Bennett Backs Off Birther Threat: “If I Embarrassed The State, I Apologize”

It would not have been an issue at all, if Hawaii had just come forward right away, when the state had asked for it.
It was Hawaii who held back for weeks before releasing it to AZ.

Hawaii asked for proof that Bennett was who he said he was and has a legitimate interest. If Hawaii has certified Obama was born there, what right does Bennett have to overrule them? What is wrong with that?

It must have been a clever ploy to identify the mentally ill who are potential risks to the community; the 1,200 "names stricken" are now on anti-psychotic medication in comfortable, quiet surroundings.

It would not have been an issue at all, if Hawaii had just come forward right away, when the state had asked for it.
It was Hawaii who held back for weeks before releasing it to AZ.

Hawaii asked for proof that Bennett was who he said he was and has a legitimate interest. If Hawaii has certified Obama was born there, what right does Bennett have to overrule them? What is wrong with that?

It must have been a clever ploy to identify the mentally ill who are potential risks to the community; the 1,200 "names stricken" are now on anti-psychotic medication in comfortable, quiet surroundings.

Actually, the 1200 birthers are Arizona legislators

By Nick R. Martin

After days of ridicule for launching a conspiracy theory-fueled investigation into Barack Obama’s birth certificate, Arizona Secretary of State Ken Bennett on Tuesday backed off his threat to keep the president off the ballot in November and apologized to his state.

“If I embarrassed the state, I apologize, but that certainly wasn’t my intent,” Bennett said in an interview with Phoenix radio station KTAR. “He’ll be on the ballot as long as he fills out the same paperwork and does the same things that everybody else has.”

More: Secretary of State Ken Bennett Backs Off Birther Threat, Aplogizes To Arizona | TPMMuckraker

I tole ya!

Good thing none of you took my thousand dollar bet, eh?

Forum List

Back