Best "2 minute drill" quarterback of all-time!

Who's the best "2 minute drill" quarterback of all-time!

• Johnny Unitus

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Ken Stabler

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • John Elway

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Joe Montana

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Roger Staughbach

• Payton Manning

• Terry Bradshaw

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Otto Grahem

• Brett Farve

• other

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
Brady, like Eli, has won two SB's with the two-minute drill executed to near perfection.

Brady and the Pats have also made the no-huddle offensive attacks, which is basically the two-minute drill, into quite the force of the last couple of years.

Sure, I'm a homer, but whatchyagondo? :dunno:

In the end it's tough to gauge, seeing as how the QB, while essential, is just one of many parts that have to function properly to make it all work.

Brady, like Eli, has won two SB's with the two-minute drill executed to near perfection.

Brady and the Pats have also made the no-huddle offensive attacks, which is basically the two-minute drill, into quite the force of the last couple of years.

In the end it's tough to gauge, seeing as how the QB, while essential, is just one of many parts that have to function properly to make it all work.

The only tie breaker is that Eli beat Brady head to head in two SB two minute drills.

The only tie breaker is that Eli beat Brady head to head in two SB two minute drills.

I think whichever one had enough time at the very end would've won. Eli lucked out on both of them in that regard.

Eli had less of a rush to deal with.

Once you throw off his timing he's average.

Peyton dictates to Defenses how the game will go. Eli seems to react to what the Defense does. Before I would have said Tom Brady, but after seeing what Peyton has done in Denver it's no secret why he was so effective in Indy all of those years.

Peyton dictates to Defenses how the game will go. Eli seems to react to what the Defense does. Before I would have said Tom Brady, but after seeing what Peyton has done in Denver it's no secret why he was so effective in Indy all of those years.

Peyton has historically shrunk in big games. He did it in college and did it in the pros. Regular season he is a fantasy football dream. Playoffs, he shrinks to average. Peyton is one of the biggest playoff busts in history

Peyton has historically shrunk in big games. He did it in college and did it in the pros. Regular season he is a fantasy football dream. Playoffs, he shrinks to average. Peyton is one of the biggest playoff busts in history

Yeah, right. He still has a ring.

I think winning championships has something to do with the supporting cast and even sometimes the weather and if it is conducive to a passing game. Besides, I thought we were talking about who runs that kind of offense the best.

I think winning championships has something to do with the supporting cast and even sometimes the weather and if it is conducive to a passing game. Besides, I thought we were talking about who runs that kind of offense the best.

Year after year, the Colts had a top two team in the AFC. Year after year, they underachieved in the playoffs. Peyton had one memorable comeback in the playoffs (against NE). Other than that, Colts tended to lose to lesser teams with no fourth quarter heroics from Peyton

Year after year, the Colts had a top two team in the AFC. Year after year, they underachieved in the playoffs. Peyton had one memorable comeback in the playoffs (against NE). Other than that, Colts tended to lose to lesser teams with no fourth quarter heroics from Peyton

After Peyton left just how weak they were showed in their record.

You seem to think about sports the way you think about politics. You cherry-pick your facts.

You seem to think about sports the way you think about politics. You cherry-pick your facts.

Big wins in big games are facts. Peyton doesn't have them

In college, Steve Spurrier got in his head. In the pros, Bill Belichik got in his head

In college, Steve Spurrier got in his head. In the pros, Bill Belichik got in his head

Part of the reason was his team and another part was the weather.

The only season that Indy made it to the Superbowl they won, and it's because they had a great running game. Anyone who knows football knows that if you're not balanced you don't win in bad weather and if you don't have a great Defense it doesn't matter what your offense does. The Chargers will attest to that.

Oh, and you just admitted coaching has something to do with it.

Last edited:

The only season that Indy made it to the Superbowl they won, and it's because they had a great running game. Anyone who knows football knows that if you're not balanced you don't win in bad weather and if you don't have a great Defense it doesn't matter what your offense does. The Chargers will attest to that.

Peyton was in two SBs. Won the first in the slop against the Bears. The second, he was a non factor in the second half against the underdog Saints

Why isn't Flute on your list? Most memorable Hail Mary of all time....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-qkpsygNYo]Flutie Hail Mary - YouTube[/ame]

Elway was in my mind the first truly legendary 'final two-minutes comeback' QB, and he may technically still be the best ever at it. His problem for a long time was that of P Mannings, getting close but not able to finish it, until of course Terrell Davis came along.

Peyton was in two SBs. Won the first in the slop against the Bears. The second, he was a non factor in the second half against the underdog Saints

Underdog?

Now I remember. To me the game was forgettable. The Saints had a great Defense and could rush the passer. Also they were accused of paying bounties as well. Seemed most of the emphasis was on the Saints winning it all after Katrina.

It didn't hurt that the Colts rushed for almost 200yds in the Superbowl they won.

Last edited:
Elway was in my mind the first truly legendary 'final two-minutes comeback' QB, and he may technically still be the best ever at it. His problem for a long time was that of P Mannings, getting close but not able to finish it, until of course Terrell Davis came along.

Which shows just how important a balanced offense is.

Which shows just how important a balanced offense is.

There's no doubt about it.

Balance allows for deception, play-action doesn't work if the run isn't a threat to begin with.

I might choose Terry Bradshaw if Stallworth and Swann came along with him as receivers. You were never out of a game with the three of them around.

I might choose Terry Bradshaw if Stallworth and Swann came along with him as receivers. You were never out of a game with the three of them around.

I'll still take Montana with Jerry Rice and John Taylor

Forum List

Back