Berg's father Blames Bush and Rumsfield...

insein

Apr 10, 2004
Philadelphia, Amazing huh...
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=sto...s_nm/iraq_usa_beheading_family_dc_7&printer=1

Yea i know we've probably all heard it by now but here it is anyway.

Berg Died for Bush, Rumsfeld 'Sins' - Father

Thu May 13, 3:06 PM ET Add U.S. National - Reuters to My Yahoo!

By Jon Hurdle

PHILADELPHIA (Reuters) - The father of Nick Berg, the American beheaded in Iraq (news - web sites), directly blamed President Bush (news - web sites) and Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld on Thursday for his son's death.

"My son died for the sins of George Bush and Donald Rumsfeld. This administration did this," Berg said in an interview with radio station KYW-AM.

In the interview from outside his home in West Chester, Pennsylvania, a seething Michael Berg also said his 26-year-old son, a civilian contractor, probably would have felt positive, even about his executioners, until the last minute.

"I am sure that he only saw the good in his captors until the last second of his life," Berg said. "They did not know what they were doing. They killed their best friend."

Two days after the publication of a video showing the execution of his son by five masked men, Berg attacked the Bush administration for its invasion of Iraq and its sponsorship of the Patriot Act, which gives sweeping powers of surveillance to the federal government.

Berg described the Patriot Act as a "coup d'etat." He added: "It's not the same America I grew up in."

The criticism came amid finger-pointing between Berg's family, U.S. military officials and Iraqi police over the young businessman's imprisonment before his execution.

Michael Berg rejected U.S. government claims that his son had never been held by American authorities in Iraq. The Iraqi police chief in the city of Mosul has also contradicted statements by the U.S.-led coalition concerning the younger Berg's detention.

'FBI (news - web sites) CAME TO MY HOUSE'

"I have a written statement from the State Department in Baghdad ... saying that my son was being held by the military," Berg said. "I can also assure you that the FBI came to my house on March 31 and told me that the FBI had him in Mosul in an Iraqi prison."

Dan Senor, spokesman for the Coalition Provisional Authority, said this week that Nick Berg was arrested in Mosul by Iraqi police on March 24 and released on April 6.

Senor said the FBI visited Berg three times during his detention by Iraqi police and determined that he was not involved in criminal or terrorist activities.

Brig.-Gen. Mark Kimmitt, the top U.S. military spokesman in Iraq, said American military police had seen Berg during his detention to make sure he was being fed and treated properly.

Berg returned to Baghdad from Mosul in April and went missing on April 9, during a chaotic period when dozens of foreigners were snatched by guerrillas west of the capital.

His body was discovered by a road near Baghdad on Saturday. The video of his decapitation was posted on the Internet on Tuesday.

Berg had been in Baghdad from late December to Feb. 1 and returned to Iraq in March. He did not find work and planned to return home at the end of March, according to his parents.

Berg's communications to his parents stopped on March 24 and he told them later he was jailed by Iraqi officials after being picked up at a checkpoint in Mosul.

On April 5, the Bergs filed a lawsuit against the U.S. government, naming Rumsfeld and alleging their son was being held illegally by the U.S. military in Iraq. The next day, he was released. (additional reporting by Maher al-Thanoon)

I feel for the guy. He just lost his son in a very gruesome manner. So his emotions are probably not in correct alignment right now(another reason i hate reporters asking "How do you feel" when a someone dies).

But lets be honest. Berg was there as a civilian contractor. He went of his own free will. He was told repeatedly of the dangers of going there and that his safety was not guaranteed. He was not a soldier so therefore the argument that this is Bush's Fault goes out the window.

Being that he lives near philly, i can tell you that he probably has had a preconceived notion of Bush and Rumsfield long before his son's horrific demise. I just think its sad for his son to be remember this way.

Flame me all you want but this deal stinks to the high heavens. First of all he's in Iraq, how the fuck do you get into Iraq right now without military approval? Are we as private citizens allowed there right now without being part of a government contract, Red Cross, UN whatever? This guys a Jew, he enters through Israel. Doesn't that say something? No way a Jew is going to go into Iraq right now, he'll get slaughtered real quick. His old man is a rabid anti-Bush guy from way back.

Its 1 of these 3 things but which I don't know.

1. He pulled a Jihad Johnny on us and joined up with the scumbags and they turned on him like a rabid dog.

2. He was a spy for the Mossad, was found out and they clipped him.

3. In some sort of stupid ass attempt on the part of him and his father to undermine Bush in Iraq he went there representing his fathers anti-Bush group and crapped out. The dice came up snake eyes for him and he lost his head.

I'm 100% sure that this crap about being an innocent civilian contractor in Iraq is just that, crap. Nobody I know right now would go anywhere near there unless they were behind the wheel of an F-16.

Originally posted by OCA
Flame me all you want but this deal stinks to the high heavens. First of all he's in Iraq, how the fuck do you get into Iraq right now without military approval? Are we as private citizens allowed there right now without being part of a government contract, Red Cross, UN whatever? This guys a Jew, he enters through Israel. Doesn't that say something? No way a Jew is going to go into Iraq right now, he'll get slaughtered real quick. His old man is a rabid anti-Bush guy from way back.

1. He pulled a Jihad Johnny on us and joined up with the scumbags and they turned on him like a rabid dog.

3. In some sort of stupid ass attempt on the part of him and his father to undermine Bush in Iraq he went there representing his fathers anti-Bush group and crapped out. The dice came up snake eyes for him and he lost his head.

I'm 100% sure that this crap about being an innocent civilian contractor in Iraq is just that, crap. Nobody I know right now would go anywhere near there unless they were behind the wheel of an F-16.

I'd say thats all logical but he was a radio tower expert. He worked on a local station 1210 WIP in Philly, a very vocal conservative network. Several members of the station spoke of his support for Bush and he's general good nature. So it just doesnt make sense.

Originally posted by insein
I'd say thats all logical but he was a radio tower expert. He worked on a local station 1210 WIP in Philly, a very vocal conservative network. Several members of the station spoke of his support for Bush and he's general good nature. So it just doesnt make sense.

I'm not buying it. Just the fact that he went to Iraq, into an extremely volatile situation raises eyebrows in and of itself. Was he gonna build these things all by his lonesome? Was the money that great that he was willing to risk life and limb? Something just doesn't add up.

Wouldn't he have the job over there before going. In the article it says he couldn't find work so he was coming back home. My husband, who has worked in telecommunications for over 7 years, was talking about going over so I can understand that part, BUT why go over if you don't have the job already? Maybe I'm not understanding that right. He had the bids, but couldn't find work, that sounds wierd. And from what I heard, his father called him a telecommunications "expert" (which I'm told is a no-no in telecommunications, you never are called an "expert", beside the point, I know) but he doesn't even have a degree in anything for telecommunications, how would he even get a bid?
I don't know.

Originally posted by OCA
I'm not buying it. Just the fact that he went to Iraq, into an extremely volatile situation raises eyebrows in and of itself. Was he gonna build these things all by his lonesome? Was the money that great that he was willing to risk life and limb? Something just doesn't add up.

I have to agree with you here OCA. The media played him up as poor little Mr American contractor/entrepreneur at first, but that has quickly subsided. Now we're finding out he's been investigated by the FBI, knew terrorists, and was thrown in prison in Iraq and wouldn't leave given warning of his safety and the chance to get out.

No doubt. Somethings fishy here.

Originally posted by OCA

I'm so glad I came here, and got some clarity. It's a shame to die that way, but if it's not innocent we need to know.

I'm with OCA on this one. Does anyone know if this jew headed over to Iraq to start some trouble? It seems to me like he was asking for it.

I would expect the father to be blaming Rumsfeld and Bush, even though I don't feel it is in the least bit their fault.

Originally posted by Palestinian Jew
I'm with OCA on this one. Does anyone know if this jew headed over to Iraq to start some trouble? It seems to me like he was asking for it.

I would expect the father to be blaming Rumsfeld and Bush, even though I don't feel it is in the least bit their fault.

Im glad you can at least see that. I still don't think he got whats coming to him. No one gets a beheading coming to them. But yes more and more facts are leading to this fishy situation as it were.

Correct, nobody deserves what he got. I think in one of the theories is he jumped in with these guys as a Jihad Johnny, they got what they could out of him and then decided to kill him but they decided that with his death they were going to send a big statement.

Forum List

Back