Bernanke Renomination and Senate Confirmation Hearings Started Today

Si modo

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fairfax, Virginia
The Bernanke renomination and Senate confirmation hearings started today. This is for a four year term as Federal Reserve Chairman. Bernanke's hands are not necessarily dirty with respect to the housing collapse, but his record of mismanagement is not a stellar record and he could have done so much more to at least lessen the impact of this on the economy. But he has not learned a thing from this as he is promoting Term Asset-backed Loan Facility (TALF - more make-believe credit), a program that will further devalue the dollar.

Bernanke only has a 21% approval rating.

Senator Sanders of Vermont [IND] did put a hold on his renomination today, a good move, but all that did was delay the start of the hearings.

With such an approval rating and record I am stunned that the administration has nominated Bernanke for another four years. The Senate should do the right thing and give Bernanke his walking papers.

Last edited:
The Bernanke renomination and Senate confirmation hearings started today. This is for a four year term as Federal Reserve Chairman. Bernanke's hands are not necessarily dirty with respect to the housing collapse, but his record of mismanagement is not stellar and he could have done so much more to at least lessen the impact of this on the economy. But he has not learned a thing from this as he is promoting Term Asset-backed Loan Facility (TALF - more make-believe credit), a program that will further devalue the dollar.

Bernanke only has a 21% approval rating.

Senator Sanders of Vermont [IND] did put a hold on his renomination today, a good move, but all that did was delay the start of the hearings.

With such an approval rating and record I am stunned that the administration has nominated Bernanke for another four years. The Senate should do the right thing and give Bernanke his walking papers.

Thanks and agreed.

With such an approval rating and record I am stunned that the administration has nominated Bernanke

hitler had a pretty good rating at one time.

With such an approval rating and record I am stunned that the administration has nominated Bernanke

Your approval rating could use some help too. Now run along, we are discussing Bernanke.

Bernanke's actions look to reduce the scope and influence of the Federal Reserve. Further it will politicize the board if Congress makes the changes suggested. Obama kept him because of the uncertainty at the time. Now might be a good time for a new person.

Your approval rating could use some help too. Now run along, we are discussing Bernanke.

Bernanke's actions look to reduce the scope and influence of the Federal Reserve. Further it will politicize the board if Congress makes the changes suggested. Obama kept him because of the uncertainty at the time. Now might be a good time for a new person.

i often have to explain things to some repubs. someone appeared to intimate that bernanke should be fired because he has a low approval rating. my reply: hitler had a good rating at one time. meaning that an approval rating doesn't always mean anything.

i often have to explain things to some repubs. someone appeared to intimate that bernanke should be fired because he has a low approval rating. my reply: hitler had a good rating at one time. meaning that an approval rating doesn't always mean anything.

do we have to spell things out to some repubs because they are stupid or because they are ignorant and lazy?

Please post Hitler's approval ratings.
I am not republican.
Maybe Bernanke's rating is a reflection of the job he has done.
Your going to have to earn any further posts from me. Make some good ones and we'll see.

I am not republican.
Your going to have to earn any further posts from me. Make some good ones and we'll see.

well, you sound like a repub. the nazis won two elections.

I am not republican.

yes, maybe is the key word there. and maybe most americans are intelligent.

I am not republican.

well, you sound like a repub. the nazis won two elections.
iseedumbpeople.jpg

If this guy gets confirmed,you know the apocalypse is now upon us. In the real world people get fired for being incompetent failures. This is the guy who caused our terrible economic meltdown and it really is shocking that anyone would support keeping him on. Bernanke,Dodd,and Frank have not been held accountable for their disastrous failures and that's the biggest tragedy in this. In fact Bernanke is likely to get a raise for being a dismal failure. Oh well,i guess our Government no longer lives in the real world at this point. How sad.

New Topics

Forum List

Back