Best Animated Movies?

RWS

Gold Member
Sep 24, 2013
Watched "Coco" and thoroughly enjoyed it. And some people were saying it's the best animated movie ever.

I love Coco, but it's not the best ever... at least not in my opinion.

So here's the question, what are the best animated "family" movies ever? (no anime, unless it is a family movie)

My instant reply is "Up".

Looking at rankings online, Wall-E was a big winner too. I don't remember Wall-E that much, I may have been tired. So I need to re-watch it and compare. Of course, Toy Story should be among the top.

But best? My opinion as an adult watching an animated movie, is Up.

And Up also has one of the greatest theme songs, and I've learned to play it on the piano (and uke).

This is the theme from Up, but with the original short Pixar film that played before the movie.The song is called "Married Life". And it set you up to cry, even before the movie started...

Watch this video of this pixar short, and if you don't tear up at some point, I'd suggest re-hydration. :)

• Banned
I play the above song on the uke! And of course the piano.

When I play on the uke, I whistle the melody. What a great song....

I loved the opening sequence in Up

The rest of the movie was just OK

Pixar’s best movie to date.

fun-facts-about-the-incredibles-920x584.jpg

I enjoyed Shrek

Good movie for children and adults. The humor was cutting and you had to see it a few times to get all the jokes

I enjoyed Shrek

Good movie for children and adults. The humor was cutting and you had to see it a few times to get all the jokes

If you know the bitter history between Jeffrey Katzenzberg, co-founder of Dreamworks, and Disney, the jokes in ‘Shrek’ take on a whole new meaning.

He used that film to stick it to Disney.

I enjoyed Shrek

If you know the bitter history between Jeffrey Katzenzberg, co-founder of Dreamworks, and Disney, the jokes in ‘Shrek’ take on a whole new meaning.

He used that film to stick it to Disney.

Shrek was a great movie for adults. Not a kids movie you could tolerate but genuinely funny at an adult level

There are a ton of well-made kids animated movies out there. Studios like Pixar and Dreamworks do an amazing job of making movies that appeal to young children yet can be enjoyed by adults. I'd be hard pressed to choose a single favorite.

This animated movie is kind of off the beaten path but very thought provoking. It's set during what I assume are the last years of WWII in Japan but from the perspective of what Japanese children were going through.

grave-of-the-fireflies1.jpg

It's Miyasaki-esque.

ok, so I watched Wall-E again.

Up is way better! :) Not even a contest!

Still gotta watch The Incredibles... I can't believe I have never watched that....

Forum List

Back