-3 in the Navy, Marines, Army, Air Force, or Coast Guard.

For "comfort", then probably the Air Force.

I was interested in seeing the world and traveling, and while other branches do travel, not like the Navy. In CONUS I traveled from Maine to California, Florida to Washington. For most of my career I was a WESTPAC sailor and have been to Japan (multiple places), the Philippines, Korea, Thailand, Austrailia, Singapore, Hong Kong as well as Diego Garcia and the middle east.

>>>>

Does each branch offer different benefits? Or are they all the same?

Which branch do you think its best to serve, and why?
None of the above - there're basically the same. Government owned, government run, government bullshit, and government rules and regulations. It's government's way of feeling the power and control over people. It's also an astronomical money machine. The kick-backs, no-bid contracts, hidden expenses, encouraged and condoned waste, and ridiculous perks and benefits once someone reaches the upper echelons. In addition, it's a way of sacrificing human lives without being questioned or made to answer for it.

Armed Forces are Department of Defense. Coast Guard is Dept. of Transportation. If you wanna serve your country (though ya shouldn't but that's another thread,) and be able to look back on your career without thinking, "Wow they paid me to murder people." Join the Coast Guard.
Department of Homeland Security not Transportation.

None of the above - there're basically the same. Government owned, government run, government bullshit, and government rules and regulations. It's government's way of feeling the power and control over people. It's also an astronomical money machine. The kick-backs, no-bid contracts, hidden expenses, encouraged and condoned waste, and ridiculous perks and benefits once someone reaches the upper echelons. In addition, it's a way of sacrificing human lives without being questioned or made to answer for it.

Armed Forces are Department of Defense. Coast Guard is Dept. of Transportation. If you wanna serve your country (though ya shouldn't but that's another thread,) and be able to look back on your career without thinking, "Wow they paid me to murder people." Join the Coast Guard.

Sorry but it's been part of DHS since 2003 and is still considered a uniformed service. USCG members have access to all military facilities. :salute:

If you want to learn great combat roles = the Army or Marines.

IF you want a great technical education, OR IF YOU want to make the Miltiary a career = The Navy or the Air Force.

Shadow 355 ( Prior US Military - Army :) )

The one that doesn't murder people. So, the Coast Guard.
Sounds like a statement made by someone always looking the other way. If that comment reflects the feelings /beliefs of one with military experience I feel sorry for all who served with that REMF.

My father was USN but he always said the USAF had it best
Air Force is the only branch that sends their Officers in to fight ahead of the enlisted guy...............:biggrin:

Having said that and to reply to the OP..

Each branch of our armed forces serves a specific role and we are much stronger as a nation because of that separation. There is no better branch of service over the other.

I served in the Air Force....81 - 90.

My father was USN but he always said the USAF had it best
Air Force is the only branch that sends their Officers in to fight ahead of the enlisted guy...............:biggrin:

Having said that and to reply to the OP..

Each branch of our armed forces serves a specific role and we are much stronger as a nation because of that separation. There is no better branch of service over the other.

I served in the Air Force....81 - 90.

Thank you for your service

The one that doesn't murder people. So, the Coast Guard.

Is it ever OK to kill someone in your opinion?

In self-defense of yourself or a third party. Going overseas to drop bombs on people isn't self-defense because they didn't get mad at us until we began doing that to them first. We started arabs hating us by siding with their oppressive rulers. Everything they're doing to us now IS self-defense.

We're the bad guys.
So you entire knowledge of middle eastern history starts in the 1950s and is based on biased media sources......... Got it....... :lmao:

deltex1 :)

1461105_972930119424716_2253539228909293591_n.jpg

Were I to do it over again, I would think strongly about the Coast Guard. Why? You are serving the American public directly and not dealing with countries outside the USA. Bennies are the same, life is in an American community and not over in Bum Squat, Egypt or elsewhere. Federal Service is Federal Service, with the Coast Guard at least english is spoken.

Of course the federal benefits are the same no matter what branch you served. Your job depends on your MOS and sometimes you can get a guarantee. Overall the Services breaks down to mission statements. Generally it's "Join the USAF and keep'em flying" Join the Navy and keep 'em sailing and free of rust". As far as the social "benefits" go, the Marines win hands down. Ask an Army Veteran when the "Army birthday" is and he will probably give you a blank stare. All former Marines remember Nov.10th like their own birthday. The greeting "Semper Fi" is reserved for former Marines. Parris Island Boot Camp is something you remember all your life. Apparently Boot Camp in Ft. Jackson is something like American Bandstand with boys and girls training and socializing over ice cream sodas every night. I don't mean to slight the Army. The U.S. fighting force is the greatest in the world.

Forum List

Back