Bernanke Admits Printing $1.3 Trillion Out Of Thin Air

Jos

Rookie
Feb 6, 2010
Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke admitted the central bank created $1.3 trillion out of thin air to buy mortgage backed securities. This shocking admission came from the Joint Economic Committee hearing on Capital Hill last week. I was dumbfounded when I saw Bernanke shake his head in the affirmative as Representative Ron Paul said, “Well, where did you get the money? You created this money. So you did monetize debt, and that went into the banking system.” I was amazed he admitted this. I looked up the original hearing on C-Span to make sure the clip was not edited. It was not.

What is even more shocking is I could not find a single mainstream news agency that covered this revelation. Congress just finished voting on the bitterly contested Obama health care bill that is supposed to cost nearly a trillion dollars over ten years. (Some contend it will be more than twice that amount.) The mainstream media doesn’t even bat an eye over the Fed creating $1.3 trillion in a little more than a year to buy worthless debt no one else will touch. I do not get it. I guess we could have asked the Fed to print up a trillion dollars to pay for health care and avoided that drawn out battle in Congress.
Fed Money Printing Of $1.3 trillion Inflation & Gold To Rise | Greg Hunter?s USAWatchdog

Another grossly stupid post from somebody who is so damn ignorant that he does not have a clue. What's up here? Did you all graduate from the same school of stupid?

Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke admitted the central bank created $1.3 trillion out of thin air to buy mortgage backed securities. This shocking admission ..................

I have run across really stupid people before, but to find five or more on this forum all at the same time just makes me laugh and laugh and laugh. Unbelievable stupidity.

Last edited:
  • Banned
Another grossly stupid post from somebody who is so damn ignorant that he does not have a clue. What's up here? Did you all graduate from the same school of stupid?

Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke admitted the central bank created $1.3 trillion out of thin air to buy mortgage backed securities. This shocking admission ..................

I have run across really stupid people before, but to find five or more on this forum all at the same time just makes me laugh and laugh and laugh. Unbelievable stupidity.
Are you suggesting it's not true?

Totally untrue. The FED does not print money. The Treasury does. If the United States wants to spend money that it does not have, it floats Bonds and Notes or raises taxes. The FED does not float Bonds and Notes, and it most obviously does not raise taxes.

Only nincompoops come on this board and claim that the FED is printing our money and pressing our coins.

If you have a problem with Congress spending too much money you do not blame the FED. You blame Congress.

Last edited:

Totally untrue. The FED does not print money. The Treasury does. If the United States wants to spend money that it does not have, it floats Bonds and Notes or raises taxes. The FED does not float Bonds and Notes, and it most obviously does not raise taxes.

Only nincompoops come on this board and claim that the FED is printing our money and pressing our coins.

If you have a problem with Congress spending too much money you do not blame the FED. You blame Congress.

Hey retard, you do realize that when the phrase "print money" is used in reference to the Fed, it's not actually meant LITERALLY?

The Fed creates brand new dollars and electronically enters them onto their balance sheet to use for purchasing securities in their open market operations. This is the most significant power the institution has.

The Federal Reserve increased the monetary base by just about the amount mentioned in this thread. After September of 2008, every single dollar they created was not sterilized by the sale of other assets. It was all inflationary.

You haven't the slightest fucking clue how the Federal Reserve works, yet you think they're God's gift.

Please do me a favor and stop discussing these subjects.

Last edited:

Hey retard, you do realize that when the phrase "print money" is used in reference to the Fed, it's not actually meant LITERALLY?

The Fed creates brand new dollars and electronically enters them onto their balance sheet to use for purchasing securities in their open market operations. This is the most significant power the institution has.

The Federal Reserve increased the monetary base by just about the amount mentioned in this thread. After September of 2008, every single dollar they created was not sterilized by the sale of other assets. It was all inflationary.

You haven't the slightest fucking clue how the Federal Reserve works, yet you think they're God's gift.

Please do me a favor and stop discussing these subjects.

Paulie you are easily the most dishonest and stupid piece of shit I have ever run across in my life. I had to explain to you over and over and over and over that the FED does not print money. It has taken you a year to finally understand. Damn, are you absolutely dumber than shit!

Now, you bandy forth nonsensical crud and pretend that you know something about economics. I have seen that you do not know one thing about the Fed or how finance works.

Calling me a retard because you are so ignorant is laughable. I will make the same offer I made you a year ago. Put forth $ 100,000 in an escrow account and you and I can go take the same Stanford University IQ test. I will pay you $ 10,000 for each point you beat me by and you can do the same if I beat you. Or should I say, "When I beat you!"?

I will take that $100,000 from you and you will owe me a lot more. You are so fucking dumb it is laughable. Why do you even bother to post when you are so ignorant?

Go post on a racist board since that is the one thing you appear to be an authority on. Granted, they will never remove all of the minorities for your pleasure, but you can always dream about it.

Neubarth said:
blah blah blah I know a sum total of jack plus SHIT about the Federal Reserve blah blah blah

That's all you had to say.

Put forth $ 100,000 in an escrow account and you and I can go take the same Stanford University IQ test. I will pay you $ 10,000 for each point you beat me by and you can do the same if I beat you.

A challenge!!!!! :clap2:

A typical face-saving effort after realizing you've just made yourself look like a complete dimwit.

I don't get the point of this thread though.

It's not exactly a secret that the Fed created that money.

All one needs to do is look at their asset purchase programs and see that they have increased bank reserves by about that much, without selling any assets to offset the inflationary increases.

Paul's been grilling Bernanke like that for years now.

Put forth $ 100,000 in an escrow account and you and I can go take the same Stanford University IQ test. I will pay you $ 10,000 for each point you beat me by and you can do the same if I beat you.

A typical face-saving effort after realizing you've just made yourself look like a complete dimwit.
The offer stands you disgusting sucking turd. Not only will I beat you intellectually, but I will kick your faggot ass all over the place. Criminally minded pieces of shit like you think you can lie and lie all of the time about the FED and the other posters on this forum. Well, I am calling your bluff. Either "man up or chicken out" cause I am ready to kick your lying ass. If I can knock a guy out with one punch with 14 ounce gloves on, just think of the bone damage my fists could do to your skull without the gloves on. I'm taking my gloves off. Tell me where to meet you.

I dare you to face up to me. YOU don't know what you are talking about. You never have and you never will. You are just a total low IQ queer geek infesting this board with your insane nonsense about how gold is the god of Ron Paul and Schiff and Shit like you.

You look like a faggot coward to me.

Come on you lying ass, tell the people the reality of the Fed! What is their charter? What purpose do they serve? Can they print money? If so, how much have they printed?

I f the assets of a bank go down in value one trillion dollars, where did the money go? All of this real estate that keeps losing value. Where is the money that has disappeared? How do you save the banks that have lost so much?

In the stock market, when the market crashes by sixty percent and banks are holding forty percent of what they used to hold as an investment and this decreased value prevents the bank from lending out of fear that the bank can go belly up and in turn bankrupt the FDIC. Who is willing to buy those "toxic" assets so the bank's books are not so traumatized? If the FED was not there to save the banks, hundreds of banks would have failed each and every quarter for the past two years. That did not happen thanks to the FED. Europe needs a FED and they do not have one. Our FED system is the greatest genius idea in the history of the world. Technically, we can borrow endlessly from the FED and never have to pay them back. God bless their little hearts.

And my God damn you to hell for lying all of the time. You are a disgusting and ugly excuse for a human being, and a really ignorant one at that.

Last edited:
I don't get the point of this thread though.

It's not exactly a secret that the Fed created that money.

All one needs to do is look at their asset purchase programs and see that they have increased bank reserves by about that much, without selling any assets to offset the inflationary increases.

Paul's been grilling Bernanke like that for years now.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7auQEXTWomA]YouTube - Creature from Jekyll Island 1 of 12[/ame]

The offer stands you disgusting sucking turd. Not only will I beat you intellectually, but I will kick your faggot ass all over the place. Criminally minded pieces of shit like you think you can lie and lie all of the time about the FED and the other posters on this forum. Well, I am calling your bluff. Either "man up or chicken out" cause I am ready to kick your lying ass. If I can knock a guy out with one punch with 14 ounce gloves on, just think of the bone damage my fists could do to your skull without the gloves on. I'm taking my gloves off. Tell me where to meet you.

I dare you to face up to me. YOU don't know what you are talking about. You never have and you never will. You are just a total low IQ queer geek infesting this board with your insane nonsense about how gold is the god of Ron Paul and Schiff and Shit like you.

You look like a faggot coward to me.

Come on you lying ass, tell the people the reality of the Fed! What is their charter? What purpose do they serve? Can they print money? If so, how much have they printed?

I f the assets of a bank go down in value one trillion dollars, where did the money go? All of this real estate that keeps losing value. Where is the money that has disappeared? How do you save the banks that have lost so much?

In the stock market, when the market crashes by sixty percent and banks are holding forty percent of what they used to hold as an investment and this decreased value prevents the bank from lending out of fear that the bank can go belly up and in turn bankrupt the FDIC. Who is willing to buy those "toxic" assets so the bank's books are not so traumatized? If the FED was not there to save the banks, hundreds of banks would have failed each and every quarter for the past two years. That did not happen thanks to the FED. Europe needs a FED and they do not have one. Our FED system is the greatest genius idea in the history of the world. Technically, we can borrow endlessly from the FED and never have to pay them back. God bless their little hearts.

And my God damn you to hell for lying all of the time. You are a disgusting and ugly excuse for a human being, and a really ignorant one at that.

Great, another fucking n00b telling everyone what a tough guy they are. Hey New Barf, you may wanna get another pic for your avi, because you are ONE UGLY MOTHERFUCKER.

Might wanna lay off the keyboard steroids as well, someone may end up taking you up on your offer and you could end up in the hospital by pissing off the wrong person.

In other words, grow up New Barf.

In the stock market, when the market crashes by sixty percent and banks are holding forty percent of what they used to hold as an investment and this decreased value prevents the bank from lending out of fear that the bank can go belly up and in turn bankrupt the FDIC. Who is willing to buy those "toxic" assets so the bank's books are not so traumatized? If the FED was not there to save the banks, hundreds of banks would have failed each and every quarter for the past two years. That did not happen thanks to the FED.

Sad but true.

Only it would not have been hundreds of banks closing down.

It would have been EVERY BANK going down.

You guys KNOW I hate the FED the way its structured now, right?

But still...in this case, had the FED not acted, the world, the whole damned world, would have gone belly up.

It may still...that's how fucked up things got thanks to not regulating when they should have, over regulating where they had no business regulating, and not even having regulations when they were DEPERATELY needed.

We keep trying to dumb down this story, but when we do that, we become easy targets for partisan bullshit.

Both parties fucked up, the system is bent at its inception and it is DESIGNED to keep a very select group of American VERY wealthy at the expense of just about every one of us.

In the stock market, when the market crashes by sixty percent and banks are holding forty percent of what they used to hold as an investment and this decreased value prevents the bank from lending out of fear that the bank can go belly up and in turn bankrupt the FDIC. Who is willing to buy those "toxic" assets so the bank's books are not so traumatized? If the FED was not there to save the banks, hundreds of banks would have failed each and every quarter for the past two years. That did not happen thanks to the FED.

Sad but true.

Only it would not have been hundreds of banks closing down.

It would have been EVERY BANK going down.

You guys KNOW I hate the FED the way its structured now, right?

But still...in this case, had the FED not acted, the world, the whole damned world, would have gone belly up.

It may still...that's how fucked up things got thanks to not regulating when they should have, over regulating where they had no business regulating, and not even having regulations when they were DEPERATELY needed.
That post hoc ergo propter hoc dog don't hunt.

Forum List

Back