Bernie’s Economic Bill Of Rights Taken Nearly Verbatim From Stalin’s 1936 Soviet Constitution

Holy crap, really?
You want to make the point that the Daily kos is the great arbiter of what Scripture does, and doesn't say? You need help.
Let the Scripture spe3akfor itself.

"
2 Thessalonians 3:10 New International Version (NIV)

10 For even when we were with you we gave you this rule: “The one who is unwilling to work shall not eat.”"
Does it not occur to you that that single statement is at odds with everything else Jesus and the apostles were teaching and saying? All the rest if their teachings are about helping folks.

Cherry picking specific phrases to twist their meaning is dishonest.

Cherry piking? You are completely uneducated in these matters....

"
1 Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you:

2 And that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men: for all men have not faith.

3 But the Lord is faithful, who shall stablish you, and keep you from evil.

4 And we have confidence in the Lord touching you, that ye both do and will do the things which we command you.

5 And the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God, and into the patient waiting for Christ.

6 Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us.

7 For yourselves know how ye ought to follow us: for we behaved not ourselves disorderly among you;

8 Neither did we eat any man's bread for nought; but wrought with labour and travail night and day, that we might not be chargeable to any of you:

9 Not because we have not power, but to make ourselves an ensample unto you to follow us.

10 For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat.

11 For we hear that there are some which walk among you disorderly, working not at all, but are busybodies.

12 Now them that are such we command and exhort by our Lord Jesus Christ, that with quietness they work, and eat their own bread.'

2 THESSALONIANS CHAPTER 3 KJV

That's the entire context kid.
No kidding. I'm atheist now but I was raised episcopalian. I know the whole passage, and you are cherry picking portions of it and taking it out of context. Paul was laying down some rules to deal with a small group of people who were not just taking advantage of the Christian types generosity but actively abusing it by sowing discord. You are trying to use that single incident to reverse all the other teaching of generosity, charity, and kindness.

As I said, extremely dishonest.

Let's try this again kid....

"10 For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat."

Tell me children, which word in that sentence dictates the meaning of said sentence......think hard....you can do it....
Did you not read my post? I'm not debating what Paul said, I'm saying it was for a specific situation and not to contradict nearly everything else on the subject in the whole Bible. Stop trying to play stupid word games and read what is posted.

• The right to a decent job that pays a living wage
  • The right to quality health care
  • The right to a complete education
  • The right to affordable housing
  • The right to a clean environment
  • The right to a secure retirement
We used to call these the American Dream
Now, it is a concept for Conservatives to fight against

So your Gov is responsible for making your "dream" come true? We are in DEEP trouble in this nation.

A Government of the people, by the people and FOR the people

A famous Republican once said that

So your Gov is responsible for making your "dream" come true?

Government is responsible for acting in the best interests of We the People

Holy crap, really?
You want to make the point that the Daily kos is the great arbiter of what Scripture does, and doesn't say? You need help.
Let the Scripture spe3akfor itself.

"
2 Thessalonians 3:10 New International Version (NIV)

10 For even when we were with you we gave you this rule: “The one who is unwilling to work shall not eat.”"
Does it not occur to you that that single statement is at odds with everything else Jesus and the apostles were teaching and saying? All the rest if their teachings are about helping folks.

"
1 Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you:

2 And that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men: for all men have not faith.

4 And we have confidence in the Lord touching you, that ye both do and will do the things which we command you.

5 And the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God, and into the patient waiting for Christ.

6 Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us.

7 For yourselves know how ye ought to follow us: for we behaved not ourselves disorderly among you;

8 Neither did we eat any man's bread for nought; but wrought with labour and travail night and day, that we might not be chargeable to any of you:

9 Not because we have not power, but to make ourselves an ensample unto you to follow us.

10 For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat.

11 For we hear that there are some which walk among you disorderly, working not at all, but are busybodies.

12 Now them that are such we command and exhort by our Lord Jesus Christ, that with quietness they work, and eat their own bread.'

No kidding. I'm atheist now but I was raised episcopalian. I know the whole passage, and you are cherry picking portions of it and taking it out of context. Paul was laying down some rules to deal with a small group of people who were not just taking advantage of the Christian types generosity but actively abusing it by sowing discord. You are trying to use that single incident to reverse all the other teaching of generosity, charity, and kindness.

"10 For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat."

Tell me children, which word in that sentence dictates the meaning of said sentence......think hard....you can do it....
Did you not read my post? I'm not debating what Paul said, I'm saying it was for a specific situation and not to contradict nearly everything else on the subject in the whole Bible. Stop trying to play stupid word games and read what is posted.

Sorry kid, in your knee jerk need to be a contrairian you refuse to read the passage in context. It in no way contradicts ANYTHING Jesus says, in fact it confirms what YOU said.

I'll ask again WHICH word in the sentence determines the meaning of the entire text, take a breath and "READ" it contextually.

Concentrate, which WORD determines the context?

We used to call these the American Dream
Now, it is a concept for Conservatives to fight against

So your Gov is responsible for making your "dream" come true? We are in DEEP trouble in this nation.

A Government of the people, by the people and FOR the people

A famous Republican once said that

So your Gov is responsible for making your "dream" come true?

Government is responsible for acting in the best interests of We the People

You're dancing and dodging. Just say it, is Govt "responsible" for making YOUR dream come true? Own it, say what you mean.

"

Sorry kid, in your knee jerk need to be a contrairian you refuse to read the passage in context. It in no way contradicts ANYTHING Jesus says, in fact it confirms what YOU said.

I'll ask again WHICH word in the sentence determines the meaning of the entire text, take a breath and "READ" it contextually.

I give up. You are too thoroughly indoctrinated to reason with.

Have a nice day.

The Bill of Rights that establishes once and for all that every American, regardless of his or her income in entitled to:

OMG!

I can see why conservatives would be outraged
At whose expense, Karl?

So, how are our workers doing compared to the wealth they create?

real-gdp-per-worker-versus-real-median-wage-1979q1-to-2016q2-rev.png

This is what Bernie is complaining about

A workers slice of the pie has diminished since 1980
Their ability to obtain the basics they once took for granted, has diminished

So who is our government helping?
Tax cuts for corporations and the wealthy

"

I give up. You are too thoroughly indoctrinated to reason with.

Have a nice day.

You give up because you refuse to accept anything you don't like.

I'll help you because context seems to be beyond your ability.

Which WORD determines the context of the sentence?
I'm sorry it's beyond you, I'll help you.
Here is the key word....not. That single word determines the entire text, it also confirms what YOU said. You just needed to argue with me even though we were saying the exact same thing.

The Bill of Rights that establishes once and for all that every American, regardless of his or her income in entitled to:

OMG!

At whose expense, Karl?
Well, it can go two ways

The employers can step up and look out for those who create their wealth
The taxpayer can fill the void so employers profits are not impacted

OMG!

Wanna point out specifically where in the BOR these fantasy right are enumerated?

No, Bernie Sanders is not looking to modify the Bill of Rights or add new rights

He is looking for government to acknowledge basic rights of its citizens. Policies should be written to encourage these basic rights not to discourage them.
They aren't rights.

OMG!

Wanna point out specifically where in the BOR these fantasy right are enumerated?

No, Bernie Sanders is not looking to modify the Bill of Rights or add new rights

He is looking for government to acknowledge basic rights of its citizens. Policies should be written to encourage these basic rights not to discourage them.
They aren't rights.
Vote Bernie and they will be

OMG!

They aren't rights.
Elections don't determine rights, moron.

OMG!

They aren't rights.
Imagine having a Government standing up for the rights of working Americans instead of the super wealthy?

They aren't rights.
Imagine having a Government standing up for the rights of working Americans instead of the super wealthy?
That government will be indistinguishable from the government of the Soviet Union under Stalin. It's based on the exact same principles.

OMG!

At whose expense, Karl?
Well, it can go two ways

The employers can step up and look out for those who create their wealth
The taxpayer can fill the void so employers profits are not impacted
OK...So your "rights" involve depriving one person of their liberty and property, in order for you to get yours.

That's not a "right", Karl....That's expropriation.

They aren't rights.
Imagine answering without a meaningless platitude.

Let’s look at this graph

upload_2019-6-16_11-19-50.png

What happened in 1980?

That is when our country began its commitment to Supply Side Economics
Shows that the Trickle Down to the workers never happened

The employers just kept the money

They aren't rights.
Imagine answering without a meaningless platitude.
It’s the sad truth

New Topics

Forum List

Back