Besides Fox News, are all TV news outlets liberal?

Let me get this straight, according to conservatives, ALL tv news outlets are part of the liberal media and the only one that can trusted is Fox news? Do I have that correct?

So ABC, NBC, CBS.....all liberal?

Yes pretty much.

It would prove a lot. I watch fox news, it doesn't mean I think it's not biased. Ratings don't mean anything. Fox news programs like O'Reilly, Beck and Hannity are entertainment and pseudo-news. Saying they are news programs is the equivalent of saying that the Daily Show is a news program. But then again...isn't John Stewart Americas most trusted newscaster? Poll Results - Now that Walter Cronkite has passed on, who is America's most trusted newscaster? | TIME

"Ratings don't mean anything."
So, you are arguing that folks choose to watch broadcasts with which they don't agree?
Counterintuitive.

And, did you say the same thing when President Obama beat Senator McCain in another kind of 'ratings' battle?

Now, you are obfuscating when you bring in O'Reilly, Beck and Hannity and claim they are putative news broadcasts.

And it is blurring the line when you use entertaining, and try to leave out informative. O'Reilly has folks who argue the opposite points, while this is verboten on Olbermann's show.

It would prove a lot. I watch fox news, it doesn't mean I think it's not biased. Ratings don't mean anything. Fox news programs like O'Reilly, Beck and Hannity are entertainment and pseudo-news. Saying they are news programs is the equivalent of saying that the Daily Show is a news program. But then again...isn't John Stewart Americas most trusted newscaster? Poll Results - Now that Walter Cronkite has passed on, who is America's most trusted newscaster? | TIME

So, you are arguing that folks choose to watch broadcasts with which they don't agree?
Counterintuitive.
Hardly, people watch because it's entertainment, more like entertainment disguised as news.

And, did you say the same thing when President Obama beat Senator McCain in another kind of 'ratings' battle?
What does that even mean?

Now, you are obfuscating when you bring in O'Reilly, Beck and Hannity and claim they are putative news broadcasts.

And it is blurring the line when you use entertaining, and try to leave out informative. O'Reilly has folks who argue the opposite points, while this is verboten on Olbermann's show.

You mentioned Hannity in your post, so thats why I included him and O'Reilly and Beck who are all naturally linked together. All 3 are opinion programs with a HEAVY bias against democrats/liberals. I never said MSNBC was not biased, maybe you decided to ignore that fact. Neither of these stations are fair or balanced news for the most part...and back to my original point.

How is FOX news more fair and unbiased then something like ABC or CBS nightly news?

Isn't Beschloss a Historian? How does this relate?

Beschloss is a regular 'talking head,' pundit on every network- including Fox which, unlike MSNBC, has talkers of every persuasion.

Yes, Presidential historian...Doris Kearns Goodwin, the same...and a liberal as well:

"...historian Doris Kearns Goodwin -- a Bay State resident and a favorite of NBC News where she regularly pops up to deliver conventional liberal wisdom in the guise of historic insights -- "

Read more: Doris Kearns Goodwin | NewsBusters.org

Beschloss is an example of the kind of talker that one regularly finds on the networks. When you ask if all of those outlets are biased, he is an example of that form of bias: Don Imus asked the kind of question that most networks, left-leaning main stream media outlets, will allow...unquestioned.

That's why folks gravitate toward Fox

But you're not getting my point. He doesn't present the news. He is a commentator (of the news) not a news presenter. How does that make the news that Brian Williams, etc....a biased news report?

See what LATimes TV critic Rosenberg says about the Olbermann Show:

"In a commentary published in the Los Angeles Times, Howard Rosenberg comments on the show's absence of guests who challenge Olbermann's views, writing "'Countdown' is more or less an echo chamber in which Olbermann and like-minded bobbleheads nod at each other."[36]. Rosenberg takes issue with Olbermann's style and describes him as "hardly the only horse in cable's 24-hour news race who twists news to fit a personal agenda."
Countdown with Keith Olbermann - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Is that bias, having only one side?

And how'd this for a liberal moment by a 'news' person, Andrea Mitchel:

Enlightened Human Being Andrea Mitchell on Obamacare: The Problem is “Most People Don’t Know What’s Good For Them”….
Weasel Zippers Blog Archive Enlightened Human Being Andrea Mitchell on Obamacare: The Problem is “Most People Don’t Know What’s Good For Them”….

Is that liberal bias? And is she enough of a news person for you?

Counterintuitive.
Hardly, people watch because it's entertainment, more like entertainment disguised as news.

You mentioned Hannity in your post, so thats why I included him and O'Reilly and Beck who are all naturally linked together. All 3 are opinion programs with a HEAVY bias against democrats/liberals. I never said MSNBC was not biased, maybe you decided to ignore that fact. Neither of these stations are fair or balanced news for the most part...and back to my original point.

How is FOX news more fair and unbiased then something like ABC or CBS nightly news?

How about a handful of examples of bias by Fox...

If you can't do so, then you have simply imbibed the left-wing propaganda.

Beschloss is a regular 'talking head,' pundit on every network- including Fox which, unlike MSNBC, has talkers of every persuasion.

Yes, Presidential historian...Doris Kearns Goodwin, the same...and a liberal as well:

"...historian Doris Kearns Goodwin -- a Bay State resident and a favorite of NBC News where she regularly pops up to deliver conventional liberal wisdom in the guise of historic insights -- "

Read more: Doris Kearns Goodwin | NewsBusters.org

Beschloss is an example of the kind of talker that one regularly finds on the networks. When you ask if all of those outlets are biased, he is an example of that form of bias: Don Imus asked the kind of question that most networks, left-leaning main stream media outlets, will allow...unquestioned.

That's why folks gravitate toward Fox

But you're not getting my point. He doesn't present the news. He is a commentator (of the news) not a news presenter. How does that make the news that Brian Williams, etc....a biased news report?

"In a commentary published in the Los Angeles Times, Howard Rosenberg comments on the show's absence of guests who challenge Olbermann's views, writing "'Countdown' is more or less an echo chamber in which Olbermann and like-minded bobbleheads nod at each other."[36]. Rosenberg takes issue with Olbermann's style and describes him as "hardly the only horse in cable's 24-hour news race who twists news to fit a personal agenda."

Enlightened Human Being Andrea Mitchell on Obamacare: The Problem is “Most People Don’t Know What’s Good For Them”….
Weasel Zippers Blog Archive Enlightened Human Being Andrea Mitchell on Obamacare: The Problem is “Most People Don’t Know What’s Good For Them”….

Are you really that dense? Start back at my original post and try and actually read without jumping to your talking points. I'm trying to have an intelligent discussion here and you insist on pointing out examples on MSNBC, which I have already stated is BIASED.

I bolded the part that you seem to not want to read in my previous posts.

Are you really that dense? Start back at my original post and try and actually read without jumping to your talking points. I'm trying to have an intelligent discussion here and you insist on pointing out examples on MSNBC, which I have already stated is BIASED.

Fox is the trusted, and most popular...

There are obvious reasons for same: the other networks are left-slanted and biased toward the left in both presentation, guests, and -especially- what they don't cover.

Counterintuitive.

Really? How about every Hannity broadcast which bashes Obama and the current administration or Whenever Beck relates our government back to being Communist or Nazi. Unless those are proven facts, I'd say thats a little bias.

You're obviously not here to discuss my original question and just want to "win" some type of argument that you've created in your head.

Really? How about every Hannity broadcast which bashes Obama and the current administration or Whenever Beck relates our government back to being Communist or Nazi. Unless those are proven facts, I'd say thats a little bias.

You're obviously not here to discuss my original question and just want to "win" some type of argument that you've created in your head.

Let me count the examples you've come up with.....

none.

See ya...

Fox is the trusted, and most popular...

American Idol gets amazing ratings, that doesn't make it a credible news source, but it does mean people are entertained by it, just like people are entertained by Fox 'news'.

There are obvious reasons for same: the other networks are left-slanted and biased toward the left in both presentation, guests, and -especially- what they don't cover.

So show me how Brian Williams presents slanted views of the news and not just the straight up news. I know this might be tough for you, since you can't use MSNBC.

Let me count the examples you've come up with.....

none.

See ya...

I guess reading comprehension is still beyond your grasp. See ya. Thanks anyway for the pointless discussion and your inability to actually respond to anything I've asked.

Let me get this straight, according to conservatives, ALL tv news outlets are part of the liberal media and the only one that can trusted is Fox news? Do I have that correct?
Pretty much, yes.

So ABC, NBC, CBS.....all liberal?

Absolutely.

Add the Cable networks as well, CNN CNNHN, MSNBC, CNBC, PBS. All Liberally slanted.

You can also add cable channels like Discovery, The Learning Channel, The History channel, and the Weather channel to that list of liberally biased stations as well.

Without a doubt, yes.

Is Fox Biased to the right? I cannot deny that. But at least they allow the left perspective to be discussed fairly.
You'll NEVER get a fair sampling of the Conservative perspective FROM ANY of the outlets you listed. Never.

Last edited:

And if you need to be shown an example you either never ever watched FAUX, or you are playing dumber than humanly possible!

One of my favorite FAUX cons is every time a Republican is caught in a scandal or just simply isn't far right enough, FAUX puts a D next to their name. They have done it so many times they have become famous for the R to D switcheroo.

fnc-20090624-sanford.jpg

367_fox-foley.jpg

mccaind-j.jpg

And if you need to be shown an example you either never ever watched FAUX, or you are playing dumber than humanly possible!

One of my favorite FAUX cons is every time a Republican is caught in a scandal or just simply isn't far right enough, FAUX puts a D next to their name. They have done it so many times they have become famous for the R to D switcheroo.

fnc-20090624-sanford.jpg

367_fox-foley.jpg

mccaind-j.jpg

I watch Fox pretty regularly, as do most cable TV audiences, and don't ever recall the 'switcheroo'... but the 'Media Matters' crew watch it 24-7 hoping for a simple mistake such as the ones you found.

Any comment on Fox being both the most popular, and most trusted?

(hey, I didn't notice that- sure enough, you checked with Media Matters)

In any case, for pointing the errors out, I'll send you a rep.

No new Limbaugh stuff? You're slippin'

Heres the poop......................

Why do the k00ks hate FOX News with a passion? Why are they OCD about it?

Because its the only network that rains all over their parade.........and dont forget, all the k00ks are anti-1st Ammendment. They want ALL news trumpeting the ideology of the left.

Is quite that simple.

Heres the poop......................

Why do the k00ks hate FOX News with a passion? Why are they OCD about it?

Because its the only network that rains all over their parade.........and dont forget, all the k00ks are anti-1st Ammendment. They want ALL news trumpeting the ideology of the left.

Is quite that simple.

Thanks for clearing that up. It all makes sense now. :cuckoo:

Primarily because in all their regular news programming with follow-on comments, (Fox News Sunday the weekly re-cap, and Special Report - a nightly recap) on FNC the discussion panels are made up equally from both sides of the left/right spectrum.

In current news reporting the "Fox Report" with Shepherd Smith during which there are no panel members, Smith is your typical contentious liberal, who is unable to keep his own cynical editorial comments out of the news reports.

In their entertainment news programming during the day on topics of current interest they offer balanced commentary with commenters from both sides.

Open minded audiences want a real debate, and from all the others they get almost none of that. The guest panel makeup being drawn from both sides of questions is the "fair and balanced" aspect which people who watch the others as well as FNC see that convinces them that they aren't getting it from the others.

O'Reilly and Hannity are not hard news programs but opinion pieces. But even though they are opinion pieces they have commenters and panelists from both sides. I think that people who can't discern this qualitative difference aren't really watching all the others or they would see the striking difference that makes FNC more trusted by a majority of viewers.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back