Bennifer goes to the Hill

MtnBiker

Sep 28, 2003
Rocky Mountains
Kennedy, Affleck want minimum wage raised to $7

(Capitol Hill-AP) April 29, 2004 - Ben Affleck is helping Senator Edward Kennedy propose a $1.85 increase in the minimum wage.

The small room in the Senate where their news conference was held on Thursday was overflowing with reporters and female staffers who wanted a glimpse of Affleck. Kennedy jokingly asked "where were you" the last time he proposed an increase in the minimum wage.

Kennedy and other Democrats want the minimum wage raised to $7 an hour. It is currently $5.15. Affleck says, "Nobody is going to get rich off making $7 an hour, and no employer will go broke. It is simply the very least that we as a wealthy and prosperous nation can do."

The senator and the actor met several years ago during a strike by Harvard janitors. Affleck's father and stepmother worked for low wages as janitors at Harvard University, but he joked that Kennedy invited him because he thought he'd be back working for minimum wage after his movie "Gigli" bombed.

Link

Only 7 bucks why not 20?

The fact that Affleck does ANYTHING showing support for Kennedy ruins any hope of him ever being considered 'smart'.

If the hollywood types want the minimum wage changed, I say they ought to spend 1 year as a minimum wage EARNER, and then one as an employer PAYING minimum wage -as it CHANGES so they would have a clue.

But then, they aren't supposed to HAVE a clue. That is why they are actors.

(-Edited to not say "entertainers" to keep musicman and others from potentially raining hellfire on me.) :p: :laugh:

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
affleck speaking for minimum wage is hilarious, considering the SAG minimum for a movie is 150k

Maybe there is a ratio between their minimum and minimum wage.

He could just want a raise!

The Sum of All Fears: $10,000,000
Changing Lanes: $10,000,000
Pearl Harbor: $250,000
Bounce: $12,500,000
Armageddon: $600,000
Chasing Amy: $7,000
School Ties: $30,000

If anything, I'd say he's overpaid ;)

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
The Sum of All Fears: $10,000,000
Pearl Harbor: $250,000
Bounce: $12,500,000
Armageddon: $600,000
Chasing Amy: $7,000
School Ties: $30,000

If anything, I'd say he's overpaid ;)

Me too.

I would guess, then, he sees the end of his career and needs a cushion.

If burger flipping rate goes up, he thinks he will have an easier time when he needs that job. :D

I wonder how much cash he's made off of that flick that him and Damon were in and wrote(can't think of the title now)?

Originally posted by OCA
I wonder how much cash he's made off of that flick that him and Damon were in and wrote(can't think of the title now)?

I can't stand either one. They are equally bad in my opinion.

Originally posted by OCA

good will hunting.

probably not much more than the others. he got paid as a writer and producer, not the star

The man plunked down how much for an engagement ring to a twice married piece of trash...how could there be any question about his lack of fiduciary responsibility to the underprivledged??????

If he's so damned concerned perhaps he should hock the ring and give the $ away.

Forum List

Back