Best and worst sitcoms

musicman

Mar 3, 2004
Ohio
Got to thinking about poor ol' Don Knotts today. Across the span of his career, he went from starring in arguably the best sitcom of all time, "The Andy Griffith Show", to undoubtedly, IMO, the worst, "Three's Company".

Anyhow, them's my picks for best and worst sitcoms. How about you?

Best (Current) : Scrubs
Best (in awhile): Family Guy and Futurama
Worst: Will & Grace

Best: Seinfeld, The Simpsons, Curb Your Enthusiasm (though that's not really a sitcom), Get a Life, Arrested Development

Worst: The Single Guy, anything on TGIF after the original 4 were gone (Full House,My 2 Dads, Perfect Strangers, Just the Ten of Us), Will & Grace (not gay-bashing, it's just genuinely unfunny to me).

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
all time Best has to be M*A*S*H

worst is beverly hillbillies

Which M*A*S*H episodes do you like better-the earlier ones with Trapper & Henry or the later ones with Col. Potter & BJ?

Originally posted by Dan
Best: Seinfeld, The Simpsons, Curb Your Enthusiasm (though that's not really a sitcom), Get a Life, Arrested Development

Worst: The Single Guy, anything on TGIF after the original 4 were gone (Full House,My 2 Dads, Perfect Strangers, Just the Ten of Us), Will & Grace (not gay-bashing, it's just genuinely unfunny to me).

For me, it's BECAUSE of the Gay issues that the sitcom is horrible. :-/

Favs: Family Ties, Cheers, Friends, Scrubs, Will and Grace. I started watching W&G about a year ago because of Debra Messing. The show has grown on me, and while I'm no fan of the homosexual lifestyle, it is a funny show, IMO.

Worst: Facts of Life, Eight is Enough, pretty much everything on today.

Best: Cheers, Simpson's, The Jefferson's, Scrubs, Sponge Bob Square Pants
Worst: The Beach Combers, Welcome Back Kotter, Gilmore Girls (triple barff on that one), Everybody Loves Raymond, King of Kenstington

Did everyone forget the Munsters? How could anyone forget Granpa? Happy Days, Good Times, Laverne and Shirley, Seinfeld, Frasier.

The worst - just about every single 'comedy' that is on today. Friends is about as entertaining as a watching a tomato rot....I don't think of the cast (aside Courtney Cox for some reason) as anything other than future hasbeens.

The worst - just about every single 'comedy' that is on today. Friends is about as entertaining as a watching a tomato rot....I don't think of the cast (aside Courtney Cox for some reason) as anything other than future hasbeens.

Man, we couldn't be any more opposites. While I admit Friends is definitely past its prime, I'd say it's the best prime-time network sitcom out there, after the Simpsons. And, oddly enough, Courtney Cox is the one cast member that I really don't like at all. Matthew Perry I don't see going on to any better things, but he's at least kind of likable. Ditto with David Schwimmer. Actually, now that I think about it, Jennifer Aniston's the only one that I'd keep up with after the show ends (ever see The Good Girl? The movie's kinda slow, but she's great in it).

Originally posted by Dan
Man, we couldn't be any more opposites. While I admit Friends is definitely past its prime, I'd say it's the best prime-time network sitcom out there, after the Simpsons. And, oddly enough, Courtney Cox is the one cast member that I really don't like at all. Matthew Perry I don't see going on to any better things, but he's at least kind of likable. Ditto with David Schwimmer. Actually, now that I think about it, Jennifer Aniston's the only one that I'd keep up with after the show ends (ever see The Good Girl? The movie's kinda slow, but she's great in it).

Jennifer Aniston was great in, "Office Space", as was David Schwimmer in, "Band of Brothers". And Matthew Perry is doing very well with, "The Whole Nine Yards" and the new follow-up, "The Whole Ten Yards". I'm going to see that one as soon as I can.

Originally posted by musicman
Jennifer Aniston was great in, "Office Space", as was David Schwimmer in, "Band of Brothers". And Matthew Perry is doing very well with, "The Whole Nine Yards" and the new follow-up, "The Whole Ten Yards". I'm going to see that one as soon as I can.

Band of Brothers was excellent - hope to buy the DVD if I can find a good deal on it. The Good Girl was a good movie too (all be it slow). I think they should have ended the show some time ago. I find the others to be in the type cast category now.

See, I never saw Band of Brothers. Schwimmer's voice is just too whiney for me, maybe he just does that on Friends, I don't think I've seen him in anything else.

I forgot about Office Space, yes, Jennifer Aniston was good in that (though she wasn't given a whole lot to do).

best: seinfeld(by far), simpsons, family guy i know i'm leaving out a lot

Best: Carol Burnett show, Wings, Scrubs, Jackass. Anyone remember that show starring Doogie Howser and Antonio from wings??? THAT was a GREAT show!!

Worst: Mash!!!

Forum List

Back