Best and worst cities for summer drivers

BlueGin

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2004
Is anyone really surprised that D.C tops the list?

Looking to find safe roads, minimal traffic and relatively cheap gas on your summer road trip? You may want to consider a trip to Las Vegas, San Antonio or Nashville.

The nation’s capital? Not so much. According to a recent report, Washington, D.C., not only takes the top spot for car crashes and congestion but is also No. 4 when it comes to pain at the pump.

“People are starting to think about their summer vacation,” said Cody Cook, vice president and product manager for Erie Insurance, which compiled the report. “A lot of them think about their itinerary — what they’re going to do, where they’re going to stay — but they don’t think about the driving conditions and the unforeseen circumstances they might face.”

To compile its list, the company analyzed data from the Highway Loss Data Institute, the Texas A&M Transportation Institute and GasBuddy.com.

Best and worst cities for summer drivers - NBC News.com

Is anyone really surprised that D.C tops the list?

Looking to find safe roads, minimal traffic and relatively cheap gas on your summer road trip? You may want to consider a trip to Las Vegas, San Antonio or Nashville.

The nation’s capital? Not so much. According to a recent report, Washington, D.C., not only takes the top spot for car crashes and congestion but is also No. 4 when it comes to pain at the pump.

“People are starting to think about their summer vacation,” said Cody Cook, vice president and product manager for Erie Insurance, which compiled the report. “A lot of them think about their itinerary — what they’re going to do, where they’re going to stay — but they don’t think about the driving conditions and the unforeseen circumstances they might face.”

To compile its list, the company analyzed data from the Highway Loss Data Institute, the Texas A&M Transportation Institute and GasBuddy.com.

Best and worst cities for summer drivers - NBC News.com

Yeah, I'm surprised, because I've been in DC and I've also been in Atlanta. It's no contest. Nashville can be a bear too as far as congestion, if you're going downtown at the wrong time.

Strange idea to work buying gas into an analysis of driving. When I'm doing one I'm not doing the other. :dunno:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back