Best Branch to Serve/Work For?

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
Does each branch offer different benefits? Or are they all the same?

Which branch do you think its best to serve, and why?

My father was USN but he always said the USAF had it best

My is with the Air Force (fairly new) went through basic training in the Fall, is now stationed and working. I just wondered if he made the "best" choice.

My is with the Air Force (fairly new) went through basic training in the Fall, is now stationed and working. I just wondered if he made the "best" choice.

I had a USAF Retired Lt Col tell me once if you want benefits and to live join the Air Force, if you're gung ho go to the others

I had a USAF Retired Lt Col tell me once if you want benefits and to live join the Air Force, if you're gung ho go to the others
I had too many speeding tickets they told me..in 1979.

Your Father?

my fingers are so annoying... my son

Thank your son for me, we have a nephew going in to the USAF next year....if he keeps his nose clean. I'm tickled he decide to go that route

My best friend was a fighter jockey, full bird Colonel. He had a joke that was actually quite true in many ways:
An Army soldier is standing in a foxhole with his boots full of water and says, "this shit sucks!"
A Marine is standing in a foxhole with water up to his neck and yells, "this shit sucks!"
A sailor is out at sea for months at a time with no booze or women and bemoans, "this shit sucks!"
An Airman is relaxing in a hot tub surrounded by hot naked women and they run out of beer..... "This shit sucks!!"

The one that doesn't murder people. So, the Coast Guard.

Is it ever OK to kill someone in your opinion?

In self-defense of yourself or a third party. Going overseas to drop bombs on people isn't self-defense because they didn't get mad at us until we began doing that to them first. We started arabs hating us by siding with their oppressive rulers. Everything they're doing to us now IS self-defense.

We're the bad guys.

None of the above - there're basically the same. Government owned, government run, government bullshit, and government rules and regulations. It's government's way of feeling the power and control over people. It's also an astronomical money machine. The kick-backs, no-bid contracts, hidden expenses, encouraged and condoned waste, and ridiculous perks and benefits once someone reaches the upper echelons. In addition, it's a way of sacrificing human lives without being questioned or made to answer for it.

The one that doesn't murder people. So, the Coast Guard.
They kill smuggles when smugglers fire on them....

Ya, that's exactly the same as a vessel whose sole purpose is launching missiles and firing artillery shells oblitering neighborhoods.
You mean the US Navy....

Basic benefits are all the same. Different rules and policies may apply. (For example the ability to live off base and draw BAQ and COMRATS depends on the situation at a particular base.)

Depends what you are looking for in your period of service.

>>>>

None of the above - there're basically the same. Government owned, government run, government bullshit, and government rules and regulations. It's government's way of feeling the power and control over people. It's also an astronomical money machine. The kick-backs, no-bid contracts, hidden expenses, encouraged and condoned waste, and ridiculous perks and benefits once someone reaches the upper echelons. In addition, it's a way of sacrificing human lives without being questioned or made to answer for it.

Armed Forces are Department of Defense. Coast Guard is Dept. of Transportation. If you wanna serve your country (though ya shouldn't but that's another thread,) and be able to look back on your career without thinking, "Wow they paid me to murder people." Join the Coast Guard.

Forum List

Back