Ben Stein: An Open Letter For All Americans

jillian said:
Afleck isn't stupid. He just talks faster than any human being I know. :D

Sammon was a whiney ole thing. But Biden sounded good.
Sammon wasn't whiney, he just had terribly pathetic and weak/defeated-sounding arguments. He didn't look he believed what he was saying.

Biden was good from time to time, although he got a little too bloviatory for me.

I liked the author that they interviewed, I want to know the last time he laughed at a joke.

The ClayTaurus said:
Sammon wasn't whiney, he just had terribly pathetic and weak/defeated-sounding arguments. He didn't look he believed what he was saying.

Well, its difficult for people to take positions because they're supposed to be good soldiers and not because they have a heartfelt belief in them.

Biden was good from time to time, although he got a little too bloviatory for me.

The soap box thing... :D

But he's definitely smart and seems like he tries to be fair-minded. Can't ask for a lot more than that out of a politician. (although he did vote for the bankruptcy bill.... guess to be expected for the senator from delaware, home of MBNA)

I liked the author that they interviewed, I want to know the last time he laughed at a joke.

lol... maybe during the great depression? ;)

Dr Grump said:
Who decides who is credible? On the political thread regarding celebs speaking out, conservatives never mentioned the credibility factor, just that actors and musicians should shut up and act and sing respectively. Now credibility is an "out" of sorts. Interesting how the rules change....

The rules didn't change. You're trying to compare people like Charlie Sheen to Ben Stien. Do you really need someone to draw out the difference between the two?

There's also the way it's presented. Ben Stien didn't call a press conference as if to say, "I'm Ben Stien, so this is obviously important!" He just expressed himself just like any American has a right to do.

Forum List

Back