Bernie Sanders' 100% Tax:

Is it your impression that it costs nothing?

Just as a reminder, we were not discussing the existing system, but your flat tax. How would you implement it?
What you don’t seem to get is that Apple pays NO INCOME TAX. Zero, zilch, nada, -0-. If you don’t understand that, this conversation is over.

Once you’ve grasped that, let’s get back to your flat tax. Kindly explain how collecting $3,000 from 6,877,777 individuals is more cost effective than collecting $20.6 billion from one corporation.

Tell me how do you think the IRS collects taxes?
You seem to be under the impression that agents go door to door

The vast majority of income tax collection is done via electronic transfer so if we implemented a flat tax nothing would change except the amounts sent in so it would not cost any more to collect tax than it does now so it doesn't matter if apple sends its tax in and a million other people have it sent in by their employer. What does cost money is the current system where employers collect tax, send it in and then the government gives it all back to nearly 50% of all earners

And I understand perfectly well that some corps pay no tax but the flat tax eliminates that So it's you who doesn't seem to grasp the concept

Yes, I do know how income taxes are collected. But I still know that 1 is less than 6,877,777. I also know that not everyone (particularly someone below the poverty line) has access to a computer, and even those who do may not pay their taxes electronically. (I'm betting if you polled members here you'd find the tinfoil hat types won't use electronic filing because - oh, I don't know - they think the government can activate the chips in their brains if they do.)

And what do you think happens to those forms - either electronic or paper - when the IRS gets them? Do they file themselves? Does the revenue magically deposit itself in the IRS account?

Start at the beginning. How do tax forms reach the taxpayer? Do they send themselves out? You need people to do that. People who earn salaries that you, the taxpayer, pay them. One person can monitor Apple. How many people would you have to pay to track down everyone below the poverty line so you can squeeze a few bucks out of them?

The real issue here is that you, like most RWs, are terrified of upsetting the major corporations that provide you with such essentials as iPhones.

Don't own an i phone.

Where did I ever say corps should not pay taxes? I am saying ALL earned income should be taxed at the same rate just as every gallon of gas is taxed at the same rate regardless of who buys it.

Why do you think some people should not pay income tax?

Do you think some people should not pay the gas tax or any other federal tax as well?

If there is going to be an income tax then ALL income should be taxed not just some peoples' income

if you earn a dollar then you should pay tax on that dollar

It seems to me you want the individual income tax done away with and that's fine with me but you seem to think that taxing businesses will be able to replace all that lost revenue

It won't

No. I'm saying "start at the top; it's more cost effective."

Start with everyone across the board it's the only fair and equitable way. Collecting a flat tax will cost less than it does now

Start where, though? Top, bottom, middle? Individuals first or corporations first?

Before you do anything else, you'll need to eliminate deductions, individual as well as corporate. No offshore accounts. Bring all that revenue back to the States. Good luck with that.

Before you do anything else, you'll need to eliminate deductions, individual as well as corporate. No offshore accounts. Bring all that revenue back to the States. Good luck with that.

dear, deductions are simply tax breaks for liberal special interest groups. There will be millions of deductions until we switch to Republican capitalism.

Tell me how do you think the IRS collects taxes?
You seem to be under the impression that agents go door to door

The vast majority of income tax collection is done via electronic transfer so if we implemented a flat tax nothing would change except the amounts sent in so it would not cost any more to collect tax than it does now so it doesn't matter if apple sends its tax in and a million other people have it sent in by their employer. What does cost money is the current system where employers collect tax, send it in and then the government gives it all back to nearly 50% of all earners

And I understand perfectly well that some corps pay no tax but the flat tax eliminates that So it's you who doesn't seem to grasp the concept

Yes, I do know how income taxes are collected. But I still know that 1 is less than 6,877,777. I also know that not everyone (particularly someone below the poverty line) has access to a computer, and even those who do may not pay their taxes electronically. (I'm betting if you polled members here you'd find the tinfoil hat types won't use electronic filing because - oh, I don't know - they think the government can activate the chips in their brains if they do.)

And what do you think happens to those forms - either electronic or paper - when the IRS gets them? Do they file themselves? Does the revenue magically deposit itself in the IRS account?

Start at the beginning. How do tax forms reach the taxpayer? Do they send themselves out? You need people to do that. People who earn salaries that you, the taxpayer, pay them. One person can monitor Apple. How many people would you have to pay to track down everyone below the poverty line so you can squeeze a few bucks out of them?

The real issue here is that you, like most RWs, are terrified of upsetting the major corporations that provide you with such essentials as iPhones.

Don't own an i phone.

Where did I ever say corps should not pay taxes? I am saying ALL earned income should be taxed at the same rate just as every gallon of gas is taxed at the same rate regardless of who buys it.

Why do you think some people should not pay income tax?

Do you think some people should not pay the gas tax or any other federal tax as well?

If there is going to be an income tax then ALL income should be taxed not just some peoples' income

if you earn a dollar then you should pay tax on that dollar

It seems to me you want the individual income tax done away with and that's fine with me but you seem to think that taxing businesses will be able to replace all that lost revenue

It won't

No. I'm saying "start at the top; it's more cost effective."

Start with everyone across the board it's the only fair and equitable way. Collecting a flat tax will cost less than it does now

Start where, though? Top, bottom, middle? Individuals first or corporations first?

You don't have to eliminate off shore accounts or repatriate any money if we were smart we would let people bring all that money back into the country tax free then start taxing them on the gains

and tell me when the income tax was initially instated was it only for the rich or corps or was everyone with an income liable at the same time

dear, deductions are simply tax breaks for liberal special interest groups. There will be millions of deductions until we switch to Republican capitalism.

Yeah, it's those damn liberal homeowners and charities that are killing us.

dear, deductions are simply tax breaks for liberal special interest groups. There will be more and more thousands of deductions until we switch to efficient Republican capitalism wherein value is determined by the market, not by lib fascist politicians granting advantages to special interest groups.

You don't have to eliminate off shore accounts or repatriate any money if we were smart we would let people bring all that money back into the country tax free then start taxing them on the gains

and tell me when the income tax was initially instated was it only for the rich or corps or was everyone with an income liable at the same time

You think those with offshore accounts will bring their revenue back into the country voluntarily? I don't.

Also, you already know the answer to existing income tax rates vis-a-vis the middle class as well as corporations and the wealthy, but you and I have been discussing your proposed flat tax. Would you like to discuss existing rates now or stick with a hypothetical flat rate?

You think those with offshore accounts will bring their revenue back into the country voluntarily? I don't.

they bring it where it gets the highest returns. Do you have the IQ to understand! The liberal wants to deny the freedom of people and capital because he lacks the IQ to understand how freedom works.

they bring it where it gets the highest returns. Do you have the IQ to understand! The liberal wants to deny the freedom of people and capital because he lacks the IQ to understand how freedom works.

Post that a few more times.

money goes where it gets the highest returns and thus increases our standard of living at the fastest rate possible unless liberal soviets fools interfere. Do you have the IQ to understand! The liberal wants to deny the freedom of people and capital because he lacks the IQ to understand how freedom works.

money goes where it gets the highest returns and thus increases our standard of living at the fastest rate possible unless liberal soviets fools interfere. Do you have the IQ to understand! The liberal wants to deny the freedom of people and capital because he lacks the IQ to understand how freedom works.

Post it again.

Post it again.

money goes where it gets the highest returns and thus increases our standard of living at the fastest rate possible, unless liberal soviet fools interfere. Do you have the IQ to understand! The liberal wants to deny the freedom of people and capital because he lacks the IQ to understand how freedom works.

Forum List

Back