Bernie Sanders is right to be mad

CLASS warfare is all these Democrat/progressives have to run on. They just fell out of grace with the people under obama, yet here they are with the same ole same. Pitting people against each in this country with this (green eyed monster spewing). And it's not just him, it's Clinton, Warren, Obama, etc etc that's all they have to run on

If a working class person doesn't see that things are skewed against him and for the 1 percent(polutocracy), then that working person is truly an idiot. The only fear the 1 percent has is that more people start waking up to this fact. The GOP has only the theory that trickle down works for everyone. Fact is it does not. So if things stay this way, then don't bitch about people on gov't assistance. You have no gripe.

Here's the thing.

When left wingers talk about income inequality, their answer is, "Tax the rich more". Punish the innocent and the guilty alike. Treat the symptom rather than cure the disease.

When right wingers talk about income inequality, their answer is, "Problem? What problem? I see no problem!"

Every one of these income inequality topics is a sitcom re-run.

Name one country where income inequality does not exist.

If a working class person doesn't see that things are skewed against him and for the 1 percent(polutocracy), then that working person is truly an idiot. The only fear the 1 percent has is that more people start waking up to this fact. The GOP has only the theory that trickle down works for everyone. Fact is it does not. So if things stay this way, then don't bitch about people on gov't assistance. You have no gripe.

good grief, how old are you? We've always had a 1%. If you're so envious it's up to YOU to try a make your life the 1%. no one else it going to do it for you. You can be damn sure Bernie Sanders isn't going to do it for you.

Here's the thing.

When left wingers talk about income inequality, their answer is, "Tax the rich more". Punish the innocent and the guilty alike. Treat the symptom rather than cure the disease.

When right wingers talk about income inequality, their answer is, "Problem? What problem? I see no problem!"

Name one country where income inequality does not exist.
Who said income inequality is a problem in of itself.

Now, how about realizing that the extremely rich are still here (and what they own is increasing) but the middle class is almost a memory.

THAT kind of income inequality IS a problem - particularly for a consumer based economy.

Here's the thing.

The rich should be taxed harshly until trickle down finally begins to work as advertised.
The reality is that it will never happen - your idea of what trickle down working will never come to pass. 'Harshly taxing' the rich will not accomplish what you seem to think it will though - they will still be extremely rich. More than likely, they will get even MORE wealthy. Yet your answer will continue to be punish those that have more than you - a failed idea.
I want to punish those who sold us a promise that giving big tax breaks to the rich stimulates the economy and creates good jobs. God damn what a monstrous joke on America supply-side economics has been.
Of course you do. "Punish" away. You are never going to punish shit though because the rich have the mans to avoid it. More importantly, they WANT you to punish them - you do so by shifting ever increasing power and money to the government - a government that they are intimately involved in running.

Until you realize THAT reality nothing is going to change and you are simply going to feed the beast what it wants.

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.
But, on this, he is dead accurate. And despite a seemingly leftist President in office and a super-majority Democrat house -- the earnings gap is accelerating faster than ever.
It is good to be wealthy in America now. We have had two Presidents in a row who are AWOL when it comes to the economy. And Obama is far more interested in making political points with half truths and twisted data than to face the highest threat to the average American - corporatism and the corruption of the Fed/Wall Street/Central Banks.
He has been the greatest friend to Wall Street than any other President - Period.
And his sheepish supporters are too dumb to even notice

The democrats are the MINORITY party in the House. They lost the majority in the 2010 election.

Here's the thing.

Then you haven't been paying attention.

How many times has the president and democrats said they want to raise the minimum wage?

It's been an issue for several years now but the republicans refuse to allow an increase.

Raising the minimum wage would help with the income equality. No it won't solve the problem. There is no one solution to the problem. However it is a step in the right direction.

Instead of making statements that aren't true, how about supporting politicians who will actually do something about income inequality?

Here's a clue, no republican is ever going to do anything to reverse the gap in income. It's republican economic policies that have cause the problem.

Deregulation, low or no taxes for the ultra rich and low wages for workers has gotten us to this point. Democrats aren't the party of deregulation, low wages and low to no taxes for the ultra rich. That would be the republican party that has done that.

The problem is big business calls the shots and tells the gov't what to do. They send their lobbyists with wads of cash and do the work to get the laws written. Until they are reigned in, things will only get worse. Trickle down will mean the trickle runs out. BTW I'm 76 years old, been retired for 10 years. Loving my social security and Medicare which to me are vital and necessary for this nation to survive.

Here's the thing.

Then you haven't been paying attention.

How many times has the president and democrats said they want to raise the minimum wage?

It's been an issue for several years now but the republicans refuse to allow an increase.

Raising the minimum wage would help with the income equality. No it won't solve the problem. There is no one solution to the problem. However it is a step in the right direction.

Instead of making statements that aren't true, how about supporting politicians who will actually do something about income inequality?

Here's a clue, no republican is ever going to do anything to reverse the gap in income. It's republican economic policies that have cause the problem.

Deregulation, low or no taxes for the ultra rich and low wages for workers has gotten us to this point. Democrats aren't the party of deregulation, low wages and low to no taxes for the ultra rich. That would be the republican party that has done that.

Wow your level of knowledge on the subject has a lot in common with the Mariana Trench.
Democrats aren't the party of deregulation eh?
Ok...so have you ever heard of Larry Summers? I suggest you read up.
Next you need to read about Robert Rubin. He was Clinton's Sec'y of Treasurer.
That will be a good place to start.
At that point, your mind will hopefully clear the partisan cobwebs that plague your senses and you can speak on this with a bit more clarity.
Both parties are equally corrupt and have no interest in representing the average American. - until you can agree with this statement, you should not post on this subject again.

Bernie Sanders is right to be outraged - The Washington Post

Good story...I hope the people respond and elect him president.
Sanders isn't going to be president, he isn't even going to run.

And the article is essentially correct: no one cares about the 'one percent,' no one cares who owns how much of what.

Americans will continue to respond by moving further toward disengaged apathy.
I think he will run...If people want real change so the government works for everyone instead of those 1% that buy the elections they will elect him.

Here's the thing.

The rich should be taxed harshly until trickle down finally begins to work as advertised.
Thats worked really well in France.
Dolt.

Forum List

Back