Benghazi Was Obama's 3 a.m. Call

Gosh we are such jerks for being upset over our presidential administration's lack of actions leading to americans getting killed when it could have been avoided if they only reacted to the intelligence they had and beefed up security @ our embassies on 9/11.

:confused:

who said you can't be upset? i am just saying its not that OMG extreme that you people want to try to pretend it is.

Look i get it. Had this been Bush or another righty the left would be doing the samething. Treated this as a national crisis. Its not.

I'm sorry, but I see the viscious and premeditated murder of Americans as important enough to pay attention to. If Obama was so dishonest and incompetent in his handling of that, how much confidence would we have if it had been notice of an attack on our homeland as well? Perspective is important, but so is principle. The Bible teaches us that those who are faithful in small things can be trusted with big things and vice versa. Whether or not, one is religious or a Bible believer, that is a lesson all should learn early on regarding their personal relationships, their larger affiliations, and their government. And the media is NOT treating bad stuff on the Left with the same intensity or in the same way it treats bad stuff on the right.

jesus christ do you people actually read what i write? I said its not 3am worthy. Thats it. Nothing about if you feel its important to talk about.
I disagree with the OP's hype.

Fucking christ...

Those guys are DEAD, Plasma. And they didn't have to die. Barack Obama can't bring them back to their families, neither can Hillary Clinton. This isn't some little gaffe where nobody got hurt.

A child could have predicted that Libya wasn't safe. But this administration didn't need one. They had recent anecdotal evidence and intelligence to tell them so. Yet they still FAILED to act. And after all that, they've done everything in their power to paper over their incompetence.

If the argument is 'what the heck, it's only four dead guys', consider how this incident has EMBOLDENED our enemies. It's still too soon for us to see the full consequences of this debacle.

People die all the time, and if Obama and his people screwed up, great take them to task over it. Is it OMG 3am worthy? No. Thats my point. Thats really my only point.

I seriously don't give a shit.

How many embassies need to be under attack before you consider it 3 a.m. worthy?

All of them.

But then i also consider the source and the poster who makes the OP.

who said you can't be upset? i am just saying its not that OMG extreme that you people want to try to pretend it is.

Look i get it. Had this been Bush or another righty the left would be doing the samething. Treated this as a national crisis. Its not.

I'm sorry, but I see the viscious and premeditated murder of Americans as important enough to pay attention to. If Obama was so dishonest and incompetent in his handling of that, how much confidence would we have if it had been notice of an attack on our homeland as well? Perspective is important, but so is principle. The Bible teaches us that those who are faithful in small things can be trusted with big things and vice versa. Whether or not, one is religious or a Bible believer, that is a lesson all should learn early on regarding their personal relationships, their larger affiliations, and their government. And the media is NOT treating bad stuff on the Left with the same intensity or in the same way it treats bad stuff on the right.

jesus christ do you people actually read what i write? I said its not 3am worthy. Thats it. Nothing about if you feel its important to talk about.

Fucking christ...

An attack on a U.S. consulate on 9/11--four people dead, 30 others injured--and 10 other consulates and embassies under threat, and you don't think that is 3 a.m. worthy? Well you see it as you see it. But perhaps you will understand that some of us don't shrug such things off so easily, and we expect our President to not shrug it off and go about business as if nothing really all that serious has happened? And we expect our President to provide adequate security and protection to those he orders into harm's way, most espevcially when they are asking for it?

Last edited:
It's about "Leadership". We have none from Obama. He leads "from behind" , remember?

Benghazi perfectly illustrates and highlights the failure of Obama's worldview and foreign policy. He believes that if we are "nice" to our enemies and trust them; they'll be nice to us...:lol: Now we have four dead including a US Ambassador, and have lost face in a region where losing face puts Americans lives at risk. It's amateur hour and Obama is leading the chorus.

This is why we cannot elect inexperienced academicians and dilettantes to high office...

Those poor, peaceful, democratic jihadists dont seem to understand just how much the Nobel peace prize winners apologist , internationalist, adoration has helped them..........

But "progressives" can.........lol

Those guys are DEAD, Plasma. And they didn't have to die. Barack Obama can't bring them back to their families, neither can Hillary Clinton. This isn't some little gaffe where nobody got hurt.

A child could have predicted that Libya wasn't safe. But this administration didn't need one. They had recent anecdotal evidence and intelligence to tell them so. Yet they still FAILED to act. And after all that, they've done everything in their power to paper over their incompetence.

If the argument is 'what the heck, it's only four dead guys', consider how this incident has EMBOLDENED our enemies. It's still too soon for us to see the full consequences of this debacle.

People die all the time, and if Obama and his people screwed up, great take them to task over it. Is it OMG 3am worthy? No. Thats my point. Thats really my only point.

When Sean Smith looked out his window that evening and saw "police" taking photos, he suspected he might die before morning. And he was right. But oh well... them's the breaks, right? :eusa_sick:
It's not a matter of "if" Obama and his people screwed up. They screwed up. And then tried their best to hide it from the American people. Even now, they're trying to hide it.

If your consulate is burning at 3am and the guys you sent there are dead, yeah... that sure as hell IS a 3am moment. And not only did Barack Obama sleep through it, he went campaigning the next day instead of handling it. He's more worried about this election than what can fairly be called a dereliction of his duty to the security of this nation.

Fucking christ...

An attack on a U.S. consulate on 9/11--four people dead, 30 others injured--and 10 other consulates and embassies under threat, and you don't think that is 3 a.m. worthy? Well you see it as you see it. But perhaps you will understand that some of us don't shrug such things off so easily, and we expect our President to not shrug it off and go about business as if nothing really all that serious has happened? And we expect our President to provide adequate security and protection to those he orders into harm's way, most espevcially when they are asking for it?

no i don't see it as 3am worthy. I see it as info i should get when i wake up in the morning, because i have people i trust to take care of things till then.

Fucking christ...

no i don't see it as 3am worthy. I see it as info i should get when i wake up in the morning, because i have people i trust to take care of things till then.

Good point. Sure wish Obama had chosen people who would have done the job correctly and provided security to the embassies on this important anniversary even if their instincts to appease led them to keep security light on other days.

When Sean Smith looked out his window that evening and saw "police" taking photos, he suspected he might die before morning. And he was right. But oh well... them's the breaks, right? :eusa_sick:
It's not a matter of "if" Obama and his people screwed up. They screwed up. And then tried their best to hide it from the American people. Even now, they're trying to hide it.

If your consulate is burning at 3am and the guys you sent there are dead, yeah... that sure as hell IS a 3am moment. And not only did Barack Obama sleep through it, he went campaigning the next day instead of handling it. He's more worried about this election than what can fairly be called a dereliction of his duty to the security of this nation.

he knew the dangers going into the job. I dont feel bad for him.

Really because you where step for step with obama throughout his whole day? You knew what happened behind closed doors?
LOL i love it, most powerful man in the "world" and he needs to be sitting in a room in order to make things happen.

What do you think when Bush went to camp David or his ranch he shut off the world? Seriously get a grip.

Fucking christ...

Sean Smith trusted those people too. But he didn't wake up the next morning. And he's not here to take exception to that, but we are.

Good point. Sure wish Obama had chosen people who would have done the job correctly and provided security to the embassies on this important anniversary even if their instincts to appease led them to keep security light on other days.

Wasnt there a report saying the people at the embassy didnt feel the need to have tightened security?

Wasnt there a report saying the people at the embassy didnt feel the need to have tightened security?
No
House committee: Requests for security in Libya denied

No, but it has been aserted by State Dept. officials these folks repeatedly asked for more security, and were repeatedly turned down.

Earlier today, chairman of the committee Rep. Darrell Issa, R-Calif., and Rep. Jason Chaffetz, R-Utah, the chair of the subcommittee on national security, homeland defense, and foreign operations, wrote to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, asserting that “multiple U.S. federal government officials have confirmed to the Committee that, prior to the September 11 (2012) attack, the U.S. mission in Libya made repeated requests for increased security in Benghazi. The mission in Libya, however, was denied these requests by officials in Washington.”

Source:

White House Has No Comment on House GOPers’ Assertions that Libyan Mission Requested Security Prior to 9/11/12 Attack - ABC News

Sean Smith trusted those people too. But he didn't wake up the next morning. And he's not here to take exception to that, but we are.

part of the job, again not really my argument here.

part of the job, again not really my argument here.

What is your argument? Are you defending the lack of security in Benghazi? Are you saying that Obama isn't responsible to the diplomats that his State Dept. sends out into the world? Who is then?

Really because you where step for step with obama throughout his whole day? You knew what happened behind closed doors?
LOL i love it, most powerful man in the "world" and he needs to be sitting in a room in order to make things happen.

What do you think when Bush went to camp David or his ranch he shut off the world? Seriously get a grip.

That's fucking sad, man. Empathy is nothing but 'walking a mile in another guy's shoes'. And when I walk that mile, I see very clearly how this administration let those guys down, caused the worst pain imaginable to their families. And then went on about their election campaign as if nothing had happened.

But even if you're one of those sorts who can't manage empathy for other people, surely you could muster enough logic to understand that there are consequences to security failures which embolden our enemies. Security failures are gasoline on a bonfire. They're invitations for further violence.

That's fucking sad, man. Empathy is nothing but 'walking a mile in another guy's shoes'. And when I walk that mile, I see very clearly how this administration let those guys down, caused the worst pain imaginable to their families. And then went on about their election campaign as if nothing had happened.

But even if you're one of those sorts who can't manage empathy for other people, surely you could muster enough logic to understand that there are consequences to security failures which embolden our enemies. Security failures are gasoline on a bonfire. They're invitations for further violence.

If thats how you want to see it. The more power to ya.

Forum List

Back