Bernie Sanders’s Single-Payer Health Care Plan FAILED in Vermont

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vigilante

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2014
Waiting on the Cowardly Dante!!
Daily Beast ^ | 01/25/2016 | PATRICIA MURPHY
When Sen. Bernie Sanders regales his campaign crowds with a portrait of The Way Things Are Going to Be, his "Medicare for All" program takes center stage. In a Sanders administration, the candidate promises, every man, woman, and child in America will share in a government-run, government funded health-care system. But the single payer system that Sanders is evangelizing isnt just a figment of progressive utopian fantasies. Single payer health care has already been tried and failed in Sanders's home state of Vermont, --SNIP-- the cost for the program, an estimated $4.3 billion a year, almost the size of the...

12654259_1104392386246867_6033123958661904661_n.jpg

That was the governor and the state legislature, not Sanders -- who was by then in the Senate.

Your own link spells that out. Perhaps you should, y'know, actually read these things.

And it didn't "fail" --- it never even started. The link spells that out too.

Liberals never admit failure. They will pat themselves on the back for their supposed good intentions and then claim it didn't work because they didn't throw enough money at it. Or they will claim that the wealthy is at fault somehow. It's always the same. We watch cities fall apart because of liberal policies and all they can think about is taking those same policies national. We could have a national healthcare system falling apart, like Vermont, or a crime-ridden country with high murder rates, like Chicago, if we would only let liberals do as they please. When everything goes to shit, they will find someone else to blame and still manage to think they are smart.

Bernie thinks that everyone will continue to work hard and create wealth even if he starts taking it from them. No understanding of human nature or how the market works. I think liberals are so used to dealing with the mindless sheep who follow them that they can't fathom people who still have a mind and a will of their own.

Liberals never admit failure. They will pat themselves on the back for their supposed good intentions and then claim it didn't work because they didn't throw enough money at it. Or they will claim that the wealthy is at fault somehow. It's always the same. We watch cities fall apart because of liberal policies and all they can think about is taking those same policies national. We could have a national healthcare system falling apart, like Vermont, or a crime-ridden country with high murder rates, like Chicago, if we would only let liberals do as they please. When everything goes to shit, they will find someone else to blame and still manage to think they are smart.

Bernie thinks that everyone will continue to work hard and create wealth even if he starts taking it from them. No understanding of human nature or how the market works. I think liberals are so used to dealing with the mindless sheep who follow them that they can't fathom people who still have a mind and a will of their own.

Once again for the slow readers ---- it didn't "not work" ............ it was never implemented. The entire headline is bullshit. The OP's own link spells that out. Where it says at the beginning that such a plan "has been tried and failed in Vermont" is flat out horse shit. And the writer's own article proves it.

Apparently not only is the OP too stupid to read his own article, but the writer of the article is too stupid to read her own self-contradiction within that article.

Daily Beast ^ | 01/25/2016 | PATRICIA MURPHY
When Sen. Bernie Sanders regales his campaign crowds with a portrait of The Way Things Are Going to Be, his "Medicare for All" program takes center stage. In a Sanders administration, the candidate promises, every man, woman, and child in America will share in a government-run, government funded health-care system. But the single payer system that Sanders is evangelizing isnt just a figment of progressive utopian fantasies. Single payer health care has already been tried and failed in Sanders's home state of Vermont, --SNIP-- the cost for the program, an estimated $4.3 billion a year, almost the size of the...

12654259_1104392386246867_6033123958661904661_n.jpg

1. A House and Senate that will most likely be GOP will end this debate.

2. Read one again.

• Banned
That was the governor and the state legislature, not Sanders -- who was by then in the Senate.

Your own link spells that out. Perhaps you should, y'know, actually read these things.

If it didn't start, it FAILED.... and Bernie didn't have to be their when it failed, he backed it!

If it didn't start, it FAILED....

It can't "fail" if it never existed.

Think about it. And I know that's asking a lot.

and Bernie didn't have to be their when it failed, he backed it!

He did huh?

Link?

Last edited:
  • Banned

If it didn't start, it FAILED.... and Bernie didn't have to be their when it failed, he backed it!

Of course it existed, or we wouldn't be writing about it! I just LOVE bitch slappin' your fucking dumb ass!

It didn't exist.

What you're talking about is a proposal, not an implemented program.

The proposal is abstract. The implemented program is concrete.

The proposal was rejected. It failed. As a result there never was a program, therefore the program could not possibly have failed.

Clearly the wingnuts' posts in this thread are fails.

Of course it existed, or we wouldn't be writing about it! I just LOVE bitch slappin' your fucking dumb ass!

It did huh?

>> the proposal collapsed under its own weight last year before it was ever implemented. <<

That's from your own link.
This is why I suggest you try actually reading the crapola you post, before it comes back to bite you.

It did huh?

>> the proposal collapsed under its own weight last year before it was ever implemented. <<

This is why I suggest you try actually reading the crapola you post, before it comes back to bite you.

As stated IT FAILED..... I believe you need a mental health professional to straighten you out, OCDGirl....awaiting your next bit of hilarity!

It did huh?

As stated IT FAILED..... I believe you need a mental health professional to straighten you out, OCDGirl....awaiting your next bit of hilarity!

What "failed", Pissy? A program that never started?

Ah, the strange laws of existence on Planet Hackitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back