Bennigans Closed Immediately!!

sealybobo

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Michigan
It happened overnight and without warning!

Effective immediately all Bennigan's restaurants are closed for business.

The chain owns and operates around 800 Bennigan's across America.

Yet another major blow to the economy!

A major blow?

Yeah, I mean, where are people going to eat now??

It happened overnight and without warning!

Effective immediately all Bennigan's restaurants are closed for business.

The chain owns and operates around 800 Bennigan's across America.

Yet another major blow to the economy!

Never heard of them either.

But it does not surprise me to hear of another business in the USA closing. Get used to it. This is just the beginning!

It's a sister restaurant chain of Ponderosa Steak House.

And from what I understand, it's mainly just Chicago area locations that are closing. Not every single location nationwide.

EDIT: Just checked, sealybobo is right. It's nationwide.

Last edited:
It's a sister restaurant chain of Ponderosa Steak House.

And from what I understand, it's mainly just Chicago area locations that are closing. Not every single location nationwide.

EDIT: Just checked, sealybobo is right. It's nationwide.

No you are right. The ones in Ann Arbor are privately owned so they are staying open.

But 800 Benegans, 500 starbucks, linens and things, video stores. All in the past week I have seen a lot of this stuff.

The people at my work love Bennegans. I myself didn't care for it. But that's besides the point.

No you are right. The ones in Ann Arbor are privately owned so they are staying open.

But 800 Benegans, 500 starbucks, linens and things, video stores. All in the past week I have seen a lot of this stuff.

The people at my work love Bennegans. I myself didn't care for it. But that's besides the point.

I'm not sure how it's a major blow to the economy, though. Bear Stearns collapsing was a major blow, there was trillions of dollars at stake. Bennigans is just a stupid ass restaurant, in a SEA of stupid ass restaurants. People will go elsewhere to eat. If anything, the economy was a major blow to THEM, being how people will cut back on dining out during bad economic times.

I'm not sure how it's a major blow to the economy, though. Bear Stearns collapsing was a major blow, there was trillions of dollars at stake. Bennigans is just a stupid ass restaurant, in a SEA of stupid ass restaurants. People will go elsewhere to eat. If anything, the economy was a major blow to THEM, being how people will cut back on dining out during bad economic times.

I an not familiar with some of those you mentioned ... but .... I agree that if Starbucks closed ALL of their stores it would be a National Disaster for all of the Yuppies! :D

I an not familiar with some of those you mentioned ... but .... I agree that if Starbucks closed ALL of their stores it would be a National Disaster for all of the Yuppies! :D

I only mentioned Bear Stearns, which isn't a restaurant. It's an investment bank, but I was just putting it into perspective on what kind of business failure is a major blow to the economy, and what kind isn't.

A brand new Bennigans was built in this town less than 4 years ago.

yay. more empty commercial space to add to the throng of empty pre-superwal mart properties.

A brand new Bennigans was built in this town less than 4 years ago.

yay. more empty commercial space to add to the throng of empty pre-superwal mart properties.

If Walmart buys up that portion of space, that's the free market in action.

Someone else has just as much right to buy it up. It doesn't HAVE to be Walmart. Shit, if you have the capital, buy it up YOURSELF, and turn it into a philly cheese steak joint. If you make the sandwiches right, you'll be prosperous, and you KNOW this.

If my buddy still lived in Knobnoster, I'd come out for a visit for some BBQ and help get you acquainted with the art of the Philly Steak.

Last edited:

You're not sure how the loss of those jobs affects the places in which the restaurants were located?

For someone who professes an understanding of economics, not *getting* why it's a bad thing that places like Starbucks and Bennigans are closing seems a bit odd.

:clap2:
You're not sure how the loss of those jobs affects the places in which the restaurants were located?

For someone who professes an understanding of economics, not *getting* why it's a bad thing that places like Starbucks and Bennigans are closing seems a bit odd.

:eusa_clap:

It's a huge opportunity for small business entrepreneurs.

Yea, ones with money. Can you imagine with the mortgage industry collapse how hard it would be to get a loan today? And when we are in a recession? And with bankruptsy laws tougher than ever? Competing against the big national chains. Not that it is impossible, but go for it dude.

And if it is an opportunists market, where are all the people starting their little business'?

That's why foreigners are buying up America. With the weak dollar, it's cheap for them.

I never said it wouldn't affect the economy. But "major blow"? I don't think so. Bennigans has obviously been suffering for some time now, you don't just become bankrupt overnight. I would imagine many of those workers have already been through lay-offs.

And I'm as bearish as they come.

What it is though, is a sign of the times. Eventually I believe many others may be following suit, at which point you can start calling it a major blow.

Their food isn't great either, and not even South Park could keep them afloat, so it seems as though this may have been inevitable.

Forum List

Back