Bernie Sanders (I) open to 2016 Presidential run

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
Bernie Sanders Open To 2016 Presidential Run

And I'd vote for him.

"Anyone who really, really wants to be president is slightly crazy because this is an unbelievably difficult job given the crises that this country faces today."

Nevertheless, Sanders said that there needs to be a 2016 candidate who will go after Wall Street, focus on poverty and the collapse of the middle class, address global warming and oppose cuts to Social Security and Medicare -- all issues that Sanders has taken on while in the Senate.

And according to the Free Press, "Sanders says he is willing to consider making a run if no one else with progressive views similar to his ends up taking the plunge."

"Under normal times, it's fine, you have a moderate Democrat running, a moderate Republican running," Sanders said. "These are not normal times. The United States right now is in the middle of a severe crisis and you have to call it what it is."

Sanders said he would probably run as an independent.

As much as I'd love to see Bernie as President, it's simply not going to happen. He's way too old.

That being said, I'd vote for him over pretty much anyone.

Bernie Sanders Open To 2016 Presidential Run

And I'd vote for him.

"Anyone who really, really wants to be president is slightly crazy because this is an unbelievably difficult job given the crises that this country faces today."

Nevertheless, Sanders said that there needs to be a 2016 candidate who will go after Wall Street, focus on poverty and the collapse of the middle class, address global warming and oppose cuts to Social Security and Medicare -- all issues that Sanders has taken on while in the Senate.

And according to the Free Press, "Sanders says he is willing to consider making a run if no one else with progressive views similar to his ends up taking the plunge."

"Under normal times, it's fine, you have a moderate Democrat running, a moderate Republican running," Sanders said. "These are not normal times. The United States right now is in the middle of a severe crisis and you have to call it what it is."

Sanders said he would probably run as an independent.

Two words.

Ralph Nader.

Sanders will never be President. And a vote for Sanders is a wasted vote.

Well i guess than means that the Hillary Machine is fast at work digging up dirt on Sanders.

He should have waited, now they have more time to ruin him.

This could be what starts the change, though. He runs independent, splits the dem vote most likely. The GOP runs one, so does the TPM.

I mean, does the TPM have to be declared a party before they can run someone? What if Ron Paul had run as something other than GOP? Honestly, he probably would have gone much further than he did.

And the issues that Sanders wants brought to the fore aren’t just of concern to people in the country who are left-leaning, Sanders said, pointing to a recently released Hart Research Associates poll that showed most voters said they opposed offsetting the sequester by making cuts in Medicare, Medicaid or Social Security.

“Every one of these issues is supported by the American people,” he said. “They’re supported by the people of Vermont, but you know what? They’re supported by the people of Mississippi, I believe. So you have to ask yourself, how does it happen that you have the president in a free republic talking about cutting social security, Medicare and Medicaid when a poll comes out that over 70 percent of the people do not want that?”

And President Barack Obama has done some damage to the progressive brand in this particular case, Sanders said.

“I have a lot of respect for President Obama, who has a very, very, very tough job, to say the least. But I think that just in one area there is a lot of disappointment that he has voluntarily initiated the idea that he would be prepared to cut Social Security and Medicare,” he said. “And it’s very clear that for millions of Americans that is extremely disappointing.”

Read more: Bernie Sanders on 2016: I?d run if I could win - Mackenzie Weinger - POLITICO.com

Forum List

Back