Best anti-virus software?

My Network is protected by Trend and had caught many infiltrators. And a nice touch too is that they have a Toolbar that shows if a website you're on is safe...
~T

I always wonder; how the fuck can a browser and software tell if a site is safe?

id theft protection? who would try to steal your id?

While I surf the net? Trend looks at the site(s) I go to for threats.

LINK I can also request they look at a site.

And ID meaning names, passwords, logons, CC numbers... all settable.

ScreenShot (My Laptop) Note the Trend Toolbar? "Trusted Page"?

[IMGhttp://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p108/Abbthom1/TrendThreats.jpg[/IMG]

Hope that answers your question?

I understand, but I just don't see everything as a 'threat' the way some others do. I suspect most software tries very hard to make everything seem like a potential threat.

I doubt anyone with the skills and sophistication needed to snatch my ID would bother with me.

I try never to touch a form on a site I do not have to. Forms can be injected with crap. I doubt most websites could ever get in my computer itself.

At home, I got a couple of viruses in the last month or so, even though I had Norton antivirus software on my system and ESET – both were installed on my system by my ex.

I am looking at antivirus software programs; I want to pay because my experience with free software has not been all so wonderful. I looked at a few and liked Cyberdefender and PC Tools.

I liked that Cyberdefender seems to be a more complete package, covering antivirus, Trojans, spyware, id theft protection.

ESET, also had a nice user interface, but I had a hard time figuring out which would be the best version for me.

I also liked Cyberdefender is a public company, but is it a good antivirus software program? Better then ESET?

I've been told this one works wonders. Ya don't even have to 'install' it. I think it's called Windows Defender.

funny-picturesss.jpg

norton internet security 2010... I read in some magazines that norton come out as the 1st winner...
but it's quite expensive...

The best is FREEDOM by Bell Sympatico....anti-virus, pop-up, cookie blocker, etc.etc. It is the BEST in the world.

norton internet security 2010... I read in some magazines that norton come out as the 1st winner...
but it's quite expensive...

The mags are comparing retail versions. The best ones, (much better than Norton) are also open source. Norton is a massive, invasive resource hog.

I have tried many of them throughout the years and many do not work or work against your computer programs. I have found one that works great and have been using it for yrs. I still have not gotten a virus or malware attack. This program stops it right in it's tracks. Brings up a warning sign right away. It's called KASPERSKY they up grade constantly and keep up with the new virus attacks out there. You can buy for a yr. or for 2yrs. You can save about 30.00 if you buy for 2 yrs. I bought it for a year and was very happy with it and now I renew for the 2yrs. I got this advice from a friend of mine who is a high tech geek type. He was right this is the best.
Go to Kaspersky.com you can get it for IBM or MAC

Avira antivir+ Spybot is the optimal solution.

i tried many other softwares, it's the best.

Forum List

Back