Berry: Obama said "big difference" between '10 and '94 is "me"

toomuchtime_

Gold Member
Dec 29, 2008
Rep. Marion Berry's parting shot, published in the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette [no link, subscription only] offers a warning to moderate Democrats and border state moderates -- warning of a midterm bloodbath comparable to the 54-seat D-to-R swing in 1994.

But the jaw-dropper is Berry's claim that President Obama personally dismissed any comparison between Democrats now and under Bill Clinton 16 years ago -- by saying his personal popularity would bail everybody out.

The retiring Berry, who doesn't say when the remarks were made, now scoffs at Obama's 50-or-below approval rating:

Writes ADG reporter Jane Fullerton:

Berry recounted meetings with White House officials, reminiscent of some during the Clinton days, where he and others urged them not to force Blue Dogs “off into that swamp” of supporting bills that would be unpopular with voters back home.

“I’ve been doing that with this White House, and they just don’t seem to give it any credibility at all,” Berry said. “They just kept telling us how good it was going to be. The president himself, when that was brought up in one group, said, ‘Well, the big difference here and in ’94 was you’ve got me.’ We’re going to see how much difference that makes now.” [snip]
Berry: Obama said "big difference" between '10 and '94 is "me" - Glenn Thrush - POLITICO.com

Just as long as Obama keeps feeling that way and hopefully the other Dims aren't smart enough to realize they should abandon ship rather than go down with it.

His ego in combination with his inexperience is a deadly but very welcomed combination.

Yea his ego really is pretty out of control at this point. I guess we'll see how these coming elections turn out. It's gonna be very interesting.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely. This President is showing all the symptoms of this terrible disease. His ego is out of control. How sad.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely. This President is showing all the symptoms of this terrible disease. His ego is out of control. How sad.

I disagree with that. I dont think power corrupts people. I think men corrupt power.\

People try to blame the power when in reality it's the politicians lack of character that's the issue.

EGO.gif

It's always about Barry, he cannot help it. He suffers from N.P.D. Here's a link to highlights of his speech in Ohio the other day. I counted 114 references to 'I' or 'me' (I didn't even include where he said 'Obama'). And right in the middle of it? This: "But I want you -- I want you to understand, this is not about me." Oh please.

Pundit & Pundette: Obama in Ohio: "This is not about me"

It's always about Barry, he cannot help it. He suffers from N.P.D. Here's a link to highlights of his speech in Ohio the other day. I counted 114 references to 'I' or 'me' (I didn't even include where he said 'Obama'). And right in the middle of it? This: "But I want you -- I want you to understand, this is not about me." Oh please.

'I' refuse to read about it. :razz:

I disagree with that. I dont think power corrupts people. I think men corrupt power.\

People try to blame the power when in reality it's the politicians lack of character that's the issue.

I agree. Power will always be there. Its the weilder of that power who is either incorrupt, or corrupt.

Is OL'BO corrupt?? Dont think so but he does have one big ego problem. He just can't fathom just can't accept his agenda as being best for them. Hmm. Wonder how his ego will take a lickin?? Will it keep on tickin???

You don't even have to read, they highlighted all the 'I' and 'me' references! :lol:

You don't even have to read, they highlighted all the 'I' and 'me' references! :lol:
'I' won't look at it because its not about 'me'!!

Yea using your own name numerous times in your own speech really is an indication of a self-perceived grandeur.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back