Bernie Sanders introduces 'Stop BEZOS' bill

A Better Way to Promote Growth
Corporate welfare must come to an end if we want an economy which best fulfills its purpose, improving the lives of the most amount of people. The truth is that good businesses simply do not need the state’s handouts. Only bad ones do. If legislators truly wish to see their community grow and develop, they would be wise to pursue other reforms.

The best path for a legislature to take is to get themselves out of the private sector’s way. Economic growth is slowed, halted, or even reversed when the state taxes, regulates, or otherwise violates private property rights. Removing licensing laws, lowering taxes, and repealing burdensome regulations would all be great choices to accelerate economic development and promote the welfare of local communities. Crucially, these reforms should be as generally applicable as possible to avoid the same harmful and distorting effects of the current corporate welfare programs.

"Economic Development" Is a Corporate Welfare Scheme | Nathan Keeble

[
The pretend economist who doesn’t know that good capitalism has as little government involvement is back. You crack me up!

DERP.

Fucking moron.

EYE IZ A FREEEEEE MARCUT CAPADILIAC JES AZ LONG AS GUBMINT IS CONTROLLING IT...

You don't know what capitalism is, retard.
Says the guy who thinks more government involvement is good capitalism.

If you only had a brain...

iu
If only you understood free market capitalism.

How Corporate Welfare Undermines Real Free Enterprise | Charles Koch Institute

Mitchell’s fellow panelists agreed. Alison Fraser, managing director of research and policy at the Charles Koch Institute, explained that local governments often compete for new businesses by offering tax credits and other subsidies rather than by working towards making the economic climate more market-friendly for all participants. For those looking to succeed in the marketplace, “it’s one of the most frustrating things,” Fraser noted.

While such government intervention may look appealing in the short term, it carries large economic implications in the long term, added Tim Carney, columnist for the Washington Examiner: “The biggest expansions of government were done at the request of big business.” As for why corporate welfare often goes unaddressed in the national economic conversation, Carney pointed to the difficulty in recognizing it. “The costs are in the distortions,” he said, “and it’s almost impossible to see.”

Uh... ok. Well you were saying I vigorously defend and promote taxes - which is pure horseshit. Is this more of your trolling because I refuse to support Trump?

You are in this thread howling about not just the idea of tax breaks as stimulus, but the lowering of taxes. You threw out your newly WOKE bullshit that lowering taxes is bad because "our children will pay for them."

I don't know what the fuck 'WOKE' is or what you're yammering about. Either way, quote it or STFU.

Tell me, what would you view as a "fair" tax of corporate profits, 90%? 95%?

I don't think there should BE a corporate tax. Did you get into daniel's stash?

That's funny, given your woke outrage at tax cuts. Weren't you just pushing the Bernie line that we better not cut taxes, or our children will pay for them?

Nope. I'm complaining about how the government plays all these games with the tax code to extend its power over society. They keep us jumping through hoops like trained seals, just to get a little bit of our money back. It's a disgusting abuse of state power. Maybe you like that kind of government. I don't.

Forum List

Back