Benefits of obamacare

Discussion in 'Healthcare/Insurance/Govt Healthcare' started by LilOlLady, Jan 17, 2011.

1. LilOlLady

LilOlLady Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +761
    Benefits of Obama Care

Health care is an issue of concern for many American. For this reason, President Barrack Obama has emphasized aggressive strategies to improve America’s health care. However, the health care plan has since received varied reactions from folks all over the county. Some believe the bill will improve their access to medical aid, while others feel that it will only affect the upper class.

1. Expanded coverage
    The new national health care could target small business and all American citizens, with benefits somehow similar to government personnel. All American citizens would have access to medical coverage, regardless of pre-existing conditions or illness, and the government would provide monetary assistance to those who need it.

2. Lowered expenses
    The major benefit of the health care bill is that the government will regulate premiums for people with pre-existing problems. Also, employers would be obligated to alleviate cost of health care for their employees, meaning it would be more affordable. By doing so, competition in the field of medicine and insurance would rise, thus decreasing cost.

3. Improved quality

According to recent findings, there has been a large number of slipups that has lead to deaths annually in major hospitals. The government would spend more money on medical technology to improve medical care.

4. Increased choices

State Children’s Health insurance and Medicaid, would be made available to children who are not eligible for Medicaid. In addition, the program would also cater for those in need of health care.

5. Advanced medical research
    Every hospital would be obligated to keep records of medical expenses to ensure quality health care given to the patients. More emphasis on advanced medical research will provide medical workers with skills to solve medical problems.

Although there are no drawbacks of the Obama care, it may be difficult to define how it will impact the current health care system, or those who will end up paying for mandatory heath coverage.

Benefits of Obama Care | Benefits Of

2. LilOlLady

LilOlLady Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +761
    How do you place a price on healthcare for American? Healthy Americans make healthy workforce.

3. Quantum Windbag

Quantum Windbag Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,221
    This is going to be amusing.

Expanded coverage sounds great, until we consider exactly what type of coverage we will get.

BBC NEWS | Asia-Pacific | The high price of illness in China

Personally, I would rather stick with the lesser coverage and know that I will see a real doctor rather than get universap covearage and see a 15 year old herbalist. Dougie Houser MD was a great TV show, but I prefer House in real life, even with his crappy bedside manor.

Spreading cost to more people does noting to lower them.

4. laurahill

laurahill Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This benefits of obamacare sounds great.This is really very beneficial.Thanks for sharing such health-care stuff.

5. Mini 14

Mini 14 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +570
    I think the most important and obvious aspect of Obama's healthcare Bill is that it is unconstitutional.

6. Anachronism

Anachronism BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +231
    For some of us it has nothing to do with whether Obamacare is better, worse, or the same as the system we have now. For some of us it's all about what the Government should be involved in versus what it should not be involved in.

Personally, I have made it known verbally to friends and family and in legal document that I WILL NOT allow any medical treatment where payment for that treatment comes from the Government rather than from myself or my personal medical insurance. I would rather be Dead, than Red.

7. old navy

old navy <<< Action Figures

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +379
    The PPACA was a bad piece of legislation from the get-go. The back room deals and closed door sessions produced crap for a law that no one is happy with. The U.S. is the world leader in health care and technology research and development. We must therefore take on the burden of the associated costs. Included in that is the cost of medication. I used to think that R & D was the major cost of producing drugs (along with high salaries) but have discovered that advertising costs have driven up the overall health care costs in the U.S. Why do the companies have to advertise? Most of the drugs that patients ask their physician for are not needed, yet the doc feels a need to satisfy the patient so the drug is ordered. That results in waste and contributes to high costs.

8. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    I think his bill was well intentioned but a complete SNAFU.

Perhaps it was the best he thought he could do, given politics, but personally I think that if it goes into effect we will see a stupendous rise in the cost of private HC insurance AND health care generally.

His bill gives us the WORST of both worlds.

It gives us all the downsides of socialized medicine with none of its benefits. It also exascerbates the downside of market forces that will drive up costs to capture every additional dollar thrown at health care.

Aside from thsse deadly problems it's a grand plan.

Just about exactly the kind of compromised mess that I'd expect coming from limo liberals.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2011
  9. Bfgrn

Bfgrn Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,060
    limo liberals? How far up your ass is the fence post you always sit on?

10. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,644
    Well the price for seniors was 960 Billion dollars. That's what was stolen from seniors healthcare. Somebody is going to suffer. Just as long as it not you though.