Berger-Kerry

freeandfun1

VIP Member
Feb 14, 2004
I am just wondering, while it will be very interesting to find out what will happen with Berger over the recent security "incident"; I am also wondering how this all might have an affect on Kerry. It will be interesting if anything sticks to Kerry if by way of "guilt by association" if nothing else. The polls will have some indication of such pretty soon I am sure.

I have noticed that the media, while mentioning Berger's relationship with Kerry's campaign, are really staying away from making any "guilt by association" comments. However, it is the mind of the voters that is most important, and it will be interesting to see if there is any movement in the polls based on this news.

Am I thinking too much? :banana2:

freeandfun1 said:
I am just wondering, while it will be very interesting to find out what will happen with Berger over the recent security "incident"; I am also wondering how this all might have an affect on Kerry. It will be interesting if anything sticks to Kerry if by way of "guilt by association" if nothing else. The polls will have some indication of such pretty soon I am sure.

I have noticed that the media, while mentioning Berger's relationship with Kerry's campaign, are really staying away from making any "guilt by association" comments. However, it is the mind of the voters that is most important, and it will be interesting to see if there is any movement in the polls based on this news.

Now is the time to write those 'letters to the editor'! Make the connection the media refuses to do!

News came out just after Hannity went off the air and local man, Dom Giordono went on that Berger had stolen documents on 5 separate occasions. It also stated that the times these documents were released, Kerry came out with different attacks against Bush. Seemingly out of left field comments like, Port Security coming from Kerry were timed very closely to one of the thefts Berger had made.

Basically this needs to be investigated to the fullest. If Kerry doesnt want to go down, then he needs to release all of his notes and correspondance that he and his people have had with Berger since these incidents. Otherwise, Republicans will bring him down even if the media won't (with the exception of Fox and the internet).

freeandfun1 said:

Not a bit. He has been a Kerry 'foreign affairs advisor' but tonight withdrew from that role. They are trying to contain, but the blogosphere is all over this.

Kathianne said:
Not a bit. He has been a Kerry 'foreign affairs advisor' but tonight withdrew from that role. They are trying to contain, but the blogosphere is all over this.

Those freaking bastarges. I demand some payback for this truly criminal behavior. :bat:

Why don't we start by getting search warrants on the entire Kerry committee, and if the missing documents are not found, we'll proceed to strip search every one of the staff until Kerry himself has to bend over. I want some answers, or someone is getting the nightstick up the yazoo, know what I mean?

freeandfun1 said:

Call me a pessimist, but do you really believe that ANYTHING can convince the ABB crowd of the error of their ways?

They're already racking their little pea-brains and coming up with lame phrases to blame the Republicans for this incident. The next thing that's coming will be the accusation that this whole thing is contrived or exaggerated by the Bush campaign and is just another dirty trick to make kerry look bad. And there are at least a couple of libs who post here who will believe it.

Merlin1047 said:
Call me a pessimist, but do you really believe that ANYTHING can convince the ABB crowd of the error of their ways?

They're already racking their little pea-brains and coming up with lame phrases to blame the Republicans for this incident. The next thing that's coming will be the accusation that this whole thing is contrived or exaggerated by the Bush campaign and is just another dirty trick to make kerry look bad. And there are at least a couple of libs who post here who will believe it.

well, my point is this:

the only undecided voters left are the common folks that make up the backbone of this country. What I like to call the good ole boys and girls. They are not dumb folks, they just don't stay up on matters like folks like you and me. they are too busy working in their fields or on the construction job to pay much attention to the details of the daily drum.... therefore, it is the little events like this - the ones that show an absolute lack of character - that affects their positions. I truly believe that this could help the GOP with the Blue Collar guys. The ones that hold GOP values but tend to vote Democrat cuz that is all they know.

freeandfun1 said:
well, my point is this:

the only undecided voters left are the common folks that make up the backbone of this country. What I like to call the good ole boys and girls. They are not dumb folks, they just don't stay up on matters like folks like you and me. they are too busy working in their fields or on the construction job to pay much attention to the details of the daily drum.... therefore, it is the little events like this - the ones that show an absolute lack of character - that affects their positions. I truly believe that this could help the GOP with the Blue Collar guys. The ones that hold GOP values but tend to vote Democrat cuz that is all they know.

I agree Fun! I also have to believe there are 'partisans' who want badly for their party to win, but NOT 'at any cost.' Like here with the Jack Ryan problem. I could live with kinky, but not that he used his kid to keep it from even the party, which could have helped him earlier. So now the people I know, won't have a problem voting for the Dem, and hoping he is as good as he appears.

:blowup:

If we had handled Classified "codeword" material in this way when I was in the Navy, we would have ended up in Leavenworth and quickly. The guy has lawyered up and is still out of jail. Remember what Lee got for one count of mishandling Classifieds? 6 months, time served as he was in jail during the investigation and trial. I guess he didn't lawyer up quite as well as Berger, but I don't think he will actually get away with this. Just how much will stick to Kerry.

I think it shows a lack of foresight to not come out with the story before it was released to the press out of their control. Keeping him on when he is under investigation is also an oversight that I laugh to see. Now there are myriad ways to construe a connection with these illegal activities and Kerry. This is like when the Bushies didn't come out with the Ghraib stories right away and minimize the damage by showing what they were doing about it, instead they ignore the fact that the press will get there sometime with or without you.

no1tovote4 said:
:blowup:

If we had handled Classified "codeword" material in this way when I was in the Navy, we would have ended up in Leavenworth and quickly. The guy has lawyered up and is still out of jail. Remember what Lee got for one count of mishandling Classifieds? 6 months, time served as he was in jail during the investigation and trial. I guess he didn't lawyer up quite as well as Berger, but I don't think he will actually get away with this. Just how much will stick to Kerry.

I think it shows a lack of foresight to not come out with the story before it was released to the press out of their control. Keeping him on when he is under investigation is also an oversight that I laugh to see. Now there are myriad ways to construe a connection with these illegal activities and Kerry. This is like when the Bushies didn't come out with the Ghraib stories right away and minimize the damage by showing what they were doing about it, instead they ignore the fact that the press will get there sometime with or without you.

Agreed---same stupid attempt by both parties to control the timing of "news". You get a feeling sometimes that what we hear is controlled by politics???????---- naaaaaaaa------ That would be like that old evil empire.

Forum List

Back